Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

300$ for 2 characters?

DAHBOODAHBOO Member UncommonPosts: 137

I purchased the game and paid every month since and now if i go down to prefered i can only keep 2 of my characters active.

WTF?

Comments

• Tbia88Tbia88 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    No Justice to the loyal fans. Nail in coffin for me it was.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by DAHBOO
    I purchased the game and paid every month since and now if i go down to prefered i can only keep 2 of my characters active.WTF?

There's already a thread for this.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405

Yeah I do agree that is a bit jacked up, those who purchased a full box copy and paid for several months of gameplay should get some benefit for it.

on the other hand they need to make f2p good enough to get people to play, but crapy enough to make them want to pay for it.  This seems like a decent way to do just that.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

I purchased the game and paid every month since and now if i go down to prefered i can only keep 2 of my characters active.

WTF?

Wait until you log in and notice you have only two quickslot bars available, making the game totally unplayable at 50.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    It's best that gamers and the gaming media finally bury this game into the trash heap of history.
  • thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

WTF?

Wait until you log in and notice you have only two quickslot bars available, making the game totally unplayable at 50.

Boohoo spend the £2 it costs to get them back account wide or buy them for credits from someone.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by thamighty213

WTF?

Boohoo spend the £2 it costs to get them back account wide or buy them for credits from someone.

EA and Bioware won then - they forced you to spend money for stuff that should be part of the standard game's UI. You supported a new level of greed in F2P games. After inventory slots, or skills, they now also sell you parts of the UI.

/golfclap.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    At least all the classes are open.  Several games that went F2P locked out classes that people bought the box, or an expansion for.
  • RuinalRuinal Member Posts: 195

WTF?

EA and Bioware won then - they forced you to spend money for stuff that should be part of the standard game's UI. You supported a new level of greed in F2P games. After inventory slots, or skills, they now also sell you parts of the UI.

/golfclap.

Absolutely, I may have been tempted to play a storyline through, but seriously f*ck them greedy grasping b*&tards.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's not worth a sub fee.

Why pay a sub for a "mmo" that plays like a cooprpg.
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by mnwild1998
    Originally posted by Ruinal

WTF?

/golfclap.

Absolutely, I may have been tempted to play a storyline through, but seriously f*ck them greedy grasping b*&tards.

How about f%$# the whining, cheap ba$!ar$# that would have bi!$#ed no matter what they would have done. How is it more greed? They didnt jack up the sub price thats still the same. Back off the mcDs for a day or two boom there is your $14.99. The insane idea that people are entitled to stuff is amazing. You are not entitled to have everything for free my god people

it's not FOR FREE, my god you man....

He payed for the account, he already payed for every month and now if he decides to go down the road of f2p he gets into the same trash can as every other F2P who DID NOT pay a single coin to create his account in the first place... So he would be paying for something he already payed. Go figgure, eh?

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351
    I usually defend freemium style systems because i know all "Free to play" in this day and age means is extended demo sort of. However.. Even i cant defend a game that freakin sales bonus quick slots in a cash shop? Really? We get a couple ability bars that just barely cover skills at 50. Im hoping i just couldnt find another setting and im mistaking. Them charging for bonus ability bars for user interface would be enough to make me uninstal.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

You must be kinda crazy to still play or support this game.
    I fell for it at launch and quited a few weeks after and lost close to 180 euro on this abomimination.

EA / Bioware both failed gamers in any sense of the word.
    Like someone already said burrie this game and never look back.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

WTF?

Same shit happens with the other money-hungrey publisher ($O€). Shame how some publishers go around with their loyal players... Thanks for the warning. No more SW:TOR for me now (like I don't play EQ2 anymore either)

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    But that tatttooed guy said that their fans loves them

Let's internet

• kharlankharlan Member UncommonPosts: 19

i just returned to see what F2p was about and have over 10 chars on diff servers

you get to keep already created chars and can play them all

the 2 char limit on free and prefered does is stop you making more characters

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    EA/BW don't care what you've done for them in the past.  They only care about what you will pay going forward.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

WTF?

To be honest you now have 100% more access to the game with out paying a subscription then before. And if you buy a subscription you can play just like you did before.

So... You fail.

This have been a good conversation

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by kharlan

i just returned to see what F2p was about and have over 10 chars on diff servers

the 2 char limit on free and prefered does is stop you making more characters

For NOW.  They've already stated they will address this in the future.  Don't expect to keep more than 2 characters per server forever.  Take advantage of it now by leveling the characters you would choose to lock when they force you to actually pick 2.

• koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171
    People who care about players left Bioware, rest of them are only drons that do as the master said.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

WTF?

As much as I think the quickbar thing is punatively handled, I disagree that you *need* more at 50, much less before.  I have 3 50's, all of which have done Ops and HM's, and I still only use 3 bars, 1 of which is just for convenience things (class buff, sprint, speeder, quick travel and fleet travel).  I could easily get by with just the two skill bars.

Also, to address the OP's question...  If you have more than two characters, you can keep them all active as preferred status.  What you wouldn't be able to do is create anymore characters unless you either resub or delete existing characters down to less than 2.  You're basically grandfathered in with your existing characters.

You make me like charity

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

WTF?

well, yesterdayi  had like... one! :P

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

Originally posted by thamighty213 Originally posted by The_Korrigan Originally posted by DAHBOO I purchased the game and paid every month since and now if i go down to prefered i can only keep 2 of my characters active. WTF?

/golfclap.

ur a player playing an mmo. u never win. house always wins
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    They're milking people for all they can before they close it down for good.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by kharlan

Until they find the solution to revoke them (they said it earlier)

Edit: Frodo was faster, /hats off

Originally posted by ForumPvP
    But that tatttooed guy said that their fans loves them

Voted for Best comment of the week :)