Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So if we bought the game we get nothing?

Comments

• XV999XV999 Member Posts: 36
    You get 100 points a month if you have a security key. Thats the way I saw it a GRANT they call it. I was looking forward to trying swtor but you need something like 350pts just to hide your shit ugly helmet. This game need to die once and for all.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    Originally posted by wordiz
    I'm trying to understand something here. If the game is so horrible, why are you going to play it again?

lol I know right?

You would think people's time was too precious to be wasted playin something they dont like, even if is 'free' money wise.

Indeed.

"he@@, I don't like this game, it's crap I rage uninstalled it and I definately never, EVER gonn aplay this game again in my life"

'Yet, I am gonna open up rage threads on the forums.'

kinda like this.

If you don't like it, leave it, there's enough other games to play.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by uncleFester
    Is this correct? I bought the retail game at launch and even paid for another month before giving up. Shouldn't people like myself receive a little something to acknowledge that we paid money to EA? I paid them 75$, and that is 75 more than most people will pay for this very mediocre game. Normally I don't care if a game I played goes F2P, (Lotro, for example,  I had just gotten tired of playing long before it went F2P), but SWTOR was a completely unfinished product and a joke of a game when it was released, I feel entitled to some compensation. We all the only reason the game is F2P is because it was and is terrible...

if you buy the game now and put cd key .you will get 30 days subs and 500 monthly stipend of cartel points which is also valid for 30 days of course with your monthly fees 

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    I'm not going to play it, I'm going to give my account to someone to play my character.

You do realize that probably violates the EULA/TOS right?

Almost certainly not so in the EU - which ruled on the matter earlier this year - not sure what the current position is in the US. (All part of a wider issue about software licenses, itune downloads etc. etc.)

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Step 1 was to try and get previous purchasers to resub.

And to that end the info very clearly suggested that people had to be subscribers.

I then envisaged, in the earlie thread, that people who didn't woul dget something however and - from what is being posted - it seems they have. 

Going forward I then suggested that freebies will be offered: get a free pack for signing someone up; try the weekend when FG2P players get the same xp as fully fledged subscribers; run missions that result in a twinkly star - that can only be completed if power X is purchased. Get a free pack of cards if you run the daily mission today only.

There will be lots of freebies - but each freebie will reduce the value of cartel coins.....

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Well, Gervaise, to me, the fact that you only get 2 quickslot bars when you were a previous customer broke the deal. I could have lived with having to resubscribe to get the bonus points. But I can NOT live with being BLACKMAILED to resubscribe just to be able to play the game. Playing with 2 quickslot bars is just impossible. This is blackmailing. This is pure greed. And the <censored> at EA can kiss the darkest part of my lilly white, because they will never get another cent from me.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

^ that guy gets it, you basically have to subscribe anyways to get the benefits of a previous subscriber anyways.

When City of Heroes and STO went F2P, I don't remember them telling me "please subscribe so we can give you your preferred status perks".

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Well, Gervaise, to me, the fact that you only get 2 quickslot bars when you were a previous customer broke the deal. I could have lived with having to resubscribe to get the bonus points. But I can NOT live with being BLACKMAILED to resubscribe just to be able to play the game. Playing with 2 quickslot bars is just impossible. This is blackmailing. This is pure greed. And the <censored> at EA can kiss the darkest part of my lilly white, because they will never get another cent from me.

I played for 3 months with one active bar and one bar for stuff I clicked.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones

Well, Gervaise, to me, the fact that you only get 2 quickslot bars when you were a previous customer broke the deal. I could have lived with having to resubscribe to get the bonus points. But I can NOT live with being BLACKMAILED to resubscribe just to be able to play the game. Playing with 2 quickslot bars is just impossible. This is blackmailing. This is pure greed. And the at EA can kiss the darkest part of my lilly white, because they will never get another cent from me.

Unless you only played level 15 or less characters, this is not believable. And at 50, you definitely need 4 shortcut bars for all the skills.

There are people here who played this game for many months, you can't fool us. And pretending you can play this game at 50 with just one or even two shortcut bars is definitely NOT true.

I was looking forward to come back and play a bit, and even spend some cash in the shop if it was worth it. But this quickslot bar thing is definitely meant to FORCE people to subscribe back. I won't play that game, and I won't dance on EA's tune. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

Originally posted by The_Korrigan Well, Gervaise, to me, the fact that you only get 2 quickslot bars when you were a previous customer broke the deal. I could have lived with having to resubscribe to get the bonus points. But I can NOT live with being BLACKMAILED to resubscribe just to be able to play the game. Playing with 2 quickslot bars is just impossible. This is blackmailing. This is pure greed. And the at EA can kiss the darkest part of my lilly white, because they will never get another cent from me.
    Unless you only played level 15 or less characters, this is not believable. And at 50, you definitely need 4 shortcut bars for all the skills.

