Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

.NET Registry Errors

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Le0PineLe0Pine Member Posts: 2

C:WindowsMicrosoft.NET  maybe?

Else uninstall .NET4 then re-install it. Sounds liek an installation error.

HTH

~*~ Yesh! ~*~

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Format and reinstall Windows -   Problem solved.

or

Keep polling forums, reading various threads, trying different things,  until ... either something fixes it, or nothing fixes it.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Etherouge

Originally posted by Le0Pine

C:WindowsMicrosoft.NET  maybe?

Else uninstall .NET4 then re-install it. Sounds liek an installation error.

HTH

Originally posted by eyelolled

or

Keep polling forums, reading various threads, trying different things,  until ... either something fixes it, or nothing fixes it.

That's where the registry key needs to point to, but the key itself is gone.

And I'm not going to format my 1TB HDD because of a registry error. But thanks I guess.

Wasn't trying to be rude with that post btw. It is just a far simpler resolution. Whatever your choice, best of luck.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by eyelolled

or

I have no patience for Windows registry issues so that's what I usually do.  In the time it takes to research the problem and find a solution that works ( if ever) I could reinstall everything.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

You could try the following:

1: Uninstall .NET Framework, if you have multiple versions installed on your computer all of the versions

2: Restart your computer

3: Delete the whole .NET Framework folder from your registry

4: Delete folder c:WindowsMicrosoft.NET if the folder still exists

5: Run some program that repairs registry errors, CCleaner is a good free one if you don't have

6: Restart your computer again

7: Download  the installer from Microsoft website: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

8: Disable your Firewall and Antivirus software

9: Run the installer program

10: Don't forget to turn your Firewall and Antivirus back on after you're done

However, I think it would be better just to do a clean re-install for whole Windows. If you've already tried a lot of things, and nothing worked, re-installing Windows is often a good option.

If you have manually edited any of Window's environment variables then ignore all my previous advice and first set them back to what they were.