Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has the mass excitement began!?

cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Anet has definately shown us with the Halloween event they know how to make fun content and this coming weekend an even bigger world changing event is about to be implemented. An event that will allow for further character developement. All of thee things have me personally very excited. I'm also interested in seeing the changes they have talked about in making dungeons more fun.  I'm sure a lot of people are planning on making room in there schedule to ake part in the fun that is sure to be had and good luck to all the people that plan to try to finally be able to advance  their character. I'm still not max level in the game but this does definately eases some of the fears I had about long term playability of the game

So 3 cheers to Anet. And hope everyone has fun this weekend.

Comments

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    I would say theres more people pissed off than are excited by the announced patch and only because of a potential for hamster wheel gear treadmill. Go look at the forums. Mods are deleting post asking ANET for answers, moving post around, and the https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Thoughts-on-Ascended-Gear-Merged-threads/page/169 has a majority of replies saysing WTF? why are you doing this its horrible. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by xpiher
    I would say theres more people pissed off than are excited by the announced patch and only because of a potential for hamster wheel gear treadmill. Go look at the forums. Mods are deleting post asking ANET for answers, moving post around, and the https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Thoughts-on-Ascended-Gear-Merged-threads/page/169 has a majority of replies saysing WTF? why are you doing this its horrible. 

QFT.  It's a total CF on the official forums.  They're were pretty heavy handed with their moderation in the first place and IMO it's only gotten worse.

Steam: Neph

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    It's the small angry minority on the forums as normal. In game where the majority of players are, it's a different story
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

I like hamsters. Their cute.  And if you collect enough of them they make your character better.  I like that too.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

Anet has definately shown us with the Halloween event they know how to make fun content and this coming weekend an even bigger world changing event is about to be implemented. An event that will allow for further character developement. All of thee things have me personally very excited. I'm also interested in seeing the changes they have talked about in making dungeons more fun.  I'm sure a lot of people are planning on making room in there schedule to ake part in the fun that is sure to be had and good luck to all the people that plan to try to finally be able to advance  their character. I'm still not max level in the game but this does definately eases some of the fears I had about long term playability of the game

So 3 cheers to Anet. And hope everyone has fun this weekend.

Not even max lvl in the game?

Dude u are late to the party

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

I play in a guild of over 200 people and we had a recent Guild meeting on this whole issue. If there were as many people aggrivated as you say, the mejority of the guild memebers would also be aggrivated. All are taking a wait and see attitude. (I know this is a small sample but still - it is telling).

I think what you are seeing, is the vocal minority and a silent majority. Not saying it is right or wrong. A great example is, after Obama's election there were petitions from all 50 states to ask to succeed from the union. Now these were not the majority of people in the states, just a vocal minority (minimim 25K signatures obtained legally or not - duplicates or not). The way people who are upset about what A.Net is doing is the same thing going on. People who get upset are vocal, people who are not uspet are not vocal - just the way it is now a-days.

I don't know if it is good or bad - I am taking a wait and see attitude right now.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo

[mod edit]

They weren't clear at all. They said that they'll continue with futher progression in the same style. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

Actually I have bee playing for a month and a half. However I have a life outside of gaming I work regularly 70 plus hours a week. I have a family that when I'm home to see I dont play. I also have other interests that take my time. So ip, not really all that late to the game.

And remember you have a few people that will post 20 times more than most people on the same topic and those people tend to be the ones that are upset and complaining. However in game, at least in the large guild I'm in I see more people that are excited and by a large margin.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

[mod edit]

Listen to them say what? Exactly? I've read their statements. They are tapdancing. Their answers heve left themselves plenty of wiggle room.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

[mod edit]

They weren't clear at all. They said that they'll continue with futher progression in the same style. 

If you read their latest update they said Ascension is the last gear between exotic and legendaries. Rare - Exotic - Ascension - Legendary.

Endgame will use something called Infusions, which is only useable in the new dungeons. They will use other Infusions in future dungeons and type of endgames. 

Ascension armour is obtainable through WvWvW and normal PvE in the future. 

Edit: And sorry if i was hostile but i'm tired of all the speculations and whine.

If you're going to keep whining i want to say one last thing GUILD WARS 2 IS A GAME FOR EVERYONE, IT'S NOT ONLY FOR CASUALS. ARENANET IS TRYING TO MAKE ALTERNATE CONTENT THAT DOESN'T AFFECT THE REST OF THE GAME. TRUST THEM.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    nm
    Well regardless of the few naysayers, I'm sure there is a lot of anticipation and excitement over this weeks event. I know myself and all my friends in game are. Stay positive all and have fun!
  • PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532
    My doctor has advised me against overexcitement, but yes, I am looking forward to the new patch.
  • ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by Nephaerius

QFT.  It's a total CF on the official forums.  They're were pretty heavy handed with their moderation in the first place and IMO it's only gotten worse.

My forum account has already been suspended for too many infractions. I didn't even get a new infraction for it to have that reason for a suspension. I was being critical of their new patch though.

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960

Fuck off and listen to ArenaNet. They don't plan a treadmill and endgame is optional just as any other content in GW2. 

If you read their latest update they said Ascension is the last gear between exotic and legendaries. Rare - Exotic - Ascension - Legendary.

