Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

The Elder Scrolls Online: Ask Us Anything Part 1 Published

2»

Comments

  • muffins89muffins89 Yakima, WAPosts: 1,306Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by toddze
    Originally posted by Dahkot72
     

    I've noticed this over the past year that most Q/A interviews here go like that.

    Do they ever ask "tough" questions with direct follow-ups ? It just seems mmo devs have become almost on par with politicians for spewing drivel and never actually saying anything direct and sites let them get away with it.

    They let them "get away with it" because in return the site gets early beta access. In some cases especially involving an EA game they get paid.

    the questions were from people on facebook.  not mmoprg.  they seleccted certain ones to answer.  over half the questions were "wen dos it com out?"  they picked questions releant to what they asked for.  questions about the ebonheart pact.

    I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

  • BetaguyBetaguy Halifax, NSPosts: 2,590Member

    Good read...

    "That being said, the stories and events that unfold in these areas during The Elder Scrolls Online will be different than those in past Elder Scrolls games. The people living in these familiar places won’t be too different from their brethren in later times; however, they will have different views and tales to tell, based on the current events that are impacting their daily lives."

    Does this mean decent dynamic questing and show how the environment can really impact the gameworld?

    image

  • NitthNitth AustraliaPosts: 3,684Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    What about asking good questions that people are actually concerned about?  I'm guessing it's not "ask us anything" but only ask us things that make the game sound amazing.

    They wernt exactly forthcoming with the Quality and the Quantity of the questions lol..

    image
    TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

  • NitthNitth AustraliaPosts: 3,684Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Good read..."That being said, the stories and events that unfold in these areas during The Elder Scrolls Online will be different than those in past Elder Scrolls games. The people living in these familiar places won’t be too different from their brethren in later times; however, they will have different views and tales to tell, based on the current events that are impacting their daily lives."Does this mean decent dynamic questing and show how the environment can really impact the gameworld?

    Don't read to much into that, Could just mean event cycles:

    Have different dialogue at night;
    Have different dialogue if town under siege;
    Have different dialogue if quest trigger is met.

    image
    TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

  • BetaguyBetaguy Halifax, NSPosts: 2,590Member
    Originally posted by Nitth

     


    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Good read...

     

    "That being said, the stories and events that unfold in these areas during The Elder Scrolls Online will be different than those in past Elder Scrolls games. The people living in these familiar places won’t be too different from their brethren in later times; however, they will have different views and tales to tell, based on the current events that are impacting their daily lives."

    Does this mean decent dynamic questing and show how the environment can really impact the gameworld?


     

    Don't read to much into that, Could just mean event cycles:

    Have different dialogue at night;
    Have different dialogue if town under siege;
    Have different dialogue if quest trigger is met.

     Still, that would mean replay value is there for me if I don't do them all and start another toon in the same faction...that matters to a lot.

    image

  • Entropy14Entropy14 Edmonton, ABPosts: 670Member Uncommon
    I just hope this game isnt too linear and all themepark that after 1 month your are already done all the content.  Realy do hope to see some sandbox , and a reason to explore.
  • KalstarkKalstark fishkill, NYPosts: 63Member
    Originally posted by ste2000

    "Ask us anything" my arse.............

    What kind of question are those?

    Really the more PR spin they do, the more this game smell fishy.

    I really have a bad vibe about this game, this is going to tank harder than SWTOR.

     

    A really good question to Bethesda would be "Do you plan to release TES 6 together with TESO so we can play a real TES game? "

     

    PS: While I write this post I am playing Skyrim, once again.........that's how you make a game

    yeah that would be such a good question, what an idiot your hating on a game thats not even complete yet. seriously what is wrong with people like you get a god dam life this isnt the ES6 so dont compare it at all. if you dont want to play a ES mmo dont play it and dont click on articles about it so you can tell everyone your "opinion". do people ever compare halo wars to halo? no. did people who liked halo buy halo wars when they dont like rts? no. seriously you guys are so pathetic 

    image
  • VannorVannor YorkshirePosts: 2,970Member Uncommon

    Bit of a joke this 'ask us anything' label.

    Ask us 'anything' but we won't answer 'anything', we'll just answer the ones we want to. Well, that's not letting people ask anything is it...?

     
  • SiveriaSiveria Saint John, New BrunswickPosts: 1,200Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ste2000

    "Ask us anything" my arse.............

    What kind of question are those?

    Really the more PR spin they do, the more this game smell fishy.

    I really have a bad vibe about this game, this is going to tank harder than SWTOR.

     

    A really good question to Bethesda would be "Do you plan to release TES 6 together with TESO so we can play a real TES game? "

     

    PS: While I write this post I am playing Skyrim, once again.........that's how you make a game

    I dunno, skyrim was pretty shittastic for a TES title imo, the land your on blows, and the storyline sucked ass, as did most of the quests, only thing i thought was decent was they got rid of the repair system, but as a game overall I think oblivion was a much MUCH better game overall. Skyrim is boring as hell to me unless its modded to hell and back because the game has been overly simplified and been made for the stupid casual cattle. Looking at skyrim I am scared to see how much more dumbed down TES6 is going to end up, because skyrim is pretty much rock bottom. I couldn't stand vanallia skyrim for long, it was that bad to me, compared to oblivion vanallia. Mind you Skyrim has brought TES to the masses. It just lacks the good stuff that makes a tes game a tes game (Good story, intersting questlines, intersting area to explore, skyrim lacked these 3 key things compared to older TES titles)

    Same thing happened with fallout3/nv, Fo3 had a far better story/area, but NV kinda wins out in the gameplay dept since Obsidian kinda copied alot of stuff that was a mod for fo3 and added it to nv (weapon mods to name one). Though Mr. New Vegas sucks compared to Three Dog IMO. Anyway I still play Skyrim off and on with the Skyrim Redone mod off the nexus. Fixes most of the problems the vanallia game had gameplay wise and makes it actually playable.

    MMO wise? I've lost all faith in devs since wow came out every single mmo has had virtually 0 community aspect to it since you can just solo from start to end, I much prefer how FF11 does it where grouping is bascally required if you want to get anywhere at a  decent speed. Sad thing is with the attention span of the casual cattle we can forget about seeing a mmo like that for a long time. This makes me sadface, Been looking for a decent mmo for years after ff11, still haven't found one worth playing past the included month, some I quit after a few days (The secret world to name one) just because they were THAT bad.

     

    Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

    A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

    or

    B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

    Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News Manager The Land of AZPosts: 16,613MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon
    Originally posted by muffins89
    Originally posted by toddze
    Originally posted by Dahkot72
     

    I've noticed this over the past year that most Q/A interviews here go like that.

    Do they ever ask "tough" questions with direct follow-ups ? It just seems mmo devs have become almost on par with politicians for spewing drivel and never actually saying anything direct and sites let them get away with it.

    They let them "get away with it" because in return the site gets early beta access. In some cases especially involving an EA game they get paid.

    the questions were from people on facebook.  not mmoprg.  they seleccted certain ones to answer.  over half the questions were "wen dos it com out?"  they picked questions releant to what they asked for.  questions about the ebonheart pact.

    Thank you for clarifying this point. The 'Ask Us Anything' event was one that was created by the TESO team, not MMORPG.com. For those who didn't notice, the Q&A was posted on the official site and only referenced here. ;)

    Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

    image
  • SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Charlotte, NCPosts: 188Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    What about asking good questions that people are actually concerned about?  I'm guessing it's not "ask us anything" but only ask us things that make the game sound amazing.

    We have a winner!

    Based on the number of mods I need/want to install on Skyrim to make it playable as I'd expect a game to be, I have very little faith in them being able to produce a game that I'd want to sub for.

    They'd engraciate themselves with the community (more) if they engaged the heavy-hitter mod creators for assistance/feedback discussions on how they should and what they should be adding/creating in this game, IMO.

  • ste2000ste2000 londonPosts: 4,705Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Siveria
    Originally posted by ste2000

    "Ask us anything" my arse.............

    What kind of question are those?

    Really the more PR spin they do, the more this game smell fishy.

    I really have a bad vibe about this game, this is going to tank harder than SWTOR.

     

    A really good question to Bethesda would be "Do you plan to release TES 6 together with TESO so we can play a real TES game? "

     

    PS: While I write this post I am playing Skyrim, once again.........that's how you make a game

    I dunno, skyrim was pretty shittastic for a TES title imo, the land your on blows, and the storyline sucked ass, as did most of the quests, only thing i thought was decent was they got rid of the repair system, but as a game overall I think oblivion was a much MUCH better game overall. Skyrim is boring as hell to me

     

    Obviously I totally disagree.

    Oblivion was more something Bioware would do, in fact it was the worst of the series, IMO doesn't fit well with the other 4 games.

    TES is not about storylines, it is about exploration and  finding adventures along the way..............this is TES trademark

    Oblivion was too Story driven which in turn is Bioware trademark.

    I believe you like more Bioware titles than Bethesda (2 very different styles), since it looks like Story is so important to you.

    Good news is that you will probably like TESO since apparently is heavily Story driven.

    Personally, I don't care about Storyline (spacebar for the win) I just want to find a new adventure wherever I go.............this is TES for me.

    TESO is going to be more similar to SWTOR than any of the TES games, therefore I don't expect to play it.

    I will wait for TES 6 instead.

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.