Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ANet missinformation and censorship on the official forums

Comments

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    Originally posted by MsGamerlady

I'm thinking they're deleting post that aren't constructive. They're similar to these forums where you have many post by frustrated consumers who don't know how to breach an issue with out being overly dramatic. Tactful well thought out post go a long way in relations to a company. If one can't do that any clamoring will be by and large non-productive.

*bows* perfect. Best response award.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

I'm thinking they're deleting post that aren't constructive. They're similar to these forums where you have many post by frustrated consumers who don't know how to breach an issue with out being overly dramatic. Tactful well thought out post go a long way in relations to a company. If one can't do that any clamoring will be by and large non-productive.

This is what I believe happens with any game forum, but eh well.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

They have started now to delete ANY post and ban players mentioning the word ANet or quoting any ANet employee. That is hardly the way to deal with your customers.

I don't think that the OP was in any way unconstructive, non-productive or offensive.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

I think its called  legendary   "Daikatana" effect

Atleast Romero was a man and apologized 10 years later.

Let's internet

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    I logged yesterday on GW2 after like a month, the population drop was huge, i mean i was in the myst with just 2 more players,   and olny 5 16/16 PvP maps running, but the best thing of this is that the server was full. Maybe Anet dont want you to know the real state of the game. 
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

A lot of people notices smaller number of bots so yea they actually do something about it. they intorduced mobile authenticators last time I checked.

[mod edit]

• fayknaymfayknaym Member Posts: 125
    Man...I don't understand how people could dedicate so much time to nitpicking. Who cares? Just get over it.
  • zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

im at a loss at even what your complaining about

the game is good, if not better than  any other mmo  thats out

its buy to play

yeh its got problems none of them are major and  they are being fixed (just like every other mmo)

if your not happy  leave the game come back in 6 months  and most of what your asking will be fixed  and  it wont even cost you a subscription to  try it

its not even like its a buggy mess  which you cant play  it's fluid and really good fun to play

there is loads of content ,even at lvl 80 you can still do low level areas unlike all other mmo's

i really fail to see what the moaning is  all about  i   currently have  600 hours game time  my highest character is lvl 65 if it closed tomorrow i would feel i've had  my monies worth 5  times over 

sometimes i think people moan cause they really havent got anything else in there life

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

The people who have gotten in trouble or had their threads locked have only themselves to blame.    There are some simple rules over there, which I'll paraphrase:

1.  No personal attacks against the devs or customers.   You may think the Internet, or a game purchase, gives you license to be a douche, but they don't agree and they don't have to put up with your maladapted world-view and lack of social skills.  

2.  Don't spam the forums with threads that are already existent.   You're not a special snowflake to clog the message board with your personal bug-peeves.   Use the search function which they even mention you should use before thread creation in the TOS!!!   (You did READ the TOS, didn't you?  Of course you didn't.  Almost nobody does.  So why do I ask,?   Though, if you had read it, you wouldn't have these problems...)

3.  Stay on topic.  If you start thread hijacking, you're gonna get it.

Amazingly, you can particpate in those forums and not run afoul of any issue or find your threads closed and deleted if you follow those three simple rules...   Which are in the TOS you agreed to...

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Here's a post on the official server that's soon to be deleted....    The kind of 'innocent post' people come here to complain about:

Okamakiri.8746

The idiocy and fanboism in this thread is astounding. Not releasing planned changes WEEKS in advance is a terrible practice in any game. In 10+ years of MMOs, I have seen countless of examples of terrible design decisions being reversed or changed prior to patch going live because people were given ample time to discuss them, do the math, and bring to light issues with them BEFORE the devs just push them live and potentially cause permanent damage to the game. Using “get rich quick” schemes as an excuse to avoid this common industry practice is just pure stupidity.

Btw, it’s also a terrible practice to NOT have a scheduled down time for patches and hotfixes and to feel it’s perfectly fine to kitten on your customers with a 3 minute notice before you boot them from the game while they’re in the middle of an event or a dungeon run. Anyone defending such practice is either ignorant or blinded with their infatuation for the game.

This post will probably be deleted for making too much sense and being too blunt for this sensitive community.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Where-are-the-patchnotes-for-the-nov-15th-patch/first#post730043

At least he's self-aware he's gone too far.   But not self-aware enough to understand he's a complete jerk.    I'm sure, in a day or two, he'll start a thread about how 'mean' ANet is on some forum somewhere...   And a bunch of people will, as always, fall for it...

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

Well OP must be lying because as far as i know ANET never misleads or lies or wrongly advertise their games and always..always deliver what they promise. They put every feature in GW2 that they promised before release including this one.... Perpetual Bar Brawl.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Perpetual-bar-brawl-what-happened-to-it/first

Nope the bar brawl was not implimented along with a lot of other mini games that were supposed to have been implimented, they were all put on the back burner to work on other content.

Either you didnt read every statement that the devs made before release or you are being sarcastic, either way, Anet have lied about a lot of stuff they claimed in live interviews and pre-beta events.

I was hyped about a lot of things in GW2 which Anet devs said would be ingame and they never happened.

I don't know who I have least respect for anymore Anet or the fanbois.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

Jesus.... i even posted the link to the said feature. I guess OP didn't click on it? I wasn't making stuff up. Seriously, this was promised before release but never made into the game.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Perpetual-bar-brawl-what-happened-to-it/first

Bar Brawls.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

I am kind of sick of all the whiners out there. We lead by majority rule, not vocal minority. All this gnashing of teeth and stamping of feet just has to stop.

1. They fixed the security - bots, etc are almost non-exsistant

2. They are trying to give the MAJORITY what was asked, I don't think that is bad.

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334
    I wonder what ANet is doing to cause such anger and distrust amonst its userbase?
    Originally posted by biggarfoot
    Nope the bar brawl was not implimented along with a lot of other mini games that were supposed to have been implimented, they were all put on the back burner to work on other content.

Either you didnt read every statement that the devs made before release or you are being sarcastic, either way, Anet have lied about a lot of stuff they claimed in live interviews and pre-beta events.

I was hyped about a lot of things in GW2 which Anet devs said would be ingame and they never happened.

What do you think? no wonder my post disappeared. ;)

But yeah i was really looking forward to these mini games. If it was some other company players would be asking for their head on platter. 

Remember FC and AOC debacle? missing bar fights and stuff? but Anet gets free pass on everything.

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334

But yeah i was really looking forward to these mini games. If it was some other company players would be asking for their head on platter. 

Remember FC and AOC debacle? missing bar fights and stuff? but Anet gets free pass on everything.

I don't think they're getting quite the free pass you expect.  There are a few overly zealous defenders of the game on this forum and the official, but ANet is busy banning and deleting posts for a reason.  Just as many, if not more, folks are tired of  them.

Some are in already and other havew yet to be put in and others were taken out because players were exploiting them. There is nothing new that hasn't been done with any other game out there.

Diablo III login fiasco at the start of the game. WoW log in fiasco, Rift bots and gold spammers along with stolen accounts, etc. I could go on. It happens as games are written by humans.

Originally posted by botrytis

Some are in already and other havew yet to be put in and others were taken out because players were exploiting them. There is nothing new that hasn't been done with any other game out there.

Diablo III login fiasco at the start of the game. WoW log in fiasco, Rift bots and gold spammers along with stolen accounts, etc. I could go on. It happens as games are written by humans.

There we go again. You don't have to tell me about mess up in other games. I myself mentioned the AOC and the storm and anger it created when players realised that bar fights and other features that were promsied were missing from the release.

My post was simply a dig at the hardcore defenders who have been saying 'Anet delieverd everything it promised' and used to place them in heavens for always keeping their word. 'In Anet we trust' was their slogan.

I think everyone knows they are human..but these fans didn't relise that there are humans in other game companies too. I was simply talking a shot at the over zealous supporters. They do more harm than good.. Sooner o later this was going to blow in their face.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,367
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion
    Originally posted by taus01
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion

Sounds more like youre grasping at straws to me. Anet is sticking to their game plan and keeping the game as grind free as possible. But at the same time they want to deliver new content and new things to work towards for the players who like shiny things. Trying to find a happy balance between the two is hard - hell, I'd like to see you try it in practice.

But what's most astounding is that people are doing all this whining, bitching and moaning and are totally forgetting one fact. We're barely 3 months into the game's release and they're already bringing us new content.

On top of that their time table was very tight. They had August to release, september to prepare for the Holloween event, and then octover/early november to prepare for this. The fact that they are so organized internally that they can pull all of this off in a timely manner is quite impressive. Three months into release most other games were still fixing class balance issues and terrain glitches.

Which is what they should be doing since there are still hundreds of class bugs, balance issues and terrain glitches!

