Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-AoC-Beta "You" something about AoC, what would you

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-AoC-Beta "You" something about AoC, what would you tell yourself?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Something like: You like playing healers and you like open worlds. Well, the world is instanced to death and healers more boring than watching the grass grow. Not your game.
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    i would tell myself about the xp exploit that tons of people took advantage of and got away with. that way i could exploit multiple acounts to max level in a few hours and sell them to make lots of money.
  • AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    It will be (is) a better game than Warhammer. Khitai is a grindfest.

• EudaimonEudaimon Member UncommonPosts: 116
    I'd tell myself "You'll really enjoy it for a long time, but Funcom won't fix bugs/exploits anything like as quickly as they should so...chill...."
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Nice one :)  I'd tell:

sorry to interrupt, I see you re-reading Howard's Conan books. It will be a great game for you, just don't rage-quit when Funcom keeps changing / tweaking your classes to please the ever-whining pvp'er n00bs. Oh, and when the Godslayer rises, don't buy it. Avoid it like the plague. I know how you hate grinding. Have fun in the next few months :)

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    i would tell myself its not going to be what your expecting but it wil turn out to be a really good themepark MMORPG and one of the best on the market for PVE content..
  • FjordmonkeyFjordmonkey Member UncommonPosts: 11

I'd smack myself in the back of the head and stop thinking that Funcom can make a game with good PvP when it's GD'ed by either Gaute Godager or Craig Morrisson, and also to expect being shafted repeatedly. Plus, of course, that it'll probably be a fairly good PvE-game.

Funny thing, too, is that I would get all of that confirmed.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Stick with it and get in a good guild.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• wow.pwns111wow.pwns111 Member Posts: 108
    "Don't do it you idiot! It's a trap just like Warhammer was. This game is crap - Trust me! Take that 50 bucks you're about to waste, go to Pig Al's - get a lap dance, get wasted and then wake up tomorrow and forget about this game completely."

"We have barred the gates, but can not hold them for long...
    They have taken the Bridge and the Second Hall...
    We can not get out. The end comes.
    Drums, drums in the deep. They are coming..."

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

I would tell me don't play, wish you never quit EQ because EQ and DF have been only good MMO's you have played since EQ. 

I would also say even though Dark Templar looks cool, it is the worst class in the game, don't get it to level 80 and quit..

Healers were so OP  but not for healing because of their AE.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I wouldn't tell me anything.  I didn't buy the game on release and had a lot of fun reading the official forums in the first two months.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Nothing really. The game was fun, worth the money. But ultimately Funcom took too long to update it, so it wasnt worth a continued subscription fee.

Would I go back and play it again at the time? Probably. Its not like there was much else out there at that point in time.

Have no issues with returning for the Godslayer expansion either. It was great and the dungeons were fun. Once again, Funcom just took too long with new content afterwards.

• rygar218rygar218 Member UncommonPosts: 332
    I would tell myself pre pare to have another Collectors Edition Rotting away in your storage next to all the other collectors editions that you've gotten thinking that this one would be the one thats going to be worth it.