Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking back at MMOExposed's spotlight thread regarding Lacking of tanking mechanics leads to zergfe

13»

Comments

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

I am a part of a zerg busting group of my guild on SBI.  We usually have around 12 - 15 people on at a time.  Our job is to go around and send zergs back to thier spawn point so they spend most of thier time running across the map and regrouping. 

The lack of tanks has made the mechanics different, but at the end of the day, coordination (using combo fields and knowing your individual class/build) and team work trump zergs everytime.   Even when the zerg has a commander with them, they panic and run, making it a killing field.

Im sorry, the people who honestly believe WvW is some zergfest and nothing more; are the same people who mindlessly follow a group and put little thought or effort into thier gameplay.   Guild up and/or become an active member of the community and you will see a different side of the game.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

They didnt say there will be dedicated. What they DID say that each class could spec into being dedicated.

Did this happen ? No

1. Every class can do hell lot of damage - but some can do hell lot more < - Everyone can be nuker FAIL

2. Every class can tank - Yet tanking dungeon boss with elementalist , even Necro is cute , but not as effective as Guardian < - Everyone can be dedicated Tank FAIL

3. Every class can heal others - Yet Elementalist and Engineer can do it whole lot better - And no class can heal enough to keep people effectively alive - Dedicated Healer FAIL

No, you're wrong. They never said that. They said instead of the roles of dedicated tanks, healers and DPS you'd instead have combat broken down into damage, control and support. Every profession is fully capable of doing any/all of these functions, and it's practically impossible to build your character to where you only do one thing. We all do damage, help control the enemy and help support our allies. There's no, as promised, direct healing. There's no aggro-holding tanks. There's no pure dps. 

They delivered on this and did so brilliantly.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Maephisto

I am a part of a zerg busting group of my guild on SBI.  We usually have around 12 - 15 people on at a time.  Our job is to go around and send zergs back to thier spawn point so they spend most of thier time running across the map and regrouping. 

The lack of tanks has made the mechanics different, but at the end of the day, coordination (using combo fields and knowing your individual class/build) and team work trump zergs everytime.   Even when the zerg has a commander with them, they panic and run, making it a killing field.

Im sorry, the people who honestly believe WvW is some zergfest and nothing more; are the same people who mindlessly follow a group and put little thought or effort into thier gameplay.   Guild up and/or become an active member of the community and you will see a different side of the game.

Players are playing W v W as intended. Fights between huge number of players aka zerg vs zerg.

I belong to a medium size guild and we are always more than willing to look for good fights with odds stacked against us but when whole WVW design is made keeping huge numbers in mind, getting steamrolled by numbers much larger is inevtiable.

Unless, we call our enemies first and request them to bring equal numbers...easier said than done.

So step down from your high horse because W v W is about large numbers.

And the part i highlited is the most un original and vague tripe.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

Players are playing W v W as intended. Fights between huge number of players aka zerg vs zerg.

I belong to a medium size guild and we are always more than willing to look for good fights with odds stacked against us but when whole WVW design is made keeping huge numbers in mind, getting steamrolled by numbers much larger is inevtiable.

Unless, we call our enemies first and request them to bring equal numbers...easier said than done.

I say you are wrong.

Small groups, can work to starve supply out of an enemy area, making it easier to take towers. There are many other examples.

Is a large group going to be needed to take over a keep/garrison/SM with reinforced walls........yes.  I think that was intended.

If one thing has been proven time and again is people will make these broad sweeping statements like "WvW is just a zergfest" and many times over they are eventually proven wrong.  Please tell me more about vague tripe.

As for the "vague tripe" there are many (even on SBI) players without guilds that participate in WvW.  Furthermore, SBI is stacked with PVE guilds.  I can only assume many other serverrs are the same way.  If you are in a PVE guild or not in any guild, then it is safe to assume your enjoyment of WvW is not what it could be.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

I say you are wrong.

Small groups, can work to starve supply out of an enemy area, making it easier to take towers. There are many other examples.

Is a large group going to be needed to take over a keep/garrison/SM with reinforced walls........yes.  I think that was intended.

If one thing has been proven time and again is people will make these broad sweeping statements like "WvW is just a zergfest" and many times over they are eventually proven wrong.  Please tell me more about vague tripe.

As for the "vague tripe" there are many (even on SBI) players without guilds that participate in WvW.  Furthermore, SBI is stacked with PVE guilds.  I can only assume many other serverrs are the same way.  If you are in a PVE guild or not in any guild, then it is safe to assume your enjoyment of WvW is not what it could be.

Dude i belong to a PVP guild on Desolation. We are among top 3 PVP servers in EU so you don't have to tell me about the strategies in W v W. That is all our guild does on daily basis. But when you are matched against  servers like BT and French VS. It is a whole different ball game.

But we understand that because W v W is called so for a reason. It is one whole server against the other so ofcourse it encourages zerging. So yeah i can tell you more about the vague tripe but i am taking the design as it is and not trying to preach anyone that they are playing it wrong. If you don't want zerg or don't like it stick to S PVP or get ready to be rolled over again and again by huge numbers and when that happens take it like a man lol

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by bartoni33
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by Karteli
    GW2 is a really boring game.  Something needs to be done.

Well he didn't say that, but he did say it would be zergfest.

you agree?

Who the hell are you then?

At this point I think he meant to post OP as an alt account. Or all the forum power has gone to his head!image

Ah, yes, the old sock-puppet gambit.   There was a big-blow-up in a certain neck of the Internet woods a few years ago...    Guy had so many sock-puppet accounts he forgot who was saying and doing what and BOOM, major blow-up...

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    To me the issue has nothing to do with the lack of tanks or trinity it just comes down to piss poor dungeon/boss design.  Just because mobs have high HP and do a lot of damage does not make an encounter any more interesting or challenging.  There's been 0 boss/dungeon mechanics I've really found to be enjoyable or unique.  In fact GW2 instanced dungeon content is my least favorite of all time.  I've never been a dungeon fan in any game though.

Steam: Neph

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

When I was twelve years old, I decided to talk in third person for a day.  I lasted almost half an hour before I gave up because of how dumb I realized it was.  That was a decade and a half ago for me.

And you know something?  I still think it's dumb.

You wouldnt believe how much I laughed at that.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Wait ... isn't making a thread with a possible inflammatory topic, then letting the thread turn into a wildfire... baiting?

I guess he's just asking questions though, questions ....

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Originally posted by Redemp

Wait ... isn't making a thread with a possible inflammatory topic, then letting the thread turn into a wildfire... baiting?

I guess he's just asking questions though, questions ....

Just report and move on. MMOExposed has been subtly bashing GW2 since before August...not a day goes by I don't see him subtly bashing GW2.

BTW, if he has a 2nd account (which I assume he thought he was posting on), is against MMORPG.com site rules.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223

Lady Euphei wants to be included before the thread is locked.

Also, explorables take team work.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Linking to an old thread instead of necroing it is the way to do it, but the presentation here just triggered the responses you can see.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.