Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I will bet you guys it release on there second release date Just like the first game

RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
People told me i was wrong then 2 but whatever

Comments

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

This was certainly worth a new topic.

Not.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    shrugs people ignore me anyways
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Raxeon

As I recall DF 1 had launch announcements over about a 4-5 year span before this "2nd launch" that you speak of.

Was more of the 2nd launch date of the 6th iteration or something like that.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    you are wrong, it will not release on the second or third release date they announce.  Maybe the fourth if they are lucky.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Kyleran

As I recall DF 1 had launch announcements over about a 4-5 year span before this "2nd launch" that you speak of.

Darkfall 1 never had a release date until 2008. The initial estimate was Jan 22nd or something, and it got bumped to Feb 15, then launched.

I think. It was a 3 week bump.

But before that, Darkfall was never given a release date by the devs. ETAs, yes, release date, no.

Development was from 2003-2008 (when beta began)

Originally posted by DavisFlight

Darkfall 1 never had a release date until 2008. The initial estimate was Jan 22nd or something, and it got bumped to Feb 15, then launched.

But before that, Darkfall was never given a release date by the devs. ETAs, yes, release date, no.

yepp its releasing ond ec 12 unless something really goes bad on there end

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    Look on the bright side, we get another 3 fridays of awesome dev diaries and role videos. Hi5
    Originally posted by gravesworn
    Look on the bright side, we get another 3 fridays of awesome dev diaries and role videos. Hi5

yea get more info before the start. im wondering if there goign to do a small beta sicne they have time for one now?

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324

yea get more info before the start. im wondering if there goign to do a small beta sicne they have time for one now?

Probably no open beta, I am sure they have an internal beta going on, but I wouldnt expect the likes of us to be able to play until dec 12. It would be nice if we had a way to download the client and get our pc ready.

Probably no open beta, I am sure they have an internal beta going on, but I wouldnt expect the likes of us to be able to play until dec 12. It would be nice if we had a way to download the client and get our pc ready.

yea it is what it is tho

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

They moved it because of Planet Side 2 release date.

You can release an MMO in any state you want.  Bad, incomplete, broken, it doesn't matter ....... release it.  UNLESS, of course ...  it is remotely close to anything that resembles the release date of potential competition. 

Never, ever  release a game on top of another game, it is bad for both games.  I really is that simple ....

On a side note, I can't wait for the blatant slap in the face that is DF Online to many new born scrubs.  That feeling of anger and pain when they realize that their last couple hours of hard work and shinies is no longer theirs.  That inner rage that makes the Pope exclaim out loud ...  "Hell No!  You MFCS ..... I am going to kill you if it is the last thing I do!"

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside ..... even when I'm the one crying.

~Hairysun

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

Let you in on a little secret? 

Dec 12, like Nov. 20th, like every other date, is an ETA.  There's no such thing as an official release date until the game releases. 

Regardless, announcing MULTIPLE eta's FOR RELEASE is no better then pushing back an EXPECTED release date.  See that, EXPECTED.  It's not a release date becuse it hasn't released, it's only EXPECTED to release on whatever date they give.  Which is the exact same thing as an ETA. 

Some of you are trying hard to rewrite the past; you're doing it wrong.