Endgame will use something called Infusions, which is only useable in the new dungeons. They will use other Infusions in future dungeons and type of endgames. 

Edit: And sorry if i was hostile but i'm tired of all the speculations and whine.

If you're going to keep whining i want to say one last thing GUILD WARS 2 IS A GAME FOR EVERYONE, IT'S NOT ONLY FOR CASUALS. ARENANET IS TRYING TO MAKE ALTERNATE CONTENT THAT DOESN'T AFFECT THE REST OF THE GAME. TRUST THEM.

They have said a lot of things, most of what turned out to be lies. There is zero reason to believe them now or ever.

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

Over the summer, the main talking points regarding GW2 were the lack of gear treadmill and the ability to experience all of the max level content without worrying about gear.

Clearly both of those are out the window now which is why a lot of GW2 fans are justifiably upset.

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126

^--------------- This. Customization for endgame ftw.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

The island and dungeon looks awesome, with brilliant art.

The gear and the character progression, sucks.

Adding ranks and scores to show who goes further seems a pime target for this dungeo,

Long live player progression, Death to carrot progression.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

Fuck off and listen to ArenaNet. They don't plan a treadmill and endgame is optional just as any other content in GW2. 

I am sorry but i can't help but laugh everytime someone uses this word in relation to video game companies. 

This whole back lash is due to putting too much Trust in Anet and their word.

You should be telling people the opposite.

Originally posted by JKwervo

No, they didn't say ascended is the last tier.

Link, please.

Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• sleepr27sleepr27 Member UncommonPosts: 102

Zero excitement. Tried to get back into this game a few days ago, i just can't. The game just feels so simple, theres no complexity, theres no depth at all.

Anyway hope you guys enjoy it! hf

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

You are confusing Infusions with the stat to counter Agony.  Infusions will actually add stats, not just Anti-Agony if you will, to your (Ascended) armor.  It's not the same as Infusion from GW1.  It is not true that infusions are "only usable in the new dungeon." For now it's only true that they're only attainable there.  You can totally snag them there, buff your stats in the process, and hop right into WvWvW.  The only way this wouldn't be true is if "Anti-Agony" takes up a stat slot for one of the other stats and I'm extremely doubtful that will be the case.

This isn't customizing endgame.  It's bad design.  They created Legendaries as end game gear and now have to add another tier and then buff Legendaries in the process.  Mark my words that within 3-6 months they will add another new tier of gear, Super Ascended if you will, and then buff Legendaries again further continuing to make up for their design decision in the first place.  The game was clearly designed around not having a gear treadmill and trying to force one in just makes for a lot of silliness IMO.

Steam: Neph

Originally posted by Nephaerius

You are confusing Infusions with the stat to counter Agony.  Infusions will actually add stats, not just Anti-Agony if you will, to your (Ascended) armor.  It's not the same as Infusion from GW1.  It is not true that infusions are "only usable in the new dungeon." For now it's only true that they're only attainable there.  You can totally snag them there, buff your stats in the process, and hop right into WvWvW.  The only way this wouldn't be true is if "Anti-Agony" takes up a stat slot for one of the other stats and I'm extremely doubtful that will be the case.

This isn't customizing endgame.  It's bad design.  They created Legendaries as end game gear and now have to add another tier and then buff Legendaries in the process.  Mark my words that within 3-6 months they will add another new tier of gear, Super Ascended if you will, and then buff Legendaries again further continuing to make up for their design decision in the first place.  The game was clearly designed around not having a gear treadmill and trying to force one in just makes for a lot of silliness IMO.

They didn't say infusions will add stats.

On the other hand they said there will Ascended with infusion slots and ascended without infusion slots.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    When topics duel, the title with correct grammar wins.
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Total over-exaggeration and hogwash!  I've read that thread and posted in there many of times.  My first post was a bit of a flip out and slight overreaction on the assumption that WvWvW was left in the dust, but then the blog-post a day or so later explained that this Ascended gear will (eventually) be obtainable via WvWvW.  So, that's it.  Problem solved, but there's no hate or dislike of this patch 100% in that thread.  For every 2 posts I read negative, there's 1 post positive.  So, it's about 66% negative hate and 33% loving it!

Also, to assume it's a "gear treadmill" is bollix.  A "gear treadmill" would be what WoW has.  Do you know what that is?  That's running the same dungeon 20x trying to get 1 purple item.  Now, the boss only drops 1 item for 5 people in the party, and that same item in on a loot table with 16 other items that can drop as well.  Oh, and did I mention that some are class specific but many are not?   Ya, so if you're doing their LFG tool with a bunch of PUGs from other servers, ....so, that one person that can use cloth and leather who decides to role NEED on your Priest robes that drops just because, then drops group (this is a term called "ninja looting").

What's GW2's loot like?  Well, @ the end of every explorable dungeon, all 5 players get 60 tokens and get to loot a chest filled with RNG selected items.   In 3 of those runs, every one of 5 people have enough tokens to get an Exotic gear.  ALL OF THEM!  That's right, this game doesn't hold the carrot out there and keep putting in factors that pulls the string further away, the stick gets chopped and the carrot made reachable!

As for the excitement.  More than ever!  I can't wait to fight off giant crabs (ironically just as crab season starts around in my hometown).

This discussion has been closed.