Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow, just wow, the current best MMORPG is RIFT

Comments

• mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by vigg2004
    I just couldn't get into Rift PvE.  I found the questing incredibly bland.  I dreaded going to the next quest hub.  DE's were OK.

The thing about Rift is that you don't need to do a lot of quests. I'm lvl 30, and still in the first zone. I lvl up from raids, instant adventures, pvp and dangoeon.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by grimgryphon

Well, in your opinion.

In MY opinion, it is the best MMO out there right now too. I'm having a blast.

However, expect contrary opinions, especially from GW2 fans.

They're still bitter about buying a Cadillac and getting a Pinto. image

I'm loving GW2.  Its the best mmorpg I've played by far and above. 

I haven't played Rift, but I can say it looks graphically stunning.  It's hard to tell from screen shots, but I'd say it looks graphically better than GW2.  The only reason I haven't given Rift any kind of consideration is I'm done with sub fees.  I don't intend to ever pay them again.  Otherwise I'd probably pick up Rift and at least try it. 

But bitter because I bought GW2?  Never. 

• Stimos8Stimos8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Originally posted by Stimos8
    Originally posted by strangiato2112

I really dont think you can read? and gw 2 is far off the list due there lack of innovative content

If gw2 is far off the list for lack of innovative content, how the heck is Rift on the list then?

The quantity of innovative content, as opposed to the majority. Just because a game may have more certain innovative elements to another game, does not mean that they have more overall content. Guild wars 2 cant keep you occupied to the game for more then 2 weeks, i mean you can pretty much well complete most things in that time, even if you play it very casually it might last you 2 months, still i dont see how that is a good casual game at all.

And because Rift has absolutely 0 innovative or new content, I got bored in 30 minutes.

Innovation is not simply restricted to any certain or specific games, but more or less an all around mmo concept.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

I felt like I was tripping over mobs in RIFT which killed alot of the immersion. That and running around with bots/players that just never really spoke to one another. Allowing people to bypass dungeons untill level 50 and then going back to to do them was one of the worst things any game has EVER... Tonight in GW2 I ran AC explore 2 at level 40 and i was grouped with 2 level 80s and a level 49 and a level 42... Their system just is better as it allows everyone to play together.

Also i will give mention to TERA as the combat in TERA is just fun. Unfortunately TERA is restrained by having to wait for Korea to put anything out.

• FizbanFizbanFizbanFizban Member Posts: 6
    Rift is a good game, a good themepark mmo
  • mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by Corehaven
    Originally posted by grimgryphon

Well, in your opinion.

In MY opinion, it is the best MMO out there right now too. I'm having a blast.

However, expect contrary opinions, especially from GW2 fans.

They're still bitter about buying a Cadillac and getting a Pinto. image

I'm loving GW2.  Its the best mmorpg I've played by far and above. 

I haven't played Rift, but I can say it looks graphically stunning.  It's hard to tell from screen shots, but I'd say it looks graphically better than GW2.  The only reason I haven't given Rift any kind of consideration is I'm done with sub fees.  I don't intend to ever pay them again.  Otherwise I'd probably pick up Rift and at least try it. 

But bitter because I bought GW2?  Never. 

You can always try it. its free till lvl 20. The graphics is little outdated, "stunning" is a too big of a word to describe graphics in Rift. At beast you could say it looks good, but its far from stunning in terms of graphics.

Originally posted by Tokken

You're right WOW is the best!

GW2 is the best casual game!

Rift has the best development!

I really dont think you can read? and gw 2 is far off the list due there lack of innovative content, it is far from the best casual game out there, holds absolutely nothing, to any of these other games. WoW was exceptionally but has hit the ground, both of them are therefore missing one thing that rift has, and that is the ability for potential and the way that potential is being exercised. In other words, wow was great but is getting worse and worse, gw 2 was never anything and rift was ok and is becomming more and more exceptional.

GW2 has a lack of innovative content?  From what I've read Rift is an excellent WoW clone, but thats doing something well, not necessarily innovation.  GW2 mixes up the entire enchilada. 

I'm also really confused why people call GW2 a "casual" game.  I can solo quest and basically never die in WoW.  Maybe 3 or 4 times max all the way to level cap.  In GW2 death happens 2 or 3 times every 5 or 6 hours I play.  Dungeons are admititdly very difficult to the point there are complaints by many.  Large boss or chamion fights can leave whole fields of dead players.  How is this casual?  Again I'm a little baffled by these statements. 

The art direction of the game itself is beyond amazing.  The world really does feel hand crafted, and it looks it.  The music is the best I've ever seen in an mmo as well.  So to say GW2 is nothing is you just not preferring it to Rift.  You wanted a more traditional mmo feel.  That's fine, and Rift shows its quality graphically to me if nothing more. 

But to actually say GW2 was nothing?  That's just you hoping to convince people your game of choice is better, and its likely closest competitor is literally "nothing".  Grow up. 

Originally posted by mWo4life

You can always try it. its free till lvl 20. The graphics is little outdated, "stunning" is a too big of a word to describe graphics in Rift. At beast you could say it looks good, but its far from stunning in terms of graphics.

Oh....well I might do that sometime if I'm bored eventually.  I'm enjoying GW2 too much right now to do much of anything else. 

Like I said all I've seen is screenshots.  I dont think Ive hardly even seen the game in motion.  Like I said sub fee automatically turns me off to anything having one.  Not that they're bad for people who like paying them.  Its just not for me.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

I felt like I was tripping over mobs in RIFT which killed alot of the immersion. That and running around with bots/players that just never really spoke to one another. Allowing people to bypass dungeons untill level 50 and then going back to to do them was one of the worst things any game has EVER... Tonight in GW2 I ran AC explore 2 at level 40 and i was grouped with 2 level 80s and a level 49 and a level 42... Their system just is better as it allows everyone to play together.

Also i will give mention to TERA as the combat in TERA is just fun. Unfortunately TERA is restrained by having to wait for Korea to put anything out.

sadly the same is true in GW2 - The social experience was akin to holding a conversation with a pet rock... no one really talked save for general chat and then it was nothimg more than your standard MMO gen chat experience.

As for allowing people to bypass dungeons, who cares? It never stopped me from finding a group at the correct level when I wanted to run an instance.

Try as you might, but GW2 suffers from the same social silence, bots and gameplay of other mmos - all Anet did was remove some features that people later realized they liked and repackaged everything else in a slightly different form.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246
    WoW>Rift
  • extolroxextolrox Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by Drolkin
    WoW>Rift

this guy never played the game. Wow is only keeping pace and poorly at that matter as far as people giving blizzard credit for Wow being a success well it was more of a fluke with hands down every clone of it being so much better in all honesty blizzard had to take what ever was drawing the player base away and jery rig it in there. 

Right now tho I am playing the secret world just because I like the customization of the skills and the sandboxy levelessness to it. by far I can't really remember anything inovative about Wow with the fact it was just a buch of combinations of other games with Warcraft characters in it. I know a lot of people will say they disagree but I have played just about every single mmo since before they where popular and when logging into wow I simply never was impressed. If Rift had as good of marketing as Blizzard has it could have an even bigger player base yet I am still saying the future of MMO is going to be B2P in the end. People are getting quite tired of the f2p market and the p2p strategy well really what where we paying for again the servers access and patches for the broken content..... well anyways the subs are fading for a good reason and the f2p companies are having to compete now with triple A  f2p game such as DDO LOTRO AOC SWTOR so seeing RaiderZ from Miaet and PWI was quite interesting and I see the future of PWI really targeting Blizzard in the long run with the fact they have proven that they can make better games just looking at TL2. I am really hoping tho that Rift starts to really pick up in player base with the fact that in the end Rift simply is the better of the 2. I mean come on the new expantion for Wow just seems like they riped off Kung Fu Panda ... anyone know if Jack Black plays Wow? 

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I feel like Trion downplayed Hunt Rifts. They are what you wish Rifts were when the game launched. You trigger specific events, build conduits, turrets, barricades, defend positions, summon bosses, 20+ player battles with massive creatures and progress unique storylines and quest chains. All non instanced and in the open world! A robust reward system attached to sweeten the deal that includes enhancements, crafting components that you actually use, and finally complete gear sets along with a built in upgrade system.

Hunt Rifts are the best open world dynamic content I have seen in an mmo. The best part is that the system is already in place to allow Trion to grow and expand Hunt Rifts indefinitely. They incorporated open world dynamic content with structure building, quest chains, crafting and gear progression into a single system. Its a home run.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Foomerang

I feel like Trion downplayed Hunt Rifts. They are what you wish Rifts were when the game launched. You trigger specific events, build conduits, turrets, barricades, defend positions, summon bosses, 20+ player battles with massive creatures and progress unique storylines and quest chains. All non instanced and in the open world!

It's sad when stuff like this, which was commonplace in 1997, now seems like  standout feature.

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

I really dont think you can read? and gw 2 is far off the list due there lack of innovative content

If gw2 is far off the list for lack of innovative content, how the heck is Rift on the list then?

The quantity of innovative content, as opposed to the majority. Just because a game may have more certain innovative elements to another game, does not mean that they have more overall content. Guild wars 2 cant keep you occupied to the game for more then 2 weeks, i mean you can pretty much well complete most things in that time, even if you play it very casually it might last you 2 months, still i dont see how that is a good casual game at all.

And because Rift has absolutely 0 innovative or new content, I got bored in 30 minutes.

My word, you're like a broken record.

Originally posted by maddhatter44

the way they approched the level of design you have with your housing is 1.

but what game do you play that is so innovative?

Not really. Only thing about Rift's housing I haven't seen elsewhere is being able to change the sky.

What innovative game do I play? Darkfall and Vanguard, and Planetside 2; and currently in the beta for Salem and Project Gorgon.

Originally posted by Bakkoda24

Doesn't stop me from being accurate.

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

No, but when a good chunk of your post history is bashing Rift, comparing games to WoW, pointing out how games are WoW clones, or just mentioning WoW, the accuracy of your statement loses some bearing and just becomes the same comment rehashed to fit the title of a game and "WoW" in the same sentence.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.

As for Rift, I am excited to read/watch some player reviews on the expansion. I toyed around with Rift Lite after not playing since the beta and was pleased with it. Hopefully I can make Age of Wushu and Rift my two sub games.

No, but when a good chunk of your post history is bashing Rift, comparing games to WoW, pointing out how games are WoW clones, or just mentioning WoW, the accuracy of your statement loses some bearing and just becomes the same comment rehashed to fit the title of a game and "WoW" in the same sentence.

Actually, it does the opposite. It makes me an authority on the subject of what is and is not a WoW clone :P

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149

Actually, it does the opposite. It makes me an authority on the subject of what is and is not a WoW clone :P

Or just a fanboy. Two sides to every coin.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Foomerang I feel like Trion downplayed Hunt Rifts. They are what you wish Rifts were when the game launched. You trigger specific events, build conduits, turrets, barricades, defend positions, summon bosses, 20+ player battles with massive creatures and progress unique storylines and quest chains. All non instanced and in the open world!  
    It's sad when stuff like this, which was commonplace in 1997, now seems like  standout feature.

Its sad that good game mechanics are making a comeback? You sound like you're just in a bad mood heh.
  • ReallymjReallymj Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Its funny most of the people who have negatives about any game not just rift haven't played the game for more than a month. You really don't start seeing the content until you've put atleast 2-3 months in. I've played rift since beta. I played Wow for 3 Years or more,  and about 15 others for times periods of 3-6 months to years. Leveled a character in GW2 to about 60. Like the game but don't have the time for it. Until you spend some really good quality time in a game I wonder how you can get a true idea of what the game is like. Playing the game in beta is a lot different than someone that has played it over a long period of time.

~Im not what I am~

• Stimos8Stimos8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    This is actually very funny, all this "wow clone" rubbish that people are saying. There are no such things as clones in this current genre, I could make an exact copy of wow, with different lore names but have the same content as burning crusade and call "illidan", "Pillidan" and it would still be a good game, better then the current wow atleast. Therefore yes rift has copied a lot of elements from wow, but the GOOD ones, which is a good thing? and not only have they copied but they have also added on GOOD and specific innovative features aswell.
    Originally posted by dead2soon

Or just a fanboy. Two sides to every coin.

A fanboy of..what? Good MMOs?

Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by Foomerang I feel like Trion downplayed Hunt Rifts. They are what you wish Rifts were when the game launched. You trigger specific events, build conduits, turrets, barricades, defend positions, summon bosses, 20+ player battles with massive creatures and progress unique storylines and quest chains. All non instanced and in the open world!  
    Its sad that good game mechanics are making a comeback? You sound like you're just in a bad mood heh.

No, it's sad that the genre fell so far that people are pretending stuff like this is new and interesting. A feature like this wouldn't have been celebrated much back in the day.

If the whole game was innovative, that'd be worth celebrating. But it's about as stardard clone as it can be, with a few gimmicks bolted on. I can't enjoy the interesting bits without first slogging through all the boredom.

Originally posted by Reallymj
    Its funny most of the people who have negatives about any game not just rift haven't played the game for more than a month. You really don't start seeing the content until you've put atleast 2-3 months in

Sorry, but if I have to put 100 hours into a game just to get to the part that isn't boring/is unique at all... then the game is broken.