Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: New Game Play Video Features 666th Devil Dogs

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment and the PlanetSide 2 dev team asked for volunteers to log into the game to allow the action to be captured for a new game play video. The 666th Devil Dogs got the nod and are the stars of a new video released today. Check it out for real player action!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PlamgarPlamgar Member Posts: 17
    WE ARE THE CONGLOMERATE !
  • SequenceLostSequenceLost Member UncommonPosts: 202

Oh look another planetside 2 video featuring the New Conglomerate...Heaven forbid they actually focus on any of the other factions in their media for once!

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Well, these videos are about outfits, if 666th Devil Dogs was TR or Vanu, then the video would have been about those factions, if you have you're own outfit and would like a chance for your outfit, and faction, to be featured, then send a video of your outfit in action to [email protected]. (check 2 min. mark in the video)

• RagemoreRagemore Member Posts: 51
    Nice song choice, can't wait to get in and play this game.

Rage - Head Honcho of the Revilers
    "Ragemore and Whine Less"

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    The 666th's outfit leader is the spammiest bugger I've ever encountered in the history of the internet. There isn't any topic he isn't injecting weirdly incoherent ideas into or any SoE developer twitter account that he isn't 5 of the last 20 messages in. He's not helping the game or the NC.
  • eyeqdkeyeqdk Member UncommonPosts: 37

well, They ask for GOOD players of PS, all i see is tank zerg, and foot zerg 80% of the time. 

so the game comes down to Zerg, when talking about GOOD. 

Alså, even the SOE  super computers can't show the game at it best, and all the foot zerg is humpig around, with no smoth animation fo running.  and they look like they are jumping and laging. 

or is it just me?

If you want to se what PS2 is all about, and dont want to se another NC, then take a look at his. THis is no a SOE video, but some one from outfit. looks abit better then showing humping zerg 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atT736FbV4U

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Well zerg !  really ?  I think that is the point of this game is to have massive 50 on 50 fights, how boring would it be to go take a base over with 3 people.

I do hate how many tanks and stuff are in the game, I am hoping once out of beta these will not be so easy to aquire, sort of ruins the fun of the soldier game if theres 200000 tanks in front of you.

• AalamrAalamr Member UncommonPosts: 98

SOE is beyond bias. I play TR in The Enclave outfit and we constantly steamroll the devil dogs. They are so bad. They don't deserve to be featured in something like this. As a zerg their organization sucks.

Oh well... I just hope SOE doesn't end up ignoring TR and VS down the road.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Originally posted by eyeqdk

well, They ask for GOOD players of PS, all i see is tank zerg, and foot zerg 80% of the time. 

so the game comes down to Zerg, when talking about GOOD. 

Alså, even the SOE  super computers can't show the game at it best, and all the foot zerg is humpig around, with no smoth animation fo running.  and they look like they are jumping and laging. 

or is it just me?

If you want to se what PS2 is all about, and dont want to se another NC, then take a look at his. THis is no a SOE video, but some one from outfit. looks abit better then showing humping zerg 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atT736FbV4U

Very nice vid, your right much nicer than the featured one, althou music is a bit much, but much better visually.

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262
    Originally posted by parrotpholk
    zerg vs zerg.  I cannot imagine this game will have any longevity to it.  Massive battles are well and good but in the end 3 or 4 large alliances will control everything. 

I'm not a big fan of PS2 (loved PS1) but have you even played either game or are you just making baseless assumptions without any knowledge?  Because it honestly sounds like the latter.

• AalamrAalamr Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Just because there are 100+ people doesn't mean its a mindless zerg. When I play with my outfit we have around 100ish people. We have channles in vent for each squad and the outfit leader has the ability to give commands to people in all channles. If you get a mature group of people who listen, large scale organized combat is a blast.
  • DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Originally posted by Aalamr

SOE is beyond bias. I play TR in The Enclave outfit and we constantly steamroll the devil dogs. They are so bad. They don't deserve to be featured in something like this. As a zerg their organization sucks.

Oh well... I just hope SOE doesn't end up ignoring TR and VS down the road.

Your outfit sends 200 people at obscure facilities, replaces the oxygen for six miles with bullets, and then gets plowed over like overgrown grass not two minutes after.

• AselliaAsellia Member UncommonPosts: 174

I don't know who Aalamr is, but I found that mildly amusing. I am respectful, I've enjoyed fighting Enclave all the same; but we are FAR from a Zerg organization. From what I was told (I wasn't around at the time), we had about five minutes to put this video together and 'do something' before the amerish (I believe) continent went live, as a result, it wasn't quite so organized.

However, I personally run with the Devil Dogs; we aren't zerg, that's Enclave's thing. We've had twenty-four people fighting off endless Enclave Zerg rushes for a good hour, or two, when they had six times the amount. (Granted, I don't think it was JUST Enclave, but it was a hell of a force!). The video, in my opinion, was good, but a bit of a misrepresentation of us. Zerging is not our strategy in the slightest, and I do say that from personal experience. Running with these guys is a ton of fun. I don't have fun winning by overwhelming numbers.

As a note, however: As Aalamr did say, 100+ people doesn't mean zerg; we have the same thing. We have many, many channels, all in constant communication wit heach other between squads, and platoons, as well as divisions. I am not trying to claim we don't have a lot of people running at once, sometimes, but calling us a Zerg Outfit (Especially from Enclave, LOL!), is absolutely rediculous. I just wanted to address this.

Edit: As clarification, it obviously wasn't five minutes exactly; but I was told we were rushed considerably, I mean, even our own outfit said it made us look like Zerg, which we aren't.

• eyeqdkeyeqdk Member UncommonPosts: 37

When SOE want to make a video to show real game play, they end up showing some zerging. 

I dont mind what Outfit the used (big or smal or the name of it or the side.. so we dont need to sith here at tell if the outfit used in the video is good or bad) 

But showing 50+ inf "running" over a hil, or 50 tanks holding in line so they cant get pass a point is a ZERG play. 

If SOE wants there game to be talked to as ZERG game, then they done great job with the video

• InterestingInteresting Member UncommonPosts: 972

1. Obvious Anti christian snippet by SOE with this. Thought people wouldnt notice or care. Wrong. It cant fool me.

2. Who came up with "zerg play" term in a pejorative way? People, the MAIN GOOD POINT of Planetside was the "zerg play". Now we get people creating a pejorative label to attack what is the main positive aspect of the whole game.