Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow, just wow, the current best MMORPG is RIFT

Stimos8Stimos8 Member UncommonPosts: 163

With the release of storm legion an already great game, becomes even greater. Currently it looks as if this already is a pve'rs dream, yes there may be a slight lack of pvp, but i am sure like most things it will be fixed in due time. There are a number of games out there that are currently competing with rift, however no game on the market has a better development team then this game has. I mean what game do we know that has pumped out this much content in such a short ammount of time.

In other words, they dont want you to get bored, and they are succesfully showing it. ALthough the subscribers arent as high as a number of other games, its not the biggest issue because the game itself is excellence and the people who play it know that. Therefore as seen rift should take the throne of mmorpg's, but of course the current mmo community is made up people who cant leave the comfort of there already played virtual homes. However the real question is, not whether rift can keep this vast content expansion up, they have already proven this, but instead whether or not they are able to keep the same amount of qaulity behind there game as they have been.

Comments

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

Well, in your opinion.

In MY opinion, it is the best MMO out there right now too. I'm having a blast.

However, expect contrary opinions, especially from GW2 fans.

They're still bitter about buying a Cadillac and getting a Pinto. image

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

You're right WOW is the best!

GW2 is the best casual game!

Rift has the best development!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• motoratonmotoraton Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Mm nice to see u enjoy rift ^^, personaly i back to wow after try all new mmos, ^^ but dont feel bad for me xD im only a casual player ^^ enjoy Rift ^^ is great game i test the beta and the first two mouth sense the launch and is great ^^ 
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I just couldn't get into Rift PvE.  I found the questing incredibly bland.  I dreaded going to the next quest hub.  DE's were OK.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

WoW is right. Rift is so shamelessly similar to WoW I'm surprised they didn't get sued.

This expansion doesn't change the fact that the game has dated gameplay.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by vigg2004
    I just couldn't get into Rift PvE.  I found the questing incredibly bland.  I dreaded going to the next quest hub.  DE's were OK.

I'm with you. I came back multiple times thinking maybe it was just my class or my soul choices. It's such a great concept for a game, too, and the devs are amazing. Oh well, I'm glad those that enjoy it are having fun.

• aionixaionix Member UncommonPosts: 288
    I was in love with Rift and still repsect the game and its devs.  I've clocked in over 800 hours on that game.  Unforatnly real life  got busy and I just didn't have the time anymore to continue raiding and logging in to do the daily activites and seasonal events.  I wish it only the best.
  • SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

I won't argue that Rift have a good developpement team, that is a fact. But I also think GW2 does as good if not even better than Rift. The game is only 2 months old and we've already had the Halloween event which was pretty great, and now another one which add some new permanent content. Sure there's a lot of stuff missing, like every MMO at release, but they are doing a great job. Thanks to their multiple teams all working on different stuff.

But saying its the best MMO, not IMO at least. I wasn't able to play this game since it was way too much like WoW. I'm not saying its not a good game for the people who like the WoW style gameplay and features but its just not my cup of tea anymore.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Stimos8

With the release of storm legion an already great game, becomes even greater. Currently it looks as if this already is a pve'rs dream, yes there may be a slight lack of pvp, but i am sure like most things it will be fixed in due time. There are a number of games out there that are currently competing with rift, however no game on the market has a better development team then this game has. I mean what game do we know that has pumped out this much content in such a short ammount of time.

In other words, they dont want you to get bored, and they are succesfully showing it. ALthough the subscribers arent as high as a number of other games, its not the biggest issue because the game itself is excellence and the people who play it know that. Therefore as seen rift should take the throne of mmorpg's, but of course the current mmo community is made up people who cant leave the comfort of there already played virtual homes. However the real question is, not whether rift can keep this vast content expansion up, they have already proven this, but instead whether or not they are able to keep the same amount of qaulity behind there game as they have been.

Well considering GW2 isn't two months old yet they have plenty of time to prove you wrong. Already they've had a new patch with new content every month since launch.

Rift is the best in development pushing out new content for sub only games.

GW2 is setting itself up to be the best for nonsub games. :)

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's a good game if you like wow style pve with a moor outdoorsy and grown up feel.
    But.. I like pvp and I don't like raids, so nothing in rift for me.
    Originally posted by SirFubar

I won't argue that Rift have a good developpement team, that is a fact.

A good development team wouldn't have copied WoW mechanics and style almost point for point, before slapping in a few surface gimmicks to make it seem unique. Nor would they have instancing. Instancing is a clear sign of bad game design most of the time.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    What's so good about rift pve?  When I did the trial it had a very bad mmo on rails feeling and quest hubs.
  • SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

A good development team wouldn't have copied WoW mechanics and style almost point for point, before slapping in a few surface gimmicks to make it seem unique. Nor would they have instancing. Instancing is a clear sign of bad game design most of the time.

Irrelevant. It's not because they copied the basics of WoW that they didn't a great job. Just look at SWTOR, same thing, but they failed comapred to Rift. And no, instancing isn't a bad game design at all. It not because you don't like it that it's bad. Instead of calling it bad, tell us exactly WHY you think its bad. I'm pretty sure you don't even know why you don't like it.

I could say the same about owPvP or sandbox games but I don't, because I know its not because I don't really like them that its a bad design.

Funny thing is the QQing seem to always come from the same people... people that will never be happy with anything. They praised games that did it right, and instead of playing these games, they come here and QQ about the things that are bad in their minds when there's a lot more people that either love it or don't really care because it doesn't change anything.

Originally posted by Badaboom
    What's so good about rift pve?  When I did the trial it had a very bad mmo on rails feeling and quest hubs.

They have a rift gimmick lifted from Tabula Rasa. Every now and again some dudes show up randomly. Once you've done it about 4 times though it's pretty boring, and it doesn't ever actually impact the game world. But its pretty much the only difference between it and WoW.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    If I wanted to play a themepark MMO whose mechanics have be done over n over n over again that has made people starved for something different I would play WoW before trying Rift.  Rift I didn't even last through the Beta as all it was is a WoW 2.0.  Rift is highly lackluster game as it doesn't do anything different from WoW.  At least with TSW and GW2 they tried different mechanics.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Badaboom

SL doesn't really push the quest hub thing. There are some quest givers in the new expansion, but there aren't 6 people huddling around a tent unable to move for themselves asking you to do extermination jobs one after the other. Most of the quests are now picked up on the fly and are auto turned in off the UI. Many quests are initiated simply by killing the 1st mob in a given location. Very well done!

• Stimos8Stimos8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Originally posted by Tokken

You're right WOW is the best!

GW2 is the best casual game!

Rift has the best development!

I really dont think you can read? and gw 2 is far off the list due there lack of innovative content, it is far from the best casual game out there, holds absolutely nothing, to any of these other games. WoW was exceptionally but has hit the ground, both of them are therefore missing one thing that rift has, and that is the ability for potential and the way that potential is being exercised. In other words, wow was great but is getting worse and worse, gw 2 was never anything and rift was ok and is becomming more and more exceptional.

I won't argue that Rift have a good developpement team, that is a fact. But I also think GW2 does as good if not even better than Rift. The game is only 2 months old and we've already had the Halloween event which was pretty great, and now another one which add some new permanent content. Sure there's a lot of stuff missing, like every MMO at release, but they are doing a great job. Thanks to their multiple teams all working on different stuff.

But saying its the best MMO, not IMO at least. I wasn't able to play this game since it was way too much like WoW. I'm not saying its not a good game for the people who like the WoW style gameplay and features but its just not my cup of tea anymore.

Gw 2 attempted something different, you have to give them credit for that, although what it attempted was really not as great as everyone anticipated it was better then nothing. i mean, the only thing the game has that is excellent is the crafting system, even then it can only keep you involved for so long, as opposed to rift which is constantly updating and adding in new things to do.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

I really dont think you can read? and gw 2 is far off the list due there lack of innovative content

If gw2 is far off the list for lack of innovative content, how the heck is Rift on the list then?

Not true, its common knowledge to give people what they want, rather then what you think they want. Most mmorpgs released lately are based of the "wow concept" but try to add in unique features thinking that people will like them, when really it pulls people out of their comfort zone. A good development team knows this rule, and instead of pulling people away from what they like, they decide to go with something that is already proven to work, and thus you have a game that people actually want to play.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by strangiato2112

I really dont think you can read? and gw 2 is far off the list due there lack of innovative content

If gw2 is far off the list for lack of innovative content, how the heck is Rift on the list then?

GW2's innovations are nothing more than an accumulation of tradeoffs. For everything GW2 brought to the table, something major was sacrificed and for many, the new innovations simply wern't enough to offset the loss.

The quantity of innovative content, as opposed to the majority. Just because a game may have more certain innovative elements to another game, does not mean that they have more overall content. Guild wars 2 cant keep you occupied to the game for more then 2 weeks, i mean you can pretty much well complete most things in that time, even if you play it very casually it might last you 2 months, still i dont see how that is a good casual game at all.

Not true, its common knowledge to give people what they want, rather then what you think they want. Most mmorpgs released lately are based of the "wow concept" but try to add in unique features thinking that people will like them, when really it pulls people out of their comfort zone. A good development team knows this rule, and instead of pulling people away from what they like, they decide to go with something that is already proven to work, and thus you have a game that people actually want to play.

I never thought I'd meet anyone who actually believed that doing NOTHING new is a good thing.

People don't want WoW, hence why almost every WoW clone has failed. If they want WoW, they'd be playing WoW. Or do you think the fact that Rift has had a shrinking population since launch a coincidence?

The quantity of innovative content, as opposed to the majority. Just because a game may have more certain innovative elements to another game, does not mean that they have more overall content. Guild wars 2 cant keep you occupied to the game for more then 2 weeks, i mean you can pretty much well complete most things in that time, even if you play it very casually it might last you 2 months, still i dont see how that is a good casual game at all.

And because Rift has absolutely 0 innovative or new content, I got bored in 30 minutes.

• maddhatter44maddhatter44 Member Posts: 78

And because Rift has absolutely 0 innovative or new content, I got bored in 30 minutes.

the way they approched the level of design you have with your housing is 1.

but what game do you play that is so innovative?