Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So if we bought the game we get nothing?

Comments

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Listen, I don't care what you do with your trooper... but I know two undeniable facts, and if you pretend otherwise, then yes, you ARE telling lies:

1) A Jedi Shadow, tank (kinetic comnbat) specced, can NOT play with only two shortcut bars at 50.

2) A Sith Marauder (DPS obviouly, Annihilation specced) can NOT play with only two shortcut bars at 50 either.

Well, you can of course. You can do anything, if you accept being a totaly gimp only using approx. half of your character's abilities. Hell I'm sure I could even do 50 quests with only two keys if I tried hard enough, as long as it doesn't involved killing more that one mob at a time, and using more time for a single quest than a normal 50 character would take for 10 quests.

And i don't care for what class you play but i know trooper class because that is lmy main i stuck with.

So once again not lying and you can call me gimp as much as you like if it makes you feel better about yourself. What i said about my class is true and anyone can check it for themselves. Facts my ass.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

Listen, I don't care what you do with your trooper... but I know two undeniable facts, and if you pretend otherwise, then yes, you ARE telling lies:

1) A Jedi Shadow, tank (kinetic comnbat) specced, can NOT play with only two shortcut bars at 50.

2) A Sith Marauder (DPS obviouly, Annihilation specced) can NOT play with only two shortcut bars at 50 either.

Well, you can of course. You can do anything, if you accept being a totaly gimp only using approx. half of your character's abilities. Hell I'm sure I could even do 50 quests with only two keys if I tried hard enough, as long as it doesn't involved killing more that one mob at a time, and using more time for a single quest than a normal 50 character would take for 10 quests.

And i don't care for what class you play but i know trooper class because that is lmy main i stuck with.

So once again not lying and you can call me gimp as much as you like if it makes you feel better about yourself. What i said about my class is true and anyone can check it for themselves. Facts my ass.

Please answer Teknobug then, since he's playing a bounty hunter, which is the exact mirror class of the trooper (same abilities, just different names). I'm sure he's also interested in your smarter than us way to play a class at 100% efficiency with only 2 bars when he needs at least 3 (if not 4). We are holding our breath.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

Please answer Teknobug then, since he's player bounty hunter, which is the exact mirror class of the trooper. I'm sure he's also interested in your smart than all way to play a class at 100% efficiency with only 2 bars when he needs at least 3.

You are assuming that all the skills he showed are important. He still has two empty space on his two bars and even if he leaves it the way it is, he wont even need the rest.

No need to hold your breath.

Please answer Teknobug then, since he's player bounty hunter, which is the exact mirror class of the trooper. I'm sure he's also interested in your smart than all way to play a class at 100% efficiency with only 2 bars when he needs at least 3.

You are assuming that all the skills he showed are important. He still has two empty space on his two bars and even if he leaves it the way it is, he wont even need the rest.

No need to hold your breathe.

So you pretend, but according to your previous posts and my own experience (along with the troopers in my SW:TOR guild), sorry, but I do NOT believe you.

You are playing your trooper under it's real capacity with only two bars. So be it, nothing wrong with that, if that's your kind of fun. But it also makes your expertise about the trooper class and this game generally highly doubtious too. People who played this game up to dungeon and operation level just can't take anything you said even remotely seriously.

Teknobug makes sense, he sounds like someone who really played the game fully. You don't. You just sound like someone who never passed the newbie zones and pretend being some kind of expert.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

No need to hold your breathe.

So you pretend, but according to your previous posts and my own experience (along with the troopers in my SW:TOR guild), sorry, but I do NOT believe you.

You are playing your trooped under it's real capacity with only two bars. So be it, nothing wrong with that, if that's your kind of fun. But it also makes your expertise about the trooper class and this game generally highly doubtious too. People who played this game up to dungeon and operation level just can't take anything you said even remotely seriously.

And where are all these experts are they reading right now and not taking me seriously? because i don't see anyone else here trying to prove anything other than you.

I am sorry if i played my trooper efficently for all this time using just two top bars in PVP and PVE. There i apologised for doign more with less.

I seriously don't care if you believe me or not.  

[mod edit]

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Whitebeards Originally posted by The_Korrigan Please answer Teknobug then, since he's player bounty hunter, which is the exact mirror class of the trooper. I'm sure he's also interested in your smart than all way to play a class at 100% efficiency with only 2 bars when he needs at least 3.

You are assuming that all the skills he showed are important. He still has two empty space on his two bars and even if he leaves it the way it is, he wont even need the rest. No need to hold your breathe.

You are playing your trooped under it's real capacity with only two bars. So be it, nothing wrong with that, if that's your kind of fun. But it also makes your expertise about the trooper class and this game generally highly doubtious too. People who played this game up to dungeon and operation level just can't take anything you said even remotely seriously.

Out of curiosity, what are you going to be doing at level 50 on a free account? You are pretty much limited to the story content. What is the point of 100% utility on a character that won't do anything with it?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

And my operative?

Originally posted by TeknoBug
    imageAnd my operative?

Same question. What is the point of having 100% of the character's utility on a free account when the content is limited to the story content?

Originally posted by lizardbones

Same question. What is the point of having 100% of the character's utility on a free account when the content is limited to the story content?

But at an ex-subcriber, you are NOT limited to story content. Maybe you will want to inform yourself before you post nonsense if you want to retain any credibility.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by wordiz
    I'm trying to understand something here. If the game is so horrible, why are you going to play it again?

You win!

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Yea I got a misleading email that said because I was a sub I earned cartel coins, when i checked my account it said i had to sub once again to use those coins!

Originally posted by lizardbones Same question. What is the point of having 100% of the character's utility on a free account when the content is limited to the story content?
    But at an ex-subcriber, you are NOT limited to story content. Maybe you will want to inform yourself before you post nonsense if you want to retain any credibility.

Preferred status players cannot do operations without buying a pass same as the free status players.

5 Warzones, and 3 flashpoints are the limit for both preferred status and free players.

The people who actually care about having 100% utility are going to purchase the content that allows them to use that utility or they're going to subscribe.

So again, given the limited content available, what is the point is 100% utility on a character?

• mikecacklemikecackle Member Posts: 151

They pulled this same retail to F2P launch with Need for Speed Online, imo ripping off their "loyal fanbase".

Charged $19.99 for the game, then a month later it was F2P...

Believe they knew it was going this route all along.. I think we seen threads about this back in the days of launch that this game was going F2P and mysteriously were deleted and removed from this site from speculative fans who started notice clothing content being removed from the game for no real reason..

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Yah I feel jipped buying two collectors....
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by Betaguy

You get 100 coins for past loyalty lol 

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by sancher36

yay! What are those? I block all emails from them guys. At the end of the day it sounds lame...Coins...lol.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by sancher36

yay! What are those? I block all emails from them guys. At the end of the day it sounds lame...Coins...lol.

Those coins will get you almost nothing thats worth buying 

As I have an authenticator on my account as far as I know I can still buy fleet passes for game currency instead of the cartel store so the 100 coins I'll never use and other low stuff can be purchased with game currency. 

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,350
    Buying the game months ago means that you got to play the game months ago.  You got what you paid for.  Whether it was smart to pay for it is a different question entirely.
  • DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

I have a 50 Sith Marauder and a 50 Jedi Shadow, none of them are playable at 50 with only two shortcut bars. The amount of usefull skills goes way beyond the slots of the two bars given to old customers.

If you pretend you can play at 50 with only two bars, you either lie because you're on an agenda to defend what cannot be defended, or you always play way under the real capacity of your characters.

Sigh there we go again. What is your obsession with this word 'agenda'.

I never used more than two bars for skills on my trooper. That is not a lie but anyone can just log in if they have ful account and check their trooper and see it for themselves.

Last thing i would do is defend SWTOR but what i said about trooper class is 100 true.

Then you don't play your trooper to 100% efficiency. No matter how you put it, what I say is true. You use like 60% of the classe's total skills.

Can you do stupid dailies with only two quickslot bars? Yeah, you can definitely faceroll the keyboard and do those too, even though the fun of that may be disputable. But for Dungeons, or PvP, or any harder content, you're a total gimp.

Umm... i think i can not repeat myself enough when i say all 'important' skills cover two first bar. There are lot of skills that i have never touched and when it comes to PVP trooper has around 5 to 6 skills depending upon the build you are using that are most important. 

For dailies too i have never used more than 6 or 7 skills. 

I think you are just looking to pick  a fight here calling me gimp and all. I never said i faceroll keyboard that is your language not mine. There are lot of useless skills on troopers which can be ignored.

But apparantely anyone who disgarees with you is either a lier or has an agenda.

Mind telling what is you AC because with my Gunnery Tropper I do need more than 2 bars.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Originally posted by Deewe

I have a 50 Sith Marauder and a 50 Jedi Shadow, none of them are playable at 50 with only two shortcut bars. The amount of usefull skills goes way beyond the slots of the two bars given to old customers.

If you pretend you can play at 50 with only two bars, you either lie because you're on an agenda to defend what cannot be defended, or you always play way under the real capacity of your characters.

Sigh there we go again. What is your obsession with this word 'agenda'.

I never used more than two bars for skills on my trooper. That is not a lie but anyone can just log in if they have ful account and check their trooper and see it for themselves.

Last thing i would do is defend SWTOR but what i said about trooper class is 100 true.

Then you don't play your trooper to 100% efficiency. No matter how you put it, what I say is true. You use like 60% of the classe's total skills.

Can you do stupid dailies with only two quickslot bars? Yeah, you can definitely faceroll the keyboard and do those too, even though the fun of that may be disputable. But for Dungeons, or PvP, or any harder content, you're a total gimp.

Umm... i think i can not repeat myself enough when i say all 'important' skills cover two first bar. There are lot of skills that i have never touched and when it comes to PVP trooper has around 5 to 6 skills depending upon the build you are using that are most important. 

For dailies too i have never used more than 6 or 7 skills. 

I think you are just looking to pick  a fight here calling me gimp and all. I never said i faceroll keyboard that is your language not mine. There are lot of useless skills on troopers which can be ignored.

But apparantely anyone who disgarees with you is either a lier or has an agenda.

Mind telling what is you AC because with my Gunnery Tropper I do need more than 2 bars.

Let me try this.

What Whitebeards is trying to say is that yes you CAN use 3 to 5 hotbars for all of your abilities but you don't HAVE to use that many abilities because some if not most of them are the same thing with varying damage and whatnot. So he chooses to streamline and only use the best abilities available for whatever situation he finds himself in. He does not waste time with actions that are lesser than other actions. I agree with that.

That said I also agree that limiting hotbars is assinine and a smack in the face to free players.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• stefanakisgrstefanakisgr Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Originally posted by monstermmo

I spent $90 on the game including the authenticator. =p I dont feel owed anything. I had already regretted spending the money on it in the first place. Not because the game is bad tho, i really liked the game but the CE bonuses were really quite lame and thats a lot of freakin money for me. haha

I look forward to playing the game again under the F2P model. I didnt wanna pay monthly for it. I did play WoW for six years so im just pretty tired of those games. But i do love Star Wars and the game was pretty cool so ill definitely play some more now.

Well , a respected opinion , I get it , you guys like the game and dont want to see it ruined .  But it is not us , not the players . The devs ruined it .  I love star wars too and wanted this to succeed . I was waiting to check it out with f2p , and decide if I wanted to resub , but I couldnt even get my action bars working . This is the worst f2p I have ever seen . PAY for UI ? This is outrageous . I deleted the game and will never look back . 

• fulham3fulham3 Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by TeknoBug

And my operative?

Just as a matter of interest, what role are you trying to cover? Your quickbars are all over the place. I can't tell if you are a melee dps, healer, or off-healer.

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Ask not what EA can do for you, but what you can do for EA!!!!

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by fulham3
    Originally posted by TeknoBug image And my operative?
    Just as a matter of interest, what role are you trying to cover? Your quickbars are all over the place. I can't tell if you are a melee dps, healer, or off-healer.

That's a healer operative, the only way to play an operative after the nerfs. I'm left handed so I put the keypad to its best use as well as the 6 buttons above the arrow keys. That layout I use is identical in every MMO game I play with multiple rows like that (Aion, WoW, etc) and I place stun, interrupt, heal in the same locations.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

You get the satisfaction of knowing you contributed to John Riccitiello's purchase of a fifth Rolls Royce. Isn't that enough?