Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 free trial & SWTOR goes F2P on the same date

Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

The Guild Wars 2 free trial weekend starts at the same time as SWTOR goes free to play. Coincidence? I think not. GW2 announced the free trial only a week ago, which seems suspicious to me that they would only give a weeks notice. Maybe they were in a hurry to compete with SWTOR ??

Don't you love a good conspiracy theory?

Comments

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

And as mentioned before, it's NGE Day!

I'm locking my door, putting on the tinfoil hat. brb.

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Anet probably isn't even worried about SWTOR considering it's terrible ftp model. It's most likely done to tie in with the event anyway, grab a few more people by staging somthing awesome.
  • thekzethekze Member UncommonPosts: 180
    It was planned. You guys might think it's not and that Arena.net doesn't care but I'm convinced that the "high level" management all agreed to the same date. It's all about the money!
  • Ban_KhaerosBan_Khaeros Member Posts: 27
    I want more doom threads about GW2.
  • rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Not a coincindence.
  • Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642
    Originally posted by thekze
    It was planned. You guys might think it's not and that Arena.net doesn't care but I'm convinced that the "high level" management all agreed to the same date. It's all about the money!

My feelings exactly.

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307
    what type of "f2p" model is SWTOR going? 
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Maybe Arenanet just wanted to finish off Swtor for good, lol image
  • CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

tortanic 2? :D

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

And Uncharted Waters Online resets company contributions on the same day, too!  What a coincidence!

Oh wait, that's been the 15th of every month ever since the game launched.  And ArenaNet and EA have no reason to care about UWO.

Sounds like a classic example of the birthday problem to me.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

I think Arenanet is a bit too busy with damagecontrol in their own backyard to finish anything off right now image

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Sciva
    Anet probably isn't even worried about SWTOR considering it's terrible ftp model. It's most likely done to tie in with the event anyway, grab a few more people by staging somthing awesome.

Yep and considering one of the main reasons people left in droves was due to the construct of the end game, dungeon/raid only progression does not a good game make.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    soooooooooooooo EXCITING!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511

I think that nowadays any mmo wow-clone focused only on single-player like contents is fated to fail earlier than expected, and if they do a game full of flawed imitations (like SWTOR), worse.

Archeage seens more promisor because it will try recreate the UO experience in a updated version.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    As the saying goes... no matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd.
  • LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    Originally posted by Blazer6992
    Originally posted by thekze

My feelings exactly.

Its always about money if it wasn't EA would be a much better company.