Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes to dungeon loot confirmed!

livespartanlivespartan Member Posts: 71

Source:https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/Changes-to-Dungeon-loot/first#post743227

Hey Folks,
This patch will see a reworked loot system for dungeons. We realize our current system is lacking, and we have been working hard to correct that. I’m here to detail a bit about what is going to happen, and what you can expect.

So what did we do?
We selected three specific sub-bosses throughout each dungeon chain and developed special drops for them that are influenced by your character’s Magic Find. We also gave those three sub-bosses a guaranteed item called a “Bag of Wondrous Goods” which will give the players a consumable Karma item worth 400 karma, and a consumable monetary item worth up to 4 silver. In explorable dungeons, the bag will also reward three tokens specific to the dungeon.
We realize some explorable chains don’t have as many bosses within them, so we made sure to account for this and updated as many event rewarded chests as needed to ensure balance between all the explorable paths.

We hope these fixes address the issues with dungeon rewards that we have been seeing. As always we will be watching and balancing as new situations arise, but we feel confident that the improvements we have made will make dungeon more rewarding. We’re always looking to expand and better the system though, and regard this in a step in the right direction.

Comments

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Will players still look like Mexican Jumping Beans bouncng around the dungeons?

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by livespartan

Source:https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/Changes-to-Dungeon-loot/first#post743227

Hey Folks,
    This patch will see a reworked loot system for dungeons. We realize our current system is lacking, and we have been working hard to correct that. I’m here to detail a bit about what is going to happen, and what you can expect.

So what did we do?
    We selected three specific sub-bosses throughout each dungeon chain and developed special drops for them that are influenced by your character’s Magic Find. We also gave those three sub-bosses a guaranteed item called a “Bag of Wondrous Goods” which will give the players a consumable Karma item worth 400 karma, and a consumable monetary item worth up to 4 silver. In explorable dungeons, the bag will also reward three tokens specific to the dungeon.
    We realize some explorable chains don’t have as many bosses within them, so we made sure to account for this and updated as many event rewarded chests as needed to ensure balance between all the explorable paths.

We hope these fixes address the issues with dungeon rewards that we have been seeing. As always we will be watching and balancing as new situations arise, but we feel confident that the improvements we have made will make dungeon more rewarding. We’re always looking to expand and better the system though, and regard this in a step in the right direction.

Influenced by Magic find?

TT

The rest sounds great.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by livespartan

Hey Folks,

So what did we do?

Influenced by Magic find?

TT

The rest sounds great.

I guess they figure if you go into a dungeon with your gear setup for Magic Find you deserve better stuff. /shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261

So +magic find gear/mods is the new elite gear I take it ? :P

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

I must be one of the few who actually likes the MF mechanic.

My reasoning is based on risk vs reward.

You wear more MF gear to get better rewards…but risk being weaker and not completing it.

Its like creating a self scaling hardmode for better loot, brilliant imo.

• VlidVlid Member Posts: 7

Edit

found the way thnks

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970
    Originally posted by Vlid

im very disappointed..

Guess what..

you have to subscribe in order to enable quickbars...

want more reasons?

SWTOR is that way ->

Anyways this is pretty good news. MF can be obtained with just food if you dont feel like going out and getting some mf pieces. At least now dungeon runs will have a reason to not skip half the bosses in the dungeon. 

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by krage

You wear more MF gear to get better rewards…but risk being weaker and not completing it.

It also means everyone should bring MF which adds nothing to the team.

While you are on your own is one thing but in Dungeon PUGs situations if you don't bring MF, something that is self focused, you are losing out - selfish behaviour is being rewarded.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by krage

I agree with this.

I like it because it makes the content more challenging, and gives you more rewards as a result. Especially if you are running w/ a sigil of luck, there is that extra incentive to avoid being downed (and losing all 25 of your stacks).

I was kinda bummed by how hard they nerfed MF, but I'm glad they are making it more relevant again.

I'm sure players will act like they 'have to have it', because there will always be people like that, but I like the option. I do hope they add a build / gear management feature soon, though. I'm constantly swapping equipment & builds, and I always end up forgetting to swap a trait or skill out before a fight. Very frustrating, lol.