Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has the mass exodus begun for GW2?

Comments

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123
    if by mass exodus you mean drastically increased pop with more than half the servers full at all times and ANet constantly increasing server capacity, then you would be right. 
  • WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by umie214
    if by mass exodus you mean drastically increased pop with more than half the servers full at all times and ANet constantly increasing server capacity, then you would be right. 

You can not answer one BS with another. Unless you have your own version of definition for  'constantly'. 

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531
    LOL!!  Quitting a MMO"RPG" because it's becoming a grind fest?  So GW2 had no grind to begin with?  I can see why people were bitching about it LOL!!!    I'll quit my life because I don't have a 12" crotch!!  ROFL!!   My God you people....always know how to make me smile!! :D
  • Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

People were leaving because there was nothing left to do in the game...

They add in a random dungeon with insane replay value and people still complain.

I can't speak for anyone else but when i think of gear progression in pve i think of raiding and last I checked this new dungeon is small man content. 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    There is no mass exodus, especially regarding that thread you point out.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I don't understand some of you GW2 fans.  Forget MMORPGs, why do you even like RPGs?  You're clearly against one of the principles the entire genre was founded upon.

Originally posted by Whitebeards

You can not answer one BS with another. Unless you have your own version of definition for  'constantly'. 

pretty easy to see. yesterday, about 24 hours ago, more than half the servers full. today, theyre all high. this has occurred on multiple occasions, where servers went from full to high in  a day (at same times of each day), which means theyre increasing capacity. 

Originally posted by SuperXero89

I don't understand some of you GW2 fans.  Forget MMORPGs, why do you even like RPGs?  You're clearly against one of the principles the entire genre was founded upon.

im all for a principle called FUN. and GW2 has plenty of it. MMO, RPG, ARPG, i dont give a damn. MMO's in general are a terrible genre. 

• Angerfist.6201Angerfist.6201 Member Posts: 1

There definitely is a mass exodus.  I have countless friends who no longer play GW2.

I left because there is no endgame once you hit level 80 and I have done that on multiple characters.  Obtaining a legendary weapon is not endgame. 

The dungeons are pointless. 

The marks for every different dungeon like CM, SoE, Ascalon and CoF etc. are ridiculous.  My friend who had an 80 mesmer in full exotic who never plays anymore told me that WoW learned that different marks are bullshit a long time ago.

The three world bosses are ridiculous.  It's like watching thousands of lemmings.  There is no strategy. 

Sorry Arenanet, there's no endgame.  Go see FFXI if you need to see what an endgame is about.

Yeah, I'm a PvE player. sosumi.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

pretty easy to see. yesterday, about 24 hours ago, more than half the servers full. today, theyre all high. this has occurred on multiple occasions, where servers went from full to high in  a day (at same times of each day), which means theyre increasing capacity. 

Damn you are smart. I like the way you think!!

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by Angerfist.6201

There definitely is a mass exodus.  I have countless friends who no longer play GW2.

I left because there is no endgame once you hit level 80 and I have done that on multiple characters.  Obtaining a legendary weapon is not endgame. 

The dungeons are pointless. 

The marks for every different dungeon like CM, SoE, Ascalon and CoF etc. are ridiculous.  My friend who had an 80 mesmer in full exotic who never plays anymore told me that WoW learned that different marks are bullshit a long time ago.

The three world bosses are ridiculous.  It's like watching thousands of lemmings.  There is no strategy. 

Sorry Arenanet, there's no endgame.  Go see FFXI if you need to see what an endgame is about.

Yeah, I'm a PvE player. sosumi.

This describes my GW2 experience pretty much spot on.  I started this game in a guild of 50 or so people and it grew a little. I had a friends list with others I knew from prior to GW2 and a handful I met playing GW2. 

It is completely dead. Not  a single player is still playing GW2. They did not switch servers, they did not go to a different guild, they are done, at least for now.

It may or may not be a mass exodus on a game wide level, but it sure as hell was for me and my wife.

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

using the *exact same logic*, one could say people are leaving (hence full -> high) and they are REDUCING capacity (if they are renting the servers - they are - it reduces cost) - so they turn up as FULL again later. Thus providing the "constantly" part of your assesment.

Exact same logic. Same chance of being correct. Ball. Court. Pure pwnage.

