Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rocket goes radio silent until release:

2»

Comments

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    I give him a right about that. We have now worst gaming comunity ever. I think that facebook created worst generation in history  of human kind and it is all about spitting, throwing stones on what ever they can.  It is hard to be game developer this days and best is to F... o. all of this people and to never watch what is on forums, facebook or any kind of so called ''social media'', well better to say anti social. For example i can see what this people are doing to poor Sergey Titov in War Z, he is attacked from all sides.  Games are full of whiners and all the time you can see this morons spitting on general chat, they want this and they want that. It is getting so ugly that some times i really have dreams to see some of this people on the other side of real gun.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

All true and best artists were douche bags. You simply can not do anything good if you are not.

No mater how good you make game (or something) you can not please everyone.

So you have to stick to your idea and vision - and only way to do it is to be douche bag.

• maddhatter44maddhatter44 Member Posts: 78

He is responding to all the other douchebags.

pretty much saying he isnt going to respond the bashers, whiners, fanboys, or overall any critic (good or bad) ... 

and just "try to" make a great game.... without all the BS.

Just think about it, everyone can see the game community is harsh and completely full of  assholes.

people + internet =  fuktards.

Just trying to please all these people could hurt your game.

Keep with your vision. its how all those great games came about.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dogmadude360Dogmadude360 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    This whole thread goes to show that people are too easily hurt over the internet. So one guy said something mean, he's also a dev, big whoop. It was a bit of an asshole move, but he has some points. Take the criticism, but also take the advice. If you feel he's talking to you as a player like a dog or some other way of making you feel insignificant, don't buy the game, walk away and wash your hands of it like an adult. You can also cry on this forum about how bad of a man he is, your call.
  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

He is 100% right of course, but he really shouldn't be coming out with it as it simply will not reflect well. "OMG what a douche!", well perhaps, but that douche is also pretty much spot on.

As for people asking about the context of the piece, is that really necessary?

Take a look on this forum, take a look in this thread. See all the rabid hyperbole from both the pro and anti camps? See all the OTT bickering, straw man arguments and personal attacks? See people calling others sociopaths because they don't like the same game? Or carebear losers for the same reason?

Or maybe take a look at the industry, see where it has come from and see where it is heading, from deep, virtual worlds to "it's over in a month but at least you don't have to pay a sub" games. We are talking about an industry where accessibility is everything, not challenge, not depth, not the virtual world. (I like to add my own hyperbole from time to time, it seems fitting for these boards).

It's all the context you should ever need.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by cinos
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by Thomas2006

Why does it seem like anytime Rocket says anything he makes it feel / sound like he is holier then thou. Like he is the super star developer that can do no wrong?

Truth is that if his publisher says jump he is going to jump just like any other developer with a publisher. No matter how much he makes it sound like he isnt going to release crap, ect ect. He will do whatever the publisher tells him too.

Hate to state the obvious but its because of the mentality of the PK'er slash ganker mindset.  As much as I like the model for DayZ, it's inhabitants leave alot to be desired and as such there is nothing this side of the sun that could ever make a PvP game work.

I couldnt care less what the context of Dean's comments were related too but its not good PR and its very detrimental to the game as a whole to have your developer go off on something like that.  However it isnt the first time, he routinely goes off on random forum posters expressing "certain" concerns that mod had.

I wish DayZ all the best but they wont get my gameing dollars because of this douchebaggery attitude.  Hey Rocket, heres a tip if your making a game for ONLY you, then you have all the rights to do as you please, but any time you bring consumers into the fold, your #1 priority should be the consumers, because they pay your effing bills.

The state of DayZ and its inhabitants?

You and everyone else seem to think that the game is filled with people farming fresh player spawns and running in gank squads all over the place.

The biggest problem just now in the game are hackers but thats because the mod is basically unsupported now while they make it in to an actual game. 

DayZ became a success because of the gameplay it offered, if that scares you or you are offended by it don't play it. 

There is NO way they should even consider adding PvE servers or anything else just because some players demand it. He is making this game the same way he envisioned the mod when he made that, people seem to like it just not you.

Hey I have an idea, can we get Arena Net to make a full loot open pvp server on GW2, that would be fantastic, you know lots of players want it so why should they restrict the game to only PvE, they are so far up there own butt they can't see what real players want!

Yeah that paragraph above is horse shit.

More proof of what that style of gaming brings.

People that enjoy a style of game that you don't?

What a horror!

"Real" players apparently...

Is the air thin up on that high horse Slick? Maybe you should come down before you get light headed.

Real players? I never suggested that people that like permadeath games are real gamers, you started that one all on your own.

I play WoW, GW2, DayZ and have played just about every other MMO around. I don't solely enjoy PvP permadeath games and I don't pretend that my opinion is somehow better than anyone else.

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367
    Originally posted by kaiser3282
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    *snip*

I disagree. He said exactly what he meant. There is simply no alternative way to interpret "Businessmen don't care for your tears after you have paid them money. And nor to do I.", it is a very literal statement. It is not out of context, and has not been edited for effect. It simply is what it is.

Whether he said it out of frustration, or genuinely feels that way is irrelavant. He just told anyone and everyone who might have considered his game that once he has your money, he doesn't care.

That is how you kill a business, not grow one.

Youre taking it out of context and completely leaving out the entire next sentence which I quoted. He was saying basically "I dont care for your tears. Im here to make good games" Not "I only care about getting your money, just like businessmen"

The entire thing can be summed as saying "I am a developer. My job is to make games. Not be a businessman, or politician, or argue with people / worry about people crying". Like I said earlier I think some of it has to do with the whole decision apparently by the Exec. Prod. to create PvE only servers, amongst other things, and catering to the crybabies who think the PvP and the game in general is "too hard".

You are both wrong.  What he is saying is "You idiots gave your money to business men, and now want to complain.  They don't care because they have your money. Don't complain to me about it either.  You shouldn't have given your money to them before you knew enough about the game.  I am not going to change it because you are not getting what you thought when you gave your money prematurely."

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Games are seldom made in a vacuum.  If "x' number of players want to play with permadeath and gank filled servers but '10x' want PvE servers, the publisher needs to listen.  And the developer needs to be open to implemented stuff they may not personally be a fan of.  This guy just can't take the heat and/or has a ginormous ego.

And I suppose every author should write twilight novels because that's what "most people" want.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

need more developers like this.

when you listen to the crowd you get wow with pandas.

• FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227
    Best game in years, period.
    Originally posted by AdamTM

True to form, what a douche.

DayZ is truly his expression of character. I call it an "Asshole Simulator".

Douche? You either suck at the game or never played it. Go back to GW2 or some other random shithead game and leave the adults alone. Learning curve too high? To many glitches? Hackers? It's fucking Alfa, and yea, its difficult at times. THATS WHAT MAKES IT FUN SPOON FED.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

roflmao, true indeed. xD

But seriously yes, in this case the guy has good experience. He's played the games and has the same shirt as us. At least the ones that really know what gaming is. Its good to have that experience when it comes to developing a game, its not just about profit.

Originally posted by Crunchy222

This. Perfect post.

Games are seldom made in a vacuum.  If "x' number of players want to play with permadeath and gank filled servers but '10x' want PvE servers, the publisher needs to listen.  And the developer needs to be open to implemented stuff they may not personally be a fan of.  This guy just can't take the heat and/or has a ginormous ego.

No, no they fucking dont. Buy the game because you enjoy it, or dont. It's that fucking simple. Thats the whole problem, pleasing everyone, you cant.. And when they try, they piss off....EVERYONE.

• TaiphozTaiphoz Member UncommonPosts: 353

I think a lot of gamers need to wake up and grow up, developers are emotional, emotionally driven creative people, that are pushed and shoved in directions they might not want to go by the people holding all the money.

I agree with him 100% FUCK the publishers who try and drvie a development cycle, they need to back the fuck off and let the developers get on with it.

Your all saying hes a douche, YOUR ALL!, he's a developer, its not his job to give a toss what you lot think, hes making the game he wants to play, if its a game others enjoy at the end thats a bonus, this whole thing is in referrence to the guys at the top putting preassure on him to, turn dayz into something it was never meant to be, some free to play item mall garbage, thats not what the over a million players who are playing it now want, its not what he wants.

Your all so fucking hypocritical it makes me sick, you all call for developers to speak their mind and to let you in on the secret behind the doors kinda stuff, and when they do, when they let you know how PISSED they are at whats happeing you jump all over them.

the whole thread or nearly all of it is why some games should NEVER have their own forums and why most developers SHUN communication with their fans.

• KrAv3KrAv3 Member Posts: 18

Dumbest, most idiotic post I have read in a while.  The game developer should make HIS game not what game you want.  Obviously, it works, with 1.3mil players.  The guy is making the game HE WANTS and what do you know, people actually enjoy it, because it is different and not the same.  Stick to WoW, SWTOR, GW2 DayZ does not want nor need you.

• Thoric485Thoric485 Member UncommonPosts: 525

I guess there's only this many "Did you expect DayZ to be as big as it is?" questions a man can answer before he goes overboard.

Anyway, looking forward to the standalone.

"The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
    To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!
    On we sweep with threshing oar, our only goal will be the western shore."
  • wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506

The fact that people think DayZ is hard is the real joke.

DayZ is fun don't get me wrong and maybe hard the first time to play it but after a short learning curve it is just as easy as any other game.

The only real challenge is the hackers that ruin the game.

• OnomicOnomic Member Posts: 196

This guy needs a lesson from big publishers, you dont allow developers to talk with the fans unless they know the code. It will hurt sales one way or another when they speak nonsense.

I couldt care less about his moral compass all i care about is the game, anything else is nonsense