Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you sub $29.99 a month to a MMORPG if the game was just that incredible?

Comments

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    I would pay 40 to 50 dollars per month. I would be cheaper for me in the long run, currently I spent way moer than this on games per month :P. I blame Steam :) lol.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    It would need to be basically an expac worth of content per month.  That will NEVER happen, so NO.
  • csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

Paying that much only means one thing, the greedy companies will just keep taking advantage of us and up'ing the price.

I wouldn't pay that much.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by mikecackle

Would you sub $29.99 a month to a MMORPG if the game was just that incredible?

I paid more than that for a MUD.  Sure.

Of course, most of the readers of this thread wouldn't have been allowed to play it.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    If it's something really awesome, something I know I am going to be enjoying for years, yes I would.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    nope, but that doesn't mean I don't think they should make one. As a matter of fact, I think they should up the ante to $60 a month.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Yeah, 30 is no problem if it's good.  I paid 45 to 75 a month to multi-box in WoW.

Also, 30 is cheap compared to what it takes to be competitive in some free to plays.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    I would pay up to 50 bucks a month if it was that amazing.  And I may sound elitist and I really don't care - but if 15 dollars a month is something that someone can't handle they seem a bit of a loser to me.
  • ZuthaZutha Member Posts: 15

Yeha i would.

I pay for 3 eve accounts so i'm spending more than that on a single mmo already.

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Nope. 30$ a month would be way too much even for best game in the world. Imho.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    I pay at least $25 a month for my Mabinogi subscription - well $15 for the VIP package and $10 for the random purchase I make that month. So yes, I would.
  • WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

GLADLY!!! I would pay twice that, not all gamers are over-entitled broke bitches.

F2P/B2P are the bane of western MMO's... Does nothing but breeds Sh*t communities of spoiled brats.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Assuming I had the time to play a few hours a night, of course.  I have a one game personality and have run out of "it's not you, it's me baby" lines.
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Yes I would pay 30 bucks for a good MMO. Anytime. There cannot be any kind of cash shop there then ofc.
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    I'd easily pay the price of a new game per month (50 euros) for an mmorpg, assuming it provided content updates and services that would justify the cost.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

It would literally have to be perfect for me..

but that would never happen as somthing that was perfect for me might not be perfect for the next guy.. so there would just be me playing lol

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    For a really good game, then yes, i probably would, but it would have to be better than all the current games on the market, not that there are all that many good ones currently out there, so perhaps that particular hurdle isnt quite as high as i would like. The chances are it would just be another themepark though, and i'm pretty much done with those, its time to move on to something better.image
  • fonoifonoi Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Yes, even more if it is indeed my perfect mmo. By perfect I mean it will have to be better then anything available today on an exponential scale.
  • skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

I could pay up to 50$ a month, but i would be only willing to if:

1. There are no additional gameshops / "exclusives" / Premium features (Server transfer additionally charged).

2. 95% of the 50$ Sub goes into the game not the company. Meaning they should not fund other console / whatever projects when there are still servere bugs in my 50$ sub game. 45$ should be used for maintenance and additional game system (even contend) creation.

3. No payed "Add-On"s milking.

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

For my PERFECT mmo?   Yes. Easily, wouldn't even blink at it.

I would not consider 30$ for a merely "good" one however, nor even 20$.

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    No.  If I was still single without a family, yes.
  • WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Only if the game was SWG 2.
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Never... Nowadays, when devs can't even justify the cost of their minimum fee subs with rapid content updates, paying a sub of 30$ is just not something I can imagine doing no matter how great the game is...

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Considering it costs me over $75 to go to see 1 movie for 3 people for just under 2 hours of entertainment, YES, I'd definately pay $30 a month for a good mmorpg, IF there were no microtransactions.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I'd pay $40 a month max for my perfect MMO.

Joined - July 2004