• Twilight33Twilight33 Member UncommonPosts: 37

meh i stopped playing when i realized the game wasnt really GW2. just some garbage anet slapped the GW2 name on thats an attempt at a game to appeal to the general masses. guild wars was all about PvP, Guilds, and Character Build Design. GW2 is none of these.

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Twilight33

meh i stopped playing when i realized the game wasnt really GW2. just some garbage anet slapped the GW2 name on thats an attempt at a game to appeal to the general masses. guild wars was all about PvP, Guilds, and Character Build Design. GW2 is none of these.

On top of not having good pvp boards, it seems pigeonholed into dps builds. I dont see any healing or control too many gap closers and combat is a claustrophobic zerg fest. If you are not going to have world pvp in a real way, then the pvp you do have has to be engrossing. The " maps " just make things worse since they are less maps and more small areas. They seem to want to push a pro condition build, burst damage only combat system so you have everyone spamming condition stacks and its just boring as hell. I mean I played trap ranger and did well, but its just boring. Any theory crafter who looks at his handful of skills and limited weapon options will be dissapointed from the get go. But even the supposedly diverse hybrids we were supposed to be able to make, anything not condition or crit spec has been gimped to the point of uselessness. Whats the heal from vampiric now? Something totally pathetic.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Tokken

kinda, but they can come back when they want since it is not a sub game.

the new grind disappoints me though. I was hoping we would not go in that direction.

Regardless of it being a sub game or not, people usually always come back to MMO's periodically.  The $15 fee isn't nearly as much of an issue as people make it out to be when it comes to wanting to scratch a certain MMO itch.

You make me like charity

• Anaba77Anaba77 Member Posts: 33

fail thread with totally false headlines...

/endofstory

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

The Exodus started in week 2 from release, when people started hitting level cap or got bored of heart grinding.

Now it's just the time when even those that "play it right" are leaving.

But you can always come back whenever you want, since it's B2P. Like Tetris.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• Anaba77Anaba77 Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

The Exodus started in week 2 from release, when people started hitting level cap or got bored of heart grinding.

Now it's just the time when even those that "play it right" are leaving.

But you can always come back whenever you want, since it's B2P. Like Tetris.

are you stating this so called "exodus" perhaps with some stupid Xfire numbers ?

/just asking

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

I'm with the OP on this. It isnt that im against gear grinds. It is the dishonesty that is making me back away from the game. I still play it, but now i see my time there as rather temporary. Im only there till i find something else that shows promise. While i may continue to play that game, i will no longer support it with my money.

I purchased GW2 based on the game i played and the direction the dev's informed us it was going when it released. It is no longer that kind of game now. We were told we could play it however we wanted and reguardless of what we prefer to do, we could get max stat end game gear by doing open world pve, dungeons(any), crafting, or pvp. Now we can only get max stat gear from a single dungeon (making all the other dungeons a waste of time now for those who dont care about aesthetics and making it harder to get groups for those that do).

They say that legendaries will be equal to the new tier but since legendaries do not have the new resistance, they are actually inferiour since they are the same stats but without resistance. Which means that even if you have a legendary you will still need to obtain one of the new tier weapons anyway to be able to get into the higher lvl dungeon content.

The new gear tier is unnecessary. It creates more problems and destroys thier credibility. It is also being used as a content gate with the varying resistance upgrades that will be put into it, making it yet another artificial barrier to playing with others which is something else they claimed they would not do.

So yeah, dont mind gear grinds. I mind being lied to. If they never made the kind of claims they did about what the game was supposed to be, i wouldnt care. But i feel betrayed and as much as i used to cheerlead for them before on these forums, i will no longer spend any more effort on singing praises that Arenanet clearly doesnt deserve.

• SircaSirca Member UncommonPosts: 110
    This game is becoming a grind fest for no life players. My interest went drastically down following this so called “massive contente update”. Gratz Anet!
  • wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by Nailzzz

I'm with the OP on this. It isnt that im against gear grinds. It is the dishonesty that is making me back away from the game.

Well said. It's relatively easy to tolerate shortcomings (at least to some extent) because no game is perfect. As long as developers genuinely try to impove their product any outstanding issues should be taken with patience and understanding.

It's much harder to tolerate lies and PR spin however. Developers should have the nerve to openly say: "Hey guys, we're sorry but our vision has changed. We thought our game was going to be OK without any gear grind but then we realized we needed something to fill the huge hole we found there where replayability was supposed to be. We tried nothing and we're all out of ideas." Instead they try to ninja in a gear treadmill while pretending there isn't one.

And BTW yes, they tried literally nothing. Dungeons are stull bugged and lackluster. LFG is still a stub of a feature. WvW is 1.5 maps (technically there are 4 but 3 of them are carbon copies of each other and everyone wants to be in EB for obvious reasons).

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I don't know about a mass exodus, but the new gear tier is also something I don't like. I closely followed GW2 during development and their ideas about what would be a fun game was something I completely agreed with. But now its as if they are slowly moving away from those ideas.

My guildies will stay for now and see what impact the changes will create. I'm going back to running a modded Minecraft server for now. Maybe I'll check back in time , it is not as if I have to subscribe to GW2 to do that. Probably going to check Winterfest anyway.

• Ethos86Ethos86 Member Posts: 124

These topics have been thrown on the forums since the 2nd week after launch.

On the topic of population: 3 months have passed now, not a single server has been merged and all servers are full as shown on a screenshot in this topic before. If it's gonna keep progressing like this they might need to add servers with christmass, who knows. Luckily they have overflow servers, and probably hundreds of them during these events. Because otherwise I think yesterday only 10% of the people online would have experienced the game and the other 90% would have been in login queue's. It was already chaos and lag at time with so many people online, I wouldn't care if some people would have the game. On top of that I'm sure their store sells very good as well. Lots of friends of me have already put +200 € into the store since launch because they like the game and they want to support it.

On the topic of ascended items: I got my ascended backpiece the first day playing fractals the new and very awesome mini dungeons (got it at lvl 2) I'm playing it because it's so much fun, nice environments and very cool and at higher level challengin (in the way of coordination) boss mechanics. So with the drop I receieved I needed to add 25g worth of mats and I already had my ascended backpiece with agony resitance! And 25g isn't much, it's 3 or maybe 4 evenigns of casual play and selling all the stuff you get to a vendor or on the trading post. I don't see where all the complaining is about. I already have gotten that rare drop "essence of the mists" needed to make your ascended backpiece a total of 5 times! I'm at lvl 8 now and I haven't yet seen a single mob where you needed that "agony resistance" for which is the new stat on those ascended items.

They added vertical progression, needed only for the players who go deep into "fractals of the mists". So the people who don't like it, they will never have the need for it. People who love gear progression, will get it by taking on the challenge that this dungeon brings to it's highest levels. If only people understood that. There's more noice on the forums than in the game. I haven't heard 1 single person complaining in game. Everyone seems to love the fractals dungeon and people are helping each other, I know I am. I'm sending a lot of my extra loot (rare & exotic) from the dungeon for free to my guild members who are at lower difficulty lvl's which helps them to gear up faster.

I would love to see how many % of the complainers on forums actually play the game, and of those who play the game how much of them actually quit the game over the uninformed statements they have made. The "ooh 5 points stat increas is still a stat increase" crowd is being rediculous about minor things while they probably forget to take food buffs boosting their dmg with a much larger margin.

So, in short:

1) No there's not a mass exodus.

2) People who think Ascended items are really needed, please reconsider and don't leave a game you like just because of jumping the bandwagon in the hate of these new items. It's really not such a big impact. Do the Fractals dungeon yourself and see how much fun it is, it's really the best of all dungeons. And before you know you might get that Ascended piece while you are having fun just like I have. In any way, I did this dungeon over 30 times already because I like it so much and it's really fun with voice communication... and I haven't yet come to a situation where the gear we were wearing was of much importance. It's all in figuering out the boss mechanics and have the team coordination right when you need to sync some team actions.

• ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188

Exodus has begun for sure but perhaps not in very big masses yet though. However, there are not many new players joining the game so overall the population is decreasing.

:)

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

What exodus?

Both Lion's Arch and the new island have overflows even at early morning hours.

There's still a huge difference between what the negative people wish (I hated this game, so I want it to fail and I call doom on it, because if I hate something, it can only be bad) and reality.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !