Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Why is Bioware Selling Bikini Panties in Their Shop?

12346»

Comments

  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Fresno, CAPosts: 615Member
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by Shadewood
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by Shadewood
    I couldn't care less if they objecfiy women, just as long as I can get a similar outfit for my male character, which exposes a nice amount of man flesh and abs. I was highly dissappointed to see no such item for a male character on the list, which is a shame considering the amount of straight female and gay male players who play the game, who may want to buy such an item. Get with the times, Bioware. If you're going to objectify one gender, at least objectify the other in similar ways; or none at all. 

    Lots of posts still on forum requesting SSR. One day BioWare will cave in and add it. There were speculations that Lucas did not agree to it (we all know BioWare is not shy about it). The question is if it was the truth and if it was, if changing from Lucas to Disney will change it.

    It's not about "caving", this is a Bioware game, and if you've played previous Bioware games, they've features SGRA's [Jade Empire, KOTOR, Dragon Age, Mass Effect]. So it's only natural when people play these previous games, that many come to expect similar themes in SWTOR. The company dared to be different, set a progressive stance and stuck with it in their previous games. That's the problem, really. To make matters worse, Bioware stated "Same Gender Romance Arcs" would be added "SHORTLY" after launch. Its been nearly a year, so I can hardly blame people for being dissappointed with the company.  If it was reversed. and OGRA's were cut, many would be annoyed too. Especially since these were naturally, also in Bioware games.

    And about Disney, well.. Disney's gotten a lot more proggressive over the years. They have equal employee spousal benefits for same sex couples, along with allowing allowing same sex weddings in their parks. There's also "Gay Day" in Disney World, which is one of the largest pride parades held in the world. I think there's a good chance Disney's probably not going to get involved.

    It's not really a BioWare game, as anyone would expect.  BioWare sold their company to EA in 2007.  The Doctors who created these games left (presumably after their 5 year post-sale obligation expired).  Upon sale, nobodies heart or soul was in the game.  It's all EA.  And EA says alot of things for every game in their portfolio to keep profits high.

     

    I admire your passion though.

    Not just the DR's. Most of the dev team and support are gone too.

    EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

  • ShadewoodShadewood BOLTONPosts: 8Member
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    Originally posted by Shadewood
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by Shadewood
    I couldn't care less if they objecfiy women, just as long as I can get a similar outfit for my male character, which exposes a nice amount of man flesh and abs. I was highly dissappointed to see no such item for a male character on the list, which is a shame considering the amount of straight female and gay male players who play the game, who may want to buy such an item. Get with the times, Bioware. If you're going to objectify one gender, at least objectify the other in similar ways; or none at all. 

    Lots of posts still on forum requesting SSR. One day BioWare will cave in and add it. There were speculations that Lucas did not agree to it (we all know BioWare is not shy about it). The question is if it was the truth and if it was, if changing from Lucas to Disney will change it.

    It's not about "caving", this is a Bioware game, and if you've played previous Bioware games, they've features SGRA's [Jade Empire, KOTOR, Dragon Age, Mass Effect]. So it's only natural when people play these previous games, that many come to expect similar themes in SWTOR. The company dared to be different, set a progressive stance and stuck with it in their previous games. That's the problem, really. To make matters worse, Bioware stated "Same Gender Romance Arcs" would be added "SHORTLY" after launch. Its been nearly a year, so I can hardly blame people for being dissappointed with the company.  If it was reversed. and OGRA's were cut, many would be annoyed too. Especially since these were naturally, also in Bioware games.

    And about Disney, well.. Disney's gotten a lot more proggressive over the years. They have equal employee spousal benefits for same sex couples, along with allowing allowing same sex weddings in their parks. There's also "Gay Day" in Disney World, which is one of the largest pride parades held in the world. I think there's a good chance Disney's probably not going to get involved.

    I think the difference is all those other games were singleplayer. You never had to see a bunch of "gay" characters running around or kissing in cutscenes unless you wanted to play that way. In an online game, it's hard to have that content without offending those who don't want to see it/have it around them.

    Me personally, I don't care. I'm just explaining a probable reason.

    Same Gendered content would purely optional, just like oppossite gendered content is. It's not like you're not going to have a lightsaber to your throat, with some sith lord saying "PICK THE OPTION TO FLIRT WITH THE GUY, or I will sever your head". Also, companion cutscenes are an entirely private affair, so the only way people are going to know about your same gendered romance with your smokin' companion, is it you tell someone about it. 

    The only way anybody is going to be "offended", is if they choose to be offended. It's simple as that.

  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Centreville, VAPosts: 1,690Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by wonderwise
    "sad"? beautiful! slave look right there.

    My Assasin loves his slave/apprentice and always encourage her to wear her favorite outfit. Need to get better screenshot :)

    image

    image

    image
    Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Fresno, CAPosts: 615Member
    Originally posted by Shadewood
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    Originally posted by Shadewood
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by Shadewood
    I couldn't care less if they objecfiy women, just as long as I can get a similar outfit for my male character, which exposes a nice amount of man flesh and abs. I was highly dissappointed to see no such item for a male character on the list, which is a shame considering the amount of straight female and gay male players who play the game, who may want to buy such an item. Get with the times, Bioware. If you're going to objectify one gender, at least objectify the other in similar ways; or none at all. 

    Lots of posts still on forum requesting SSR. One day BioWare will cave in and add it. There were speculations that Lucas did not agree to it (we all know BioWare is not shy about it). The question is if it was the truth and if it was, if changing from Lucas to Disney will change it.

    It's not about "caving", this is a Bioware game, and if you've played previous Bioware games, they've features SGRA's [Jade Empire, KOTOR, Dragon Age, Mass Effect]. So it's only natural when people play these previous games, that many come to expect similar themes in SWTOR. The company dared to be different, set a progressive stance and stuck with it in their previous games. That's the problem, really. To make matters worse, Bioware stated "Same Gender Romance Arcs" would be added "SHORTLY" after launch. Its been nearly a year, so I can hardly blame people for being dissappointed with the company.  If it was reversed. and OGRA's were cut, many would be annoyed too. Especially since these were naturally, also in Bioware games.

    And about Disney, well.. Disney's gotten a lot more proggressive over the years. They have equal employee spousal benefits for same sex couples, along with allowing allowing same sex weddings in their parks. There's also "Gay Day" in Disney World, which is one of the largest pride parades held in the world. I think there's a good chance Disney's probably not going to get involved.

    I think the difference is all those other games were singleplayer. You never had to see a bunch of "gay" characters running around or kissing in cutscenes unless you wanted to play that way. In an online game, it's hard to have that content without offending those who don't want to see it/have it around them.

    Me personally, I don't care. I'm just explaining a probable reason.

    Same Gendered content would purely optional, just like oppossite gendered content is. It's not like you're not going to have a lightsaber to your throat, with some sith lord saying "PICK THE OPTION TO FLIRT WITH THE GUY, or I will sever your head". Also, companion cutscenes are an entirely private affair, so the only way people are going to know about your same gendered romance with your smokin' companion, is it you tell someone about it. 

    The only way anybody is going to be "offended", is if they choose to be offended. It's simple as that.

    Apparently, you've been asleep for the last 20 years of "political correctness". Everything offends somebody nowadays.

    EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

  • UronksurUronksur Redmond, WAPosts: 311Member Uncommon

    About the same-gender relationships, I really hate to say it, but I think a lot of you are underestimating just how bigoted a lot of people still are about such things.

     

    Good God, I remember watching election coverage and watching CNN interview conservative Evangelical Christian voters in Ohio or Iowa or something, and they were just fine telling the media that they were voting for Romney to keep those horrible gay people in the closet and from destroying this super-awesome Christian nation with their nefarious evil gay agenda and how they just couldn't see how any True Christian(TM) could ever support those wicked homosexuals and baby killing so Obama must be either a secret atheist/muslim/socialist.