There's people here who played this game for many months, you can't fool us. And pretending you can play this game at 50 with just one or even two shortcut bars is definitely NOT true.

I played two characters up to level thirty something. One Sith and one Jedi. There was a Trooper in there too, but that was beta.

I did notice there were a lot of skills that overlapped or were pretty useless. Not as bad as Rift mind you, but 12 active skills was enough to do everything.

** edit **
    Active = "Bound to Naga Button"

Originally posted by The_Korrigan Well, Gervaise, to me, the fact that you only get 2 quickslot bars when you were a previous customer broke the deal. I could have lived with having to resubscribe to get the bonus points. But I can NOT live with being BLACKMAILED to resubscribe just to be able to play the game. Playing with 2 quickslot bars is just impossible. This is blackmailing. This is pure greed. And the at EA can kiss the darkest part of my lilly white, because they will never get another cent from me.

There's people here who played this game for many months, you can't fool us. And pretending you can play this game at 50 with just one or even two shortcut bars is definitely NOT true.

I played two characters up to level thirty something. One Sith and one Jedi. There was a Trooper in there too, but that was beta.

I did notice there were a lot of skills that overlapped or were pretty useless. Not as bad as Rift mind you, but 12 active skills was enough to do everything.

** edit **
    Active = "Bound to Naga Button"

Then you obviously lack the right experience to judge. I can tell you that at level 50, four bars are just barely enough for some classes, and anything below makes the game just unplayable unless you enjoy being a gimp only using less than half of its abilities.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    I have a trooper lvl 50 and all the skills that i use in PVE and PVP regularly were on two top bars. And i can still play trooper without any porblem. Infact i just realised how many useless skills i had on my skill bar.

I have 5 level 50's, all of them had all 4 rows filled. 2 rows obviously with abilities, 1 row of buffs, vehicle, fleet pass, and a couple quick abilities (like alternative heal), and last row with mouse binds for shield, force run or similar, things I can react quickly with and consumables and stances (with certain classes).

At 50, you can't play the game with just 2 bars.

I have a 50 Sith Marauder and a 50 Jedi Shadow, none of them are playable at 50 with only two shortcut bars. The amount of usefull skills goes way beyond the slots of the two bars given to old customers.

If you pretend you can play at 50 with only two bars, you either lie because you're on an agenda to defend what cannot be defended, or you always play way under the real capacity of your characters.

I'm not bashing the game - I would even have forgiven them the fact that you have to subscribe to get your points, or that you only get two character slots - but the fact that they made level 50 not able to be played at 100% efficiency at 50, that I can not forgive. Even the most greediest F2P transitions never did such a thing, EA just gave us a new definition for ultimate greed.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

I have a 50 Sith Marauder and a 50 Jedi Shadow, none of them are playable at 50 with only two shortcut bars. The amount of usefull skills goes way beyond the slots of the two bars given to old customers.

If you pretend you can play at 50 with only two bars, you either lie because you're on an agenda to defend what cannot be defended, or you always play way under the real capacity of your characters.

Sigh there we go again. What is your obsession with this word 'agenda'.

I never used more than two bars for skills on my trooper. That is not a lie but anyone can just log in if they have ful account and check their trooper and see it for themselves.

Last thing i would do is defend SWTOR but what i said about trooper class is 100% true.

All the important skills easily cover first two bars.

I have a 50 Sith Marauder and a 50 Jedi Shadow, none of them are playable at 50 with only two shortcut bars. The amount of usefull skills goes way beyond the slots of the two bars given to old customers.If you pretend you can play at 50 with only two bars, you either lie because you're on an agenda to defend what cannot be defended, or you always play way under the real capacity of your characters.I'm not bashing the game - I would even have forgiven them the fact that you have to subscribe to get your points, or that you only get two character slots - but the fact that they made level 50 not able to be played at 100% efficiency at 50, that I can not forgive. Even the most greediest F2P transitions never did such a thing, EA just gave us a new definition for ultimate greed.

Or you enjoy using useless abilities. Or you also have an agenda. Or you lack the ability to play the game using 2 hot bars. The possibilities are endless.

Originally posted by Whitebeards

I never used more than two bars for skills on my trooper. That is not a lie but anyone can just log in if they have ful account and check their trooper and see it for themselves.

Last thing i would do is defend SWTOR but what i said about trooper class is 100 true.

Then you don't play your trooper to 100% efficiency. No matter how you put it, what I say is true. You use like 60% of the classe's total skills.

Can you do stupid dailies with only two quickslot bars? Yeah, you can definitely faceroll the keyboard and do those too, even though the fun of that may be disputable. But for Dungeons, or PvP, or any harder content, you're a total gimp.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

Originally posted by Whitebeards Originally posted by The_Korrigan I have a 50 Sith Marauder and a 50 Jedi Shadow, none of them are playable at 50 with only two shortcut bars. The amount of usefull skills goes way beyond the slots of the two bars given to old customers. If you pretend you can play at 50 with only two bars, you either lie because you're on an agenda to defend what cannot be defended, or you always play way under the real capacity of your characters.
    Sigh there we go again. What is your obsession with this word 'agenda'. I never used more than two bars for skills on my trooper. That is not a lie but anyone can just log in if they have ful account and check their trooper and see it for themselves. Last thing i would do is defend SWTOR but what i said about trooper class is 100 true.
    Then you don't play your trooper to 100% efficiency. No matter how you put it, what I say is true. You use like 60% of the classe's total skills.

Can you do stupid dailies with only two quickslot bars? Yeah, you can definitely faceroll the keyboard and do those too, even though the fun of that may be disputable. But for Dungeons, or PvP, or any harder content, you're a total gimp.

You're assuming that all of the skills are useful. They aren't. Some of them do the same things with different colors. Some of them are just weaker versions of existing skills.

I don't doubt that playing the game with more quick slot bars is more convenient, but it's not impossible. I would expect that anyone who is concerned about 100% efficiency isn't going to balk at spending $5 for that 100% efficiency. For that matter, I'd expect that person would be subscribing, not fretting over how many buttons they can or cannot hit at a time.

Originally posted by Whitebeards

Last thing i would do is defend SWTOR but what i said about trooper class is 100 true.

Umm... i think i can not repeat myself enough when i say all 'important' skills cover two first bar. There are lot of skills that i have never touched and when it comes to PVP trooper has around 5 to 6 skills depending upon the build you are using that are most important. 

For dailies too i have never used more than 6 or 7 skills. 

I think you are just looking to pick  a fight here calling me gimp and all. I never said i faceroll keyboard that is your language not mine. There are lot of useless skills on troopers which can be ignored.

But apparantely anyone who disgarees with you is either a lier or has an agenda.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Is this correct? I bought the retail game at launch and even paid for another month before giving up. Shouldn't people like myself receive a little something to acknowledge that we paid money to EA? I paid them 75$, and that is 75 more than most people will pay for this very mediocre game. Normally I don't care if a game I played goes F2P, (Lotro, for example,  I had just gotten tired of playing long before it went F2P), but SWTOR was a completely unfinished product and a joke of a game when it was released, I feel entitled to some compensation. We all the only reason the game is F2P is because it was and is terrible...

Last night I logged in, realized I couldn't create another character as I already had 2 level 50s and 2 other high level, as a preferred player you can only have 2 characters. Logged out and created a new account and logged back in again with the new account. I then created a character, an IA as I didn't have one of those, and played for about 10mins. I realized why I quit in the first place, cut scenes were irritating and combat boring. I quit again and will wait for PS2 next week. For those that bought the game and subbed previously you get 250 Cartel dollars per month you subbed plus another 300 (I think) for buying the game in the first place. I have no clue of there actual worth as I never went to the cartel store.

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828

I didn't buy the game, I quit during the closed beta, when it was free and un-restricted. The world seemed dead and lifeless, static.

Now I'll download and try it again. I'll probably know in the first few levels if I am interested in actually playing it. If so, I'll sub. If not, not.

I don't expect to play any game for FREE, and get the whole game.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

Listen, I don't care what you do with your trooper... but I know two undeniable facts, and if you pretend otherwise, then yes, you ARE telling lies:

1) A Jedi Shadow, tank (kinetic comnbat) specced, can NOT play with only two shortcut bars at 50.

2) A Sith Marauder (DPS obviouly, Annihilation specced) can NOT play with only two shortcut bars at 50 either.

Well, you can of course. You can do anything, if you accept being a totaly gimp only using approx. half of your character's abilities. Hell I'm sure I could even do 50 quests with only two keys if I tried hard enough, as long as it doesn't involved killing more that one mob at a time, and using more time for a single quest than a normal 50 character would take for 10 quests.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

That's from my pyro merc, ctrl+5 is always interrupt on all my toons but merc/trooper didn't have an interrupt before 1.4 and holo cubes are supposed to be in the Fkeys but they disappear on each login. Point out which abilities are useless in the bottom 2 rows so I can fit all the reactive abilities that are binded to my mouse.

• GnitepracdloGnitepracdlo Member UncommonPosts: 6
    this really blows..you only get the cartel coins for having bought the game and subscribed for 6 months IF you subscribe again right now..what the?
    Originally posted by TeknoBug

That's from my pyro merc, ctrl+5 is always interrupt on all my toons but merc/trooper didn't have an interrupt before 1.4. Point out which abilities are useless in the bottom 2 rows so I can fit all the reactive abilities that are binded to my mouse.

I doubt you'll get a reliable answer to this, sadly. Your abilities obviously don't fit on two bars, no matter how you put it and how much you want to forgive EA for their greed.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !