Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ridiculous New Ascended Gear (pictures)

Comments

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

its like that already exist

• Zarak11Zarak11 Member UncommonPosts: 36

Ascended its items between Exotic and Legendary .

If u read this https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/A-message-from-our-Studio-Design-Director-Chris-Whiteside

and this https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

u will see the real ascended gear (ring).

So link ur OP ring to us , if u can find it in game.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by saurus123

its like that already exist

lol

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    I'm not following why this is an issue.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

lol, i HIIIIIIGHLY doubt these will ever be optaineble in-game with those stats :)

Stop worrying so much

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

I keep saying this again and again to the PVE carebears. The major knock on the game by industry not even by us alone. Is the game is great but it needs some kind of progression. Now this is pro's magazines tv shows people's opinions who trump our own. Then you throw our opinions in which echo the industry pro's. Two weeks ago the forums was filled with oh my god this is it no end game grind a skin for months wtf? We were burried in that day after day after day. Guess what like any other good company out there realizing a flaw in the plan. They adjusted if they didnt they wouldn't retain players. 

No players online playing means no one online to cash shop or buy anything. And that means no money outside the game sale which most people have by now. The amount of the population crying about having to get off they're ass in Lion's Arche is minimal to the amount of people exiting because they had nothing to do. And it silences bad press that makes them lose commercial dollars. I am a pretty avid you tuber and in plenty inner circle. I have not seen one bad press article about the upcoming change. In fact I have seen atleast 3 articles happy with it (Cha Ching) Anet. And on you tube all the usuals like me who make videos are all not opposed to it.

So I close the statement with get over it it's gonna happen and get into the dungeon stop crying. 

• ChrisReitzChrisReitz Member Posts: 115
    Originally posted by taus01
    Originally posted by Raekon
    I don't know where you picked this screenie from but it screams photoshop to me.

And since you probably wont beleive me here are some chat links you can use IN THE GAME to see these items for yourself.

just paste it in chat and click on it:

[&Ag-gkAAA]

[&AgEJkQAwDZWd0+4GAADzMS7fZRcAAA==]

[&Agj-kAAA]

[&AgHwKAAA]

I guess the fanbois will still defend this, but it is quite obvious where the game is headed now.

Nice joke cant wait to see the real stuff...

• ChrisReitzChrisReitz Member Posts: 115
    Originally posted by Silentstorm

I keep saying this again and again to the PVE carebears. The major knock on the game by industry not even by us alone. Is the game is great but it needs some kind of progression. Now this is pro's magazines tv shows people's opinions who trump our own. Then you throw our opinions in which echo the industry pro's. Two weeks ago the forums was filled with oh my god this is it no end game grind a skin for months wtf? We were burried in that day after day after day. Guess what like any other good company out there realizing a flaw in the plan. They adjusted if they didnt they wouldn't retain players. 

No players online playing means no one online to cash shop or buy anything. And that means no money outside the game sale which most people have by now. The amount of the population crying about having to get off they're ass in Lion's Arche is minimal to the amount of people exiting because they had nothing to do. And it silences bad press that makes them lose commercial dollars. I am a pretty avid you tuber and in plenty inner circle. I have not seen one bad press article about the upcoming change. In fact I have seen atleast 3 articles happy with it (Cha Ching) Anet. And on you tube all the usuals like me who make videos are all not opposed to it.

So I close the statement with get over it it's gonna happen and get into the dungeon stop crying. 

Just about every server is full and you say no players online you made me laugh alittle bit thank you for making my day...

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

I have never seen so many fans in denial before. I mean it is ok if you love the game. I enjoy it playing it too but i am not an ostrich. What is sad is that players are accusing OP for photoshop, even when he posted links repeatedly and still denying it as a 'joke or 'fake'.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

I'm not seeing a problem.

The dungeon will offer many hours of replay value and give gear that is only a slight upgrade over existing items. 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Jeauseoff
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    What is the name of the item?

Troll's Adobe Ring of Photoshop

XD

Unfortunately you seem to be unable to click simple links or confirm in game yourself. Nice try my friend. This is real.

Real my left buttcheek. You didn't even get the colors right.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

If this type of itmes are actually in the game and infusions also add traditional stats instead of only agony related stats, will it be a problem or is nothing to worry about?

How many hours required to achieve max stats is considered acceptable grind or over the top grind?

I remember and used a lot of "optional grind for astethics only" to justify the atrocious grind required for some sets.

(For me exotics at the moment are an acceptable grind. Some of the exotics sets are only acceptable because they give no higher max stats, just like legendaries).

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Z3R01

I'm not seeing a problem.

The dungeon will offer many hours of replay value and give gear that is only a slight upgrade over existing items. 

The problems are

1) Its not slightly better. With the information we know now its ~20% better. If they add in higher tiers of Agony upgrades with more stat buffs then it will get worse

2) The only way to obtain the itesm ATM, and potentially for awhile, is through the dungeon. Players who care about WvW and having max stats for other reasons, are being funneled into the new content, something ANET said they also wouldn't do

3) There is nothing stopping ANET from adding in MORE teirs of armor in the future. They said, in an interview, that they wouldn't commit to stopping. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

The Facts about the Grind:

Do you realize how LONG it will take to get each piece of ascended gear? It takes ~2000 fractal tokens to get the stuff required to craft each piece. 1350 for the exo backpiece then 500 for the asc gift.

Guess the rate at which you get fractal tokens. 

5 tokens every room, with every room taking 15-30mins to complete.

PLUS running into an agony-wall gear-check that will force you to spend time looking for someone who can allow you to enter the lower levels again (i.e. a newcomer who hasn’t played the dungeon to death that you have to ‘carry’). We are talking DAYS/WEEKS of grinding for each ascended piece, as opposed to getting exos with the choice of your stats for 1-5g a peice from TP or crafting them (lvl a craft 0-400 in 1-2 hrs, and ur g2g).

That is too bad.

Grinding dungeons for gear upgrades is fun to me, IMO, but not when you don't have clear roles and viable specs ala WoW/RIFT and enough skills/utility to press to offer up variety.

I guess I'll just continue playing TERA and RIFT up to the free trial/f2p cap and then decide between those two or back to WoW. Hopefully FFXIV 2.0 is good...

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Doh, I was hoping for some pics of ridiculous looking new gear.  

Pics of stats, though?  It's just numbers, who the hell cares..

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• JobeArthurJobeArthur Member UncommonPosts: 41

Don't forget OP the Infusions also have stats on them oustside of agony resistance..

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Ah well, it was a good game for me for 3 months. Honestly though, that stuff will utterly ruin WvW for me. I finally got into exotics only to find they will be releasing ascended gear and have it in WvW as well. It wouldn't be a big deal, but some of the stat increases are really huge and will eventually put me at a big disadvantage since I won't be grinding tokens or dungeons like others. And they added PvP dailies, which screams "grind me forever".

Ultimately I got into this game since it was the first MMO where I could be competitive in massive PvP without selling my soul to the game. Well, like I said, 3 months of fun, skill and tactics. Now I'd just get steamrolled by the ascended gearhounds simply because of time.

Too bad for me. I liked the game, but ultimately it no longer fits my playstyle and I am forced to leave.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by NaughtyP

Ah well, it was a good game for me for 3 months. Honestly though, that stuff will utterly ruin WvW for me. I finally got into exotics only to find they will be releasing ascended gear and have it in WvW as well. It wouldn't be a big deal, but some of the stat increases are really huge and will eventually put me at a big disadvantage since I won't be grinding tokens or dungeons like others. And they added PvP dailies, which screams "grind me forever".

Ultimately I got into this game since it was the first MMO where I could be competitive in massive PvP without selling my soul to the game. Well, like I said, 3 months of fun, skill and tactics. Now I'd just get steamrolled by the ascended gearhounds simply because of time.

Too bad for me. I liked the game, but ultimately it no longer fits my playstyle and I am forced to leave.

PS2?

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

The item in question seems to have been datamined from the patch, but it's totally unrepresenttive of the power level of the other Ascended gear that has been datamined. We don't know if this is even an item that will ever be available to players. Even if it is, it could be something you'd need to work a year to obtain, which gives us a year to work on Arenanet to get them to scale way back on the highest degree of gear inflation.

We need a lot more facts. We need to evaluate the current, tepid steps in the gear inflation plan in context of the actual game before we can make an honest evaluation of the Ascended Gear design. then we can start to dialogue with Arenanet on finding a way to limit future gear inflation to levels that the community can find acceptable.

This could have been really bad if they had just suddenly dropped Ascended Gear for all gear slots all at once. As is, it's rings and back armor. It's a first, tiny step down a new path and both sides will have plenty of time to explain, discuss and argue about the new system and effect changes to ensure that this new inflation is mild and measured.

Nothing is set in stone and there will be plenty of opportunity for calm, reasoned debate once the system is live and Arenanet feels more open to dialogue on the issue.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236

Can't believe people think there's a gear treadmill anywhere close to something like WoW. 

You want to do Tier 2 content?  Gonna need Tier 1 my friend.

Want to do Tier 3?  Oh, sorry, Tier 2 required.

ETC.

GW2?  Did most explorer mode dugeons with a mix of 80% rare and 20% master work.  100% map completion with same gear.    

Ascension will work a bit different as it does have that special stat to help with the new type of enemy, but by the sounds of it, it'll be something even PUGs should be able to get easily.

What a buncha whiners.  I just finished my first exotic armor and am working towards my weapons now and have had absolutely no trouble playing and enjoying every facet of the game.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

@ the OP, lol the ring you showed us is like the crappiest ring you would want, too many stats that are useless since your build won't ever be optimal if you try to focus on so many stats at the same time. Nothing OP about it whatsoever

To the people who think Ascended gear is a huge upgrade, come play against me in PvP if you think that your Ascended gear will make you SO MUCH POWERFUL. I'll prove you wrong anytime.

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by rykim86

Can't believe people think there's a gear treadmill anywhere close to something like WoW. 

ETC.

GW2?  Did most explorer mode dugeons with a mix of 80% rare and 20% master work.  100% map completion with same gear.    

Ascension will work a bit different as it does have that special stat to help with the new type of enemy, but by the sounds of it, it'll be something even PUGs should be able to get easily.

What a buncha whiners.  I just finished my first exotic armor and am working towards my weapons now and have had absolutely no trouble playing and enjoying every facet of the game.

If you remember WOWs gear treadmill was not nearly as bad in the beginning, but they did have one. Once you make one the only option is the escalate it. What do you thinks going to happen next expansion and  you start seeing 80 to 100 point bonuses, the beginning dungeons will start getting   2 or 3 manned possilby soloed. The sliding scale between pve and pvp skills will change and WVWVW is going to depend more and more on gear and will diminish sPVP.

On top of that the  PVP patch, was a JOKE, they addressed none of the actual problems and actually made some of them worse. The "options" in spec are so bad basically everyone is stacking conditions and crits, there are no fun specs really, healing specs, control specs, you name it, not there. It was supposed to be eveyrones a hybrid, but in fact everyones is dps with some extra skills on the side.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

ETC.

Good for you. The rest of us are granted with pattern recognition and see this is how gear treadmills begin.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

ETC.

Were you in need of a new gear tier because you were bored?

Did you see the Lost Shores update trailler/blog posts and went:

"YAY! More powerful items! Just what I wanted!"

I went:

"Yay content! Awesome art! Interesting dungeon! Boo stats increase, boooring!"

I've yet to see someone actually excited about the items or more excited about the items than the new content.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by SirFubar

@ the OP, lol the ring you showed us is like the crappiest ring you would want, too many stats that are useless since your build won't ever be optimal if you try to focus on so many stats at the same time. Nothing OP about it whatsoever

To the people who think Ascended gear is a huge upgrade, come play against me in PvP if you think that your Ascended gear will make you SO MUCH POWERFUL. I'll prove you wrong anytime.

You know full well that there is a different stat version to that ring for every spec in the game. Just like every other piece of gear in the game. Eventually everyone will optimize or just buy the pieces they want on AH, or craft it with dungeon mats. Of course you know that. @ you wouldn't be able to beat  most good pvpers 2 out of 3 times without Ascended gear much less if they had it.