Not to mention them spending time on developing a "diminishing rewards system" to make up for their bad dungeon design that was so full of holes (literally) that every single dungeon had a shortcut. Yes, every single one had at least one exploit or still has them.

Screw the new content, fix the game.

And what you're missing is that they are fixing them. Did you know that when the Lost Shores opens there will be a patch to add massive class changes; Some 20+ changes to the engineer alone. Most terrain glitches have been plugged up. Most DE's have been fixed though there's no denying the still existing broken ones. Most of the dungeons have been updated and shortcuts done away with. So your point is moot. They have multiple different teams working on different things. They are more than capable of fixing the game and bringing us new content at the same time. They can pat their head and rub their tummy too.

Yep.   This is a situation where better understanding of how devs actually work would help a lot.  There is no magic 'Fix it' Wand.   Things intended to spackle up one problem can introduce issues in other areas.  Smart companies actually make changes with slow deliberation, so as not to introduce new and perhaps more deadly problems.

It's not like the artists are going to be much good figuring out coding issues.  And it makes no sense to backburner things on their roadmap to only work on bugfixes.  The bugs are probably prioritized, both by the game issues they cause, and the difficulty of doing the fix. 

It's the nature of the beast, and if you want it done differently, you better find a different beast.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

There we go again. You don't have to tell me about mess up in other games. I myself mentioned the AOC and the storm and anger it created when players realised that bar fights and other features that were promsied were missing from the release.

My post was simply a dig at the hardcore defenders who have been saying 'Anet delieverd everything it promised' and used to place them in heavens for always keeping their word. 'In Anet we trust' was their slogan.

I think everyone knows they are humans... i was simply talkign about the over zealous supporters. They do more harm than good.

Actually overzealous EITHER WAY is not helpful. I am taking a wait and see attitude here.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Let it go.  Every forum out there is accussed of this.  It's is a private forum.  If they wanted to delete out the word 'the' from everything they wanted, they could.  Just go do an unoficial thread.  

Also,

For all of this supposed cesorship, I sure do see a lot of negative stuff on their forums to wonder who is moderateing for letting all of this bad stuff on their, but missing those all the ones that apply to only certain invidicuals.

Enough already

I self identify as a monkey.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

I'm just glad they are banning all the QQers. I just hope to see all these people out of the game asap, seriously. Those people are the plague of every single MMO because most of them are MMO hoppers and they won't ever be happy with any kind of MMO because they don't know how to love a great game for what it is, even if they clearly bought a game that wasn't for them.

Also, yeah like every single MMO ever had everything they promise on launch day.... At least Anet is able to fix content/bugs while being able to release new content, something most MMO devs aren't still able to do.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by SirFubar

I'm just glad they are banning all the QQers. I just hope to see all these people out of the game asap, seriously. Those people are the plague of every single MMO because most of them are MMO hoppers and they won't ever be happy with any kind of MMO because they don't know how to love of game for what it is, even if they clearly bought a game that wasn't for them.

Also, yeah like every single MMO ever had everything they promise on launch day.... At least Anet is able to fix content/bugs while being able to release new content, something most MMO devs aren't still able to do.

If you can't stand QQers, then perhaps this game is not the right one for you. For us fans, we know that many will not agree with Arenanet and that the QQ will happen; that is something we accepted when we decided to buy GW2. So again: if you don't like the QQ: you can always quit the game.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

I am kind of sick of all the whiners out there. We lead by majority rule, not vocal minority. All this gnashing of teeth and stamping of feet just has to stop.

2. They are trying to give the MAJORITY what was asked, I don't think that is bad.

Did they fix the botting issue or do something about it recently?  A friend and I play on Maguuma and we've spent countless times reporting botting.  They were everywhere and lots of them. 

Then suddenly this last week we were talking and realized we hadn't seen a single bot in about a week.  Not one.  Nadda.  Nothing.  Plus as of this week I've been playing quite a bit.  I just haven't noticed any bots.  Not a single one in a weeks time. 

Originally posted by Corehaven

Did they fix the botting issue or do something about it recently?  A friend and I play on Maguuma and we've spent countless times reporting botting.  They were everywhere and lots of them. 

Then suddenly this last week we were talking and realized we hadn't seen a single bot in about a week.  Not one.  Nadda.  Nothing.  Plus as of this week I've been playing quite a bit.  I just haven't noticed any bots.  Not a single one in a weeks time. 

See my post.

This discussion has been closed.