    This caused me to lose faith in humanity somewhat. So you might have to consider the possiblity that EA/Bioware hasn't implemented them yet because they are afraid of a market backlash of parents screaming that EA/Bioware is trying to indoctrinate their children with the liberal agenda. Remember that while these same-sex relationships were in Dragon Age and Mass Effect (I think, right?), those games were rated M while SWTOR is T, and could possibly have more children playing. And even then, same-sex relationships in DA and ME were hardly announced too loudly.

     

    And even with ALL of that, a moronic Fox News segment still labled Mass Effect as some depraved alien sex simulator. Here, you can watch it for laughs and more evidence that Fox News is pure idiocy not to mention Fox getting totally humilated. 

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKzF173GqTU

     

    By the way, I studied psych in college so I hope you will give me some credit when I say that Fox's "psychologist" is full of crap.

  • RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHPosts: 5,206Member Uncommon

    what I find funny about the same-sex romance comments ... is what happens when I say "why not also add the option to have a child slave".

     

     

    image

  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Centreville, VAPosts: 1,690Member Uncommon

    The meaning of tolerance is to be tolerant to all points of views. We might not be able to understand or comprehend others but we should respect their views, as long as they do not impart them on others.

    Until people will have more love and tolerance for others and accept everybody for who he/she is... we will always have problem. I understand though that bioWare wants to play safe, the only way they can indroduce it to game imo, is if there will be toogle on and off.

    image
    Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

  • KarteliKarteli Providence, PAPosts: 2,646Member
    Originally posted by Uronksur

    About the same-gender relationships, I really hate to say it, but I think a lot of you are underestimating just how bigoted a lot of people still are about such things.

     

    Good God, I remember watching election coverage and watching CNN interview conservative Evangelical Christian voters in Ohio or Iowa or something, and they were just fine telling the media that they were voting for Romney to keep those horrible gay people in the closet and from destroying this super-awesome Christian nation with their nefarious evil gay agenda and how they just couldn't see how any True Christian(TM) could ever support those wicked homosexuals and baby killing so Obama must be either a secret atheist/muslim/socialist.

    This caused me to lose faith in humanity somewhat. So you might have to consider the possiblity that EA/Bioware hasn't implemented them yet because they are afraid of a market backlash of parents screaming that EA/Bioware is trying to indoctrinate their children with the liberal agenda. Remember that while these same-sex relationships were in Dragon Age and Mass Effect (I think, right?), those games were rated M while SWTOR is T, and could possibly have more children playing. And even then, same-sex relationships in DA and ME were hardly announced too loudly.

     

    And even with ALL of that, a moronic Fox News segment still labled Mass Effect as some depraved alien sex simulator. Here, you can watch it for laughs and more evidence that Fox News is pure idiocy not to mention Fox getting totally humilated. 

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKzF173GqTU

     

    By the way, I studied psych in college so I hope you will give me some credit when I say that Fox's "psychologist" is full of crap.

    Older games had SG twists, it's not anything new.  Politicians treat it as such because ... they are biggots.

     

    It was somewhere around Ultima 4-6, in the 80's early 90's when the main character met a group of traveling gypsies.  Sex preference was inquired upon.  It was part of the adventure :P  It didn't affect the overall story.

     

    I'm less inclined to buy EA Games now because I think they are a bunch of liars.  I think they are still promising SGRA, even though they promised it last year .. /sigh

    Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

  • YamotaYamota LondonPosts: 6,620Member
    Haha, pretty pathetic. This if anything shows what a ridicilous cash grab this game is. But then again every SW item released in the last decade was.
  • WhitebeardsWhitebeards TokyoPosts: 778Member

    Of all the flaws and shortcomings this is what people focus on and talk about for 14 pages.

    o..O

  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Centreville, VAPosts: 1,690Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Haha, pretty pathetic. This if anything shows what a ridicilous cash grab this game is. But then again every SW item released in the last decade was.

    What's ridiculous is that people try to picture companies as cash grabs just because they want to earn money.

