Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those of you looking to log on....

13»

Comments

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Originally posted by Z3R01
    Originally posted by moguy2
    Originally posted by Z3R01
    Originally posted by moguy2

Seriously, you folks make a thread about their servers not being up ? You realize just because its free to play doesnt mean its OMG BETTER . The gripes you had months ago are still going to be there. That single player feeling , is still there. The wierd bugs that dont ever seem to be addressed, yep still there. But by golly lets bitch about them not letting you BACK into the game that sucked before, but for free.

People will moan regardless and the lemonings will follow. Have fun doing this same crap over, just for free =(

What the hell is a lemoning? 

You ever hear a word in your head and then your fat fingers spell something else. Lol ! Yep, another reason why I need to diet. Thanks for the catch though.

Im sitting here at work picturing a bunch of lemons following people around. Made me laugh. 

And now I have the same picture in my head.  Um, maybe we are onto something?!?!

• AirtaeeAirtaee Member UncommonPosts: 84
    I'm starting t othink they deleted the game "by accident" so they can claim the insurance and turn off this big pile of fail with some dignity.
  • tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by achesoma
    Originally posted by Airtaee

Sadly performance is totally random atm.

The memory leak is a huge problem that BW can state or solve so after 2 hours of play if you have less than 16GB RAM the game is like a cancer for your system.

Lag is random for players, you can run smooth one day and can't even walk other with less people on screen.

Of course there is always a dude who doesn't have any problems and say is your fault... Sadly must be fault of the 90% of the people who have lag issues, random disconections and insane lag spikes.

16GB of RAM image  Holy cow!  Maybe that's why I had problems.  I've got 8GB.  Performance was a huge issue for me and the main contributing factor for me quitting.  My rig is over 4 years old but I played WoW, LOTRO, Rift, TSW, and GW2 with no issues.  I thought the whole purpose of the heavy instancing and "stylized" graphics was for better performance.  But what do I know, I'm not a techy guy.

Don't sweat it. The game says it needs XP 1.5 gigs, Vista 7.0 2.0 gigs of Ram. If you go on the forums and say you are experiencing performance problems someone will say you need 4 gigs. If you say you hae 4, theyll tell you you need 8. If you say you have 8 they 'll say you need 16. If you say you have 16, they'll say you need 32. If you say you have 32 gigs of ram they'll tell you you need a dedicated solid state hard drive. If you say you have that, they'll tell you you need a RAM drive. If you say you have a RAM drive, they'll tell you you need a state of the art processor. If you say you have that they'll ask you if you have Nvidia or ATI/AMD, if you say you have both they'll ask if you are running SLI, crossfire. If you say you've tried both configurations they'll ask you if you have a 1,500 watt power supply. If you say you do they'll ask how often you defraf your hard drive/ run virus scans ad infintium. It will never end. Someone out there will say they are running a x486 PC running DOS and getting 200 fps on fleet with an intergrated video card.

Tangential but rellevant.

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261

Find it amusing , ironic , and sad all at the same time ,

that on the anniversary date of the NGE debacle for SWG , EA/Bioware is changing to a "pay us for a skill toolbar" model less than a year after launch , and kicks it off with a massive extended maintenance we don't know whats wrong , no ETA fubar.

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602

Great start to f2p life and a great insight of the sort of treatment that has plagued this game since launch. You'd think with them announcing the f2p date, they'd all be prepared, have their QA team (LOLOLOLOLOLOL) make sure everything is ready to roll out the following week with minimum fuss especialy seeing as they set a date.. but nope something has gone wrong AGAIN. Before fanboys go there, yes things go wrong and to predict these sort of things is impossible but the frequency of these occurences that subscribers have had to endure shows the sort of level of care and attention bEAware put into the game. 

Funnily enough or at least I really hope to be the case, the 12 hour ETA was set as to take away the pressure off them incase something goes wrong. The fact they can't even do a patch in that 12 hour time says it all imho. It's sad really as I still think this game has potential providing bEAware take the right approach to secure the game's future. Sadly, today is just further proof that the incompetant people who worked on the game are still there and as incompetant as ever. 

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    1:00pm pst and still no servers.
  • Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261
    Originally posted by Senden

Great start to f2p life and a great insight of the sort of treatment that has plagued this game since launch. You'd think with them announcing the f2p date, they'd all be prepared, have their QA team (LOLOLOLOLOLOL) make sure everything is ready to roll out the following week with minimum fuss especialy seeing as they set a date.. but nope something has gone wrong AGAIN. Before fanboys go there, yes things go wrong and to predict these sort of things is impossible but the frequency of these occurences that subscribers have had to endure shows the sort of level of care and attention bEAware put into the game. 

Funnily enough or at least I really hope to be the case, the 12 hour ETA was set as to take away the pressure off them incase something goes wrong. The fact they can't even do a patch in that 12 hour time says it all imho. It's sad really as I still think this game has potential providing bEAware take the right approach to secure the game's future. Sadly, today is just further proof that the incompetant people who worked on the game are still there and as incompetant as ever. 

Wait , wait.

Are you implying that after all the failed sales and sub numbers, the raping the game and company has taken from reviews to financials, the exodus of everyone from Reid the PR man to the founders of Bioware , that just maybe , EA should have had all hands on , tested everything excruciatingly , to at least try and put a good foot forward on the launch day of its NGE/FTP version of SWTOR and not screw up the FTP launch also ?

• AirtaeeAirtaee Member UncommonPosts: 84

Sadly, today is just further proof that the incompetant people who worked on the game are still there and as incompetant as ever. 

Lol there is someone still there? I thought they fired everybody already.

That could explain a 15+ hours patch.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Dahkot72

Wait , wait.

Are you implying that after all the failed sales and sub numbers, the raping the game and company has taken from reviews to financials, the exodus of everyone from Reid the PR man to the founders of Bioware , that just maybe , EA should have had all hands on , tested everything excruciatingly , to at least try and put a good foot forward on the launch day of its NGE/FTP version of SWTOR and not screw up the FTP launch also ?

im pretty sure thats against company regulations.. or somethingimage

personally im putting odds on favourite that they're trying to work out how many cartel coins they can charge people for a working server image

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Dayum they have some bad programmers.
  • KariTRKariTR Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by RoyalPhunk

Well servers are online now...at last.

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by KariTR

Well servers are online now...at last.

US up, Europe down. APAC-mixed bag.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

*Edit- Europe up, APAC up. US up except Ebon Hawk. Almost there.

**Edit Edit-All servers up. Now we shall see what we see.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

as bad as the ones who wrote the game design?

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !