Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Positive player testimony

Comments

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

"Fantastic game, want The team-play you get in BF with large, open (halfscale of europe!) and realistic weapons/Vehicles? then give it a look :)"

21/10/2012

• antipropaantipropa Member Posts: 21

Again a MOD needs to lock this false thread.  We can all sit here and quote "people" but this spamming of false feedback is laugable.  Please show us more respect and lock this down.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    There's room for all points of view, but links to these comments would help.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156

We were asked my a mod to not call out specific players in these posts.  Any chance we can get this locked then? It's just Stug posting hearsay.  I can see if it was actual users who were posting to keep it open.  Thanks!

• antipropaantipropa Member Posts: 21

Or I'm going to spam nasty remarks that I can make up. 

His point has been made, or ruined.   So has mine.  End this.  This false info is what led me to spend money on a game that isn't alive and then costs me a lot of money to unsub from.  If I would have gotten on this site first and found the actual state of the game I wouldnt have spent my hard earned money on it like I did and had the headaches it caused.

One person spamming false positives or made up data is detremental to all of the real gamers out here, you know the ones that don't have extra money to throw at a game that is dead, and its all  because of 10 people that don't want their 11 year old game to die.

Thank you for doing the right thing here MODS.

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Malus-wwiionline
    Originally posted by axishatr
    Stug your tongue must be brown with all the licking you do.

Game is still $17.99 per month.

Game is free to play now.  Go back and check out the website:  http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/about-the-game/plans-a-pricing

Why all the misrepresentation of facts?

"Always with those negative waves Moriarity!" 

$17.99 for a premium account? Good lord! How can they charge so much for a game of this caliber. I think I'll have to pass on this one. But thanks for the information I guess.

The real kicker is if you were a day-1 subscriber they raised the premium price to $12.99.  If you quit the game they offered you the same tier for $9.99.   So people who were loyal customers are forced to pay $12.99 while people who left can come back for $9.99 ? How is that for customer relations.   It's not so much the $3 that is the big deal it is the principle of the matter.  That and on top of all the bugs and CRS attitude towards customers no wonder they are down to a handul of fanboi's and 18 player server population.   With no word of bug fixes sicne thier self-admitted failed launch in 2011 seriously what do they expect. 

Back in the day with the battles we had and the large server population I would pay $17.99 to get that back. Not going to happen.   Even Free-2-Play go look at the server population now look at the numbers it's pathetic.

Originally posted by Amana
    There's room for all points of view, but links to these comments would help.

Hi Amana - thank you for your request.

The great majority of these posts come from the STEAM Greenlight page for WWIIOL which can be found here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93182567

Others can be found according to the links, where they where added.

Thank you,

Stug.

• boobitsboobits Member Posts: 27

I love CRS!!!

Why pay $9.99 when you can pay $17.99 a month for the SAME THING!!!  

/sign me up

"Recently resubscribed to this (though free2play is now an option with limited weapon/vehicle/plane selections) and i don't regret it at all!

Fantastic game, great community and hugely atmospheric. LOVE IT"

28/10/2012.

This post was found to be duplicated on my revisit.

"GREAT game. Ignore the graphics, if your looking for WW2 era realism, this is IT. NOT for CoD/BF3/MOH players with A.D.D. Could easily be the #1 persistant MMOFPS out there if it scored more funding."

28/10/2012

"awesome game. very deep. you can do whatever you want. I sometime drive a tank behind enemy lines (takes about an hour) and kill them when they land or take off from their airfield. most tremendous exiting feeling when they try and hunt you down!!!"

27/10/2012

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

What are these threads supposed to be about? Raising post count?

i dont get it.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

Please see the linky post above to the many positive comments.

In addition - see my posts elsewhere for discussion.

Thanks.

• GibboniciGibbonici Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Stug

As this thread is about positive player testimiony :

"

Gibbonici 12 hours ago 

I love this game. Sure the graphics aren't the best, the controls can be a bit tricky at first and the learning curve is fairly steep, but you absolutely will not find a more immersive, more epic and more intense WW2 game out there. Or any kind of war game for that matter.

I've got so many memories from my time in this game - paradrops over contested towns, being the only man alive out of a mission of 25 to make it into a German held town, being hopelessly outnumbered in Zeebrugge yet somehow holding on for 3 hours, being pinned down in the centre of Wavre in Belgium and seeing "RAF inbound Wavre" come up on chat to cheers over TS followed by swearing when "ETA 15 minutes" followed it.

Try it, stick with it through the learning curve (2 weeks ought to do it) and it will reward you with some of the best gaming moments you will ever have. And I say that as someone who's been gaming since the start of it all.

Only reason I don't play it now is that it took up way too much of my time!"

Heh, that's me! I just came here to see how the game was going before hitting up the free to play thing for a few days.

Hi! Please excuse me posting that hear - if you want it removing please let me know :)

Hope you are still enjoying the game?

" I too have have been supporting wwiionline for almost 11 years and will continue to do so for as long as I live. This game has given me many, many years of enjoyment and entertainment. It is still a great game despite the dated engine. Thank you crs and thank you to all the loyal players who have done so much to keep a great game alive."

http://discussions.playnet.com/showthread.php?t=408031&page=2

Was Awesome fun!..My experience:

Even with multiple CTDs (99% because of my POS PC) the load time for the game is quick enough that it didn't ruin my fun.

Again I think it's my PC but when we played the Tank maps my FPS dropped to 1, seems like more spawn in locations are needed for those maps and the maps are just a tiny bit to small.
    I love the Grenade throw set-up in RA...if that made it to BGE i'd be in heaven. It may seem a bit gamey but I'm pretty sure Veterans in WWII got damn accurate with the nades they used....maybe add a slight variable after the throw so it's not 100% accurate.

The D-Day map was so much fun, not since Return to Castle Wolfenstein have I so enjoyed a D-Day map! Firing an LMG from the top of the beach was extremely enjoyable!

Overall I am impressed with what Rats have achieved here and almost feel bad for bashing RA in it's early days.

15/11/2012

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=407946&page=3

Originally posted by Stug

"Even with multiple CTDs ..."

"my FPS dropped to 1"

" It may seem a bit gamey"

I suppose when you set your expectations low you can be satisfied most of the time.

"When you get in a big battle its the most realistic game out there. You have to judge it on strengths other then just graphics. You can fly planes with real controls "not point and click". You can move your head with TrackIR devices. The level of teamwork is high. Players will actually help you learn the game and you actually feel like you accomplished something after a successful battle. Upgrading to a $9.99 a month account is a steal with what they offer.

Honestly its worth a try and a few weeks to learn the game and meet people. Its delivers what other FPS's dont in many ways."

16/11/2012

"Been playing since 07. You will not find another game anywhere like this. It is a WWII sim no matter what some may think. It simulates fighting with period equipment and you, the player, helps decide the outcome of the campaigns. Every thing you do, every action you perform has cause and affect in real time.

I have seen campaigns run 3 days and I have seen some take up to 4 or 5 months to reach victory conditions with an actual slugfest taking place over one town and having just that one battle last 3 or 4 days. You can go from 10 minutes of bordom to 2 hours of pure panic in just a matter of minutes. There absolutly is no other game like WWII online."

28/11/2012

"guys this game is one of the best games ive ever played. and its free. its so fun. i feel like im in ww2"

"I have played this unique game for many years now and even though the graphics are outdated compared to the newer games like Call of Duty, the game-play as well as the overall maturity and organisation among the player base is absolutely amazing. I try new games all the time, but somehow I keep returning to this game because of its unique game play. I honestly highly recommend this to anyone that is interested in WWII and/or simulation type, tactical game-play for both infantry, armor and air combat. It is truly unmatched by any other PC game out there."

07/12/2012

• wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89

You are exactly right Stug, I too have played this game for years now and it never get's old. I love to defend the most, something about denying the enemy that sets well for me, but attacking can also be fun too. I used to do more attacking before they changed the capture mechanic. I am in the minority group of players I guess as far as that goes,I hated to see that changed but oh well ..still the best game out there by far. Never thought I'd be playing this damn thing in the year 2013 lol been a long time!

Some of the very best times on a game I've ever had were in this game, and there's still GREAT times ahead to be had here IMO!

!S

This discussion has been closed.