Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ranger Updates announced - and the Rangers are PISSED

TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Oct 22nd: Previous major update.  All classes receive an update except Rangers.  Ranger are disappointed

Oct 23: Rangers updated on next update. Rangers are told they will be included in the next major updated slated for mid November. 80k views in 23 days (meaning a very popular thread for GW2 standards).

Nov 15: Today's Major Update: Again, all classes receive an update.  Rangers are included this time! While some minor things were improved,  unfortunately the update fails to address most of the concerns of the rangers and instead focuses on useless things like Spirit proc chance (still has a 10second cooldown after proc) and underwater weapon fixes (nobody cares about underwater fighting). Rangers are pissed, disgusted, disappointed, ect.  I haven't seen a thread filled with so much QQ in awhile.

Nov 15: Traps received a stealth nerf. Adding insult to injury.  Atleast Anet is now claiming its a bug.

Comments

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    I dont have any issues with my Ranger, but like the posters say, it is disppointing to read the notes that practicaly did nothing, except for nerf out traps a minor amount.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by Kalafax
    I dont have any issues with my Ranger, but like the posters say, it is disppointing to read the notes that practicaly did nothing, except for nerf out traps a minor amount.

I don't mean to sound condescending but there are a lot of ranger issues, you probably just haven't noticed them yet. 

Ranger Bug list

The biggest issues, for me atleast, are pet pathing and pet attack animation.  Pets currently have a very small cast animation when attacking, however, if your target moves right when your pet is about to attack, your target will take no damage.  In other words, pets cannot attack targets who are constantly moving.

• ExpiredLifeExpiredLife Member Posts: 20
    Another large reason as to why people are pissed is it's adding more insult to injury, happening at the exact same time that they do what they swore not to do: Add in vertical gear progression.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

The only problem with ranger is it is too easy :P

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Originally posted by TheHavok

I don't mean to sound condescending but there are a lot of ranger issues, you probably just haven't noticed them yet. 

Ranger Bug list

The biggest issues, for me atleast, are pet pathing and pet attack animation.  Pets currently have a very small cast animation when attacking, however, if your target moves right when your pet is about to attack, your target will take no damage.  In other words, pets cannot attack targets who are constantly moving.

lol, so monsters are not allowed to kite anymore. Lets hope the GW2 team fix it so they just stand there.

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

Ranger Bug list

I mean these are things I've noticed, most of that list for sure, but none of them are gamebreaking or really cause that big of a handicap, so I havent had any issue overcoming them. Which is why I said I dont have any issue with my Ranger, but I can see your point, there are minor bugs here and their with the class

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363

Sadly the pvp itself is simply boring now. I play a trap ranger and the stealth nerf is a big slap in the face, bug my #@$%@#.

They added in new pve content but didn't do jack to improve pvp or do anything about the boring pvp  boards. Every bit of pvp in the game is just one big zerg, WvW is just a zerg, spvp a zerg, there is no cotrol elements worth their salt at all in the game. Anything or any spec able to deal with high crits or massive condition dumps has been nerfed through the floor, lifesteal, healing, are worthless and the few control options you do have are dull and non interesting.

Basically GW2 pvp can all be smashed into a circulare AOE template, its predictable, dull and boring.

Now I am back to square one.

Looking for a game.

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

News flash every class in GW2 is easy. If you cannot master 5 buttons I feel sorry for you.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    What about the incredibly major Mesmer nerf?  I can no longer nuke enemies on top of wall in WvW with my phantasims.  That's a pretty big nerf in my books.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

Originally posted by DanitaKusor
    What about the incredibly major Mesmer nerf?  I can no longer nuke enemies on top of wall in WvW with my phantasims.  That's a pretty big nerf in my books.

Mesmers actually got a dps buff.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    Originally posted by Sleepyfish

Hmm that might be one way to look at it but if I can't kill enemies in WvW while hiding out of line of sight of them that's a nerf in my books.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Hmm that might be one way to look at it but if I can't kill enemies in WvW while hiding out of line of sight of them that's a nerf in my books.

Mesmers were considered overpowered.  Additionally you shouldn't be able to kill somebody while line of sighting them.  Mesmers were just put more inline with the other range classes.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I assume all of the ranger complaints are pvp related other than the longsword, underwater weapon and utility skill issues.  my ranger at 55 is pretty godly.  Oh and longbow dmg is way off.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Hey could be worse! Mesmer updates just keep giving longer cool downs. Eventually I won't have anything to do except cast winds of chaos.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

FUN FACT: Warriors got a 10% damage buff on Longbow! 

Those 2 developers working on the class balancing are really rubbing it in now.

===============================================================================================

PS: For those fanbois that will inevitable say that there are more working on this, here is an official ANet post that there are indeed only 2:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/ranger/General-Patch-Discussion-merged/page/3

There are >500 skills in this game, 480 traits, and 2 designers working on this. Even then often we are bottle necked by other issues. I’m not going to say we are not working on these things, nor can I say there are things we could have changed but just ran out of time on, but this was a patch that contained ranger improvements and it will not be the last one that does so. Maybe you want more than honesty but that is what I currently have to offer.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Mesmers were considered overpowered.  Additionally you shouldn't be able to kill somebody while line of sighting them.  Mesmers were just put more inline with the other range classes.

However that was the mesmers only real means of AoE for those situations. Ah well, we adapt.

The nerf to portal cooldown time... that was odd. Not sure if that has a real effect on portal bombing... just take a couple more mesmers if you need to, or slow down a little. The healing limit of five, however, that seems interesting. No more massive, unrelenting turtle heals. It'll be interesting to see how that all plays out.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123
    You forgot to mention that most profs were nerfed significantly. Rangers received a massive buff to the most problematic weapon. As someone who mains a ranger I'm content, but expect more changed to come. An entire trait line is useless along with spirits, and pets need a little work.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    All these buffs and nerfs were based on data they get from WvW and PvE. A.Net already said that people MAY NOT get what they want based on actual data they record in the game. All these skill mods are based on that.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

News flash every class in GW2 is easy. If you cannot master 5 buttons I feel sorry for you.

If you think you just need 5 buttons to play this game, please see me in game my name is Sammy Eli, and I will have a server for sPvP when its in game and you can show me how elite you are with those 5 keys =)

Oh BTW I'll play a Ranger if you like =P

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Its not 5 skills.  Scrub play is easy. 

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Still one of the easiest and robust classes to play in the game and anything but weak (just try a non-dual-dagger elementalist some day).  Which is why they're a favorite of the bots.   

Something, btw, I thought was an iron law of MMOs --  in any class based MMO, the class the bot lords use for botting is both extremely durable and extremely easy to play -- and that everyone understood this...

So, imagine my surprise at all the whining...

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

Looks like my favorite class Warrior still escaped the knife ;)

I will continue to wreck anything that is in my path in PVE and PVP....and not break a sweat.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

Looks like my favorite class Warrior still escaped the knife ;)

I will continue to wreck anything that is in my path in PVE and PVP....and not break a sweat.

My in game name is Sammy Eli, please PM me so I can be wrecked in pvp. I will be off work @ 5

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by MosesZD

Still one of the easiest and robust classes to play in the game and anything but weak (just try a non-dual-dagger elementalist some day).  Which is why they're a favorite of the bots.   

Something, btw, I thought was an iron law of MMOs --  in any class based MMO, the class the bot lords use for botting is both extremely durable and extremely easy to play -- and that everyone understood this...

So, imagine my surprise at all the whining...

A.Net probably did part of this to stop bots, it is true. Thanks for bringing a little sanity to this insanity.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

From your comment, I can safely say you have mastered none of the classes yet.