    Why Victoria's Secret is selling sexy outfits instead of full coverage bra and panties? because it sells.

    And nobody force anybody to buy them. There are already similar outfits in game.

    Let the free market decide it if will sell or not. Last I checked we were still living in capitalism, unless something changed here.

    image
    Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

  • YamotaYamota LondonPosts: 6,620Member
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Haha, pretty pathetic. This if anything shows what a ridicilous cash grab this game is. But then again every SW item released in the last decade was.

    What's ridiculous is that people try to picture companies as cash grabs just because they want to earn money.

    Why Victoria's Secret is selling sexy outfits instead of full coverage bra and panties? because it sells.

    And nobody force anybody to buy them. There are already similar outfits in game.

    Let the free market decide it if will sell or not. Last I checked we were still living in capitalism, unless something changed here.

    So SW is now Victorias Secret? Believe it or not there are some of us who likes the SW franchise and dont want to to be ridiculed by games like SW:TOR and their silliness.

  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Centreville, VAPosts: 1,690Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Haha, pretty pathetic. This if anything shows what a ridicilous cash grab this game is. But then again every SW item released in the last decade was.

    What's ridiculous is that people try to picture companies as cash grabs just because they want to earn money.

    Why Victoria's Secret is selling sexy outfits instead of full coverage bra and panties? because it sells.

    And nobody force anybody to buy them. There are already similar outfits in game.

    Let the free market decide it if will sell or not. Last I checked we were still living in capitalism, unless something changed here.

    So SW is now Victorias Secret? Believe it or not there are some of us who likes the SW franchise and dont want to to be ridiculed by games like SW:TOR and their silliness.

    It's a game. A little bit of silliness is welcomed. Besides we Sith... like to have variety in our wardrobe:)

    image
    Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

  • ProblemProblem Bedford, OHPosts: 71Member Uncommon
    Hm. Actually me gusta.

    Citizen: Preach your filth elsewhere!

  • KarteliKarteli Providence, PAPosts: 2,646Member
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Haha, pretty pathetic. This if anything shows what a ridicilous cash grab this game is. But then again every SW item released in the last decade was.

    What's ridiculous is that people try to picture companies as cash grabs just because they want to earn money.

    Why Victoria's Secret is selling sexy outfits instead of full coverage bra and panties? because it sells.

    And nobody force anybody to buy them. There are already similar outfits in game.

    Let the free market decide it if will sell or not. Last I checked we were still living in capitalism, unless something changed here.

    Mall shop space rental is really expensive ...just a thought on Victoria's Secret.

    Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

  • KarteliKarteli Providence, PAPosts: 2,646Member
    Originally posted by Robokapp

    what I find funny about the same-sex romance comments ... is what happens when I say "why not also add the option to have a child slave".

     

    An intersting allegory.

     

    Adopting the Roman and Greek empires?

     

    I guess I see where Robokapp was going.  Why stop at one issue when you can have it all?

     

    Star Wars didn't include same-sex in the story.  It was largely the fans who found out for themselves.  Some Did, and some didn't.  I'm not even going to try at numbers.

     

    Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Centreville, VAPosts: 1,690Member Uncommon

    Well guys. Your dream has come true.

    Covert Torso Energy Armor chest is invisivle to naked eye.

    Here is Corso wearing the chest piece

    image

    image
    Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

  • PyukPyuk Eugene, ORPosts: 691Member Uncommon
    Because when all else fails, fall back onto the lowest common denominator. 

    I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

  • evianwaterevianwater New Braunfels, TXPosts: 308Member

    Total war sells a "add blood" package for 5 bucks..but you're concerned about skimpy outfits ? 

     

     

  • ShadewoodShadewood BOLTONPosts: 8Member
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

    Well guys. Your dream has come true.

    Covert Torso Energy Armor chest is invisivle to naked eye.

    Here is Corso wearing the chest piece

    image

    Woot woot! *fanboy scream* :) 

     

    HAH! Nice to see some male objectification, for once. I have a tiny bit more respect for Bioware now. 

12346»
Sign In or Register to comment.