Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has the mass exodus begun for GW2?

Comments

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    I quit the moment I heard about tiered gear. GW2 isn't good enough to justify any kind of gear grind. The original deal (buy a set of exotics for ~50g and do what you want after that) was OK. But tiered gear and dungeons grind? No, thanks.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by Toxia

Hell no the population for gw2 hasnt  slacked up at all.

I've been trying to get on Tarnished Coast for a fucking week to play with friends. FULL

Just charge for fucking transfers already so i can pay and move please.

Don't know about the other servers, but I'm on Tarnished Coast and it is loaded - seems more so than during the first month.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by chaintm

Yeah true that, well all the best then to those that stay, I just don't see myself ever coming back to it, grind concept is well as old as well.... yeah it's freaking an old concept that should have gone away with the color tube T.V.

So the grind system is old  i guess that means that GW2 is your last MMO then, right.

TESO= gear trinity dungeon grind progression.

Neverwinter Online= gear trinity dungeon grind progression.

Every MMO coming out is gear grind and every mmo that is out is gear grind, i guess it's the end for you.

I thought GW2 was the best, are you sure it just the latest news that makes you want to leave. I think you've been looking for a way out without looking silly after all the post you have called others who didn't share your view of the game trolls.

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by Tokken

kinda, but they can come back when they want since it is not a sub game.

the new grind disappoints me though. I was hoping we would not go in that direction.

You can come back whenever you want in sub games as well.

It's baffling how this became an issue.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by dimnikar
    Originally posted by Tokken

kinda, but they can come back when they want since it is not a sub game.

the new grind disappoints me though. I was hoping we would not go in that direction.

You can come back whenever you want in sub games as well.

It's baffling how this became an issue.

sub fees will generally make me consider if I really want to come back. I came back to WoW to try out Pandaria, but I haven't really logged on much so I feel like I wasted my money. I want to try out Rift again, but the sub fee is deterring me for the moment. I'll probably do it next month.

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by VirgoThree

sub fees will generally make me consider if I really want to come back. I came back to WoW to try out Pandaria, but I haven't really logged on much so I feel like I wasted my money. I want to try out Rift again, but the sub fee is deterring me for the moment. I'll probably do it next month.

I understand that, but subs aren't a physical barrier preventing you from coming back to check out a game you stopped playing.

Of course they are if you're a kid living at your parents, I GET THAT (used to be one). I had a bud who had to beg his GF for her credit card to extend his WoW sub for a while - I guess for someone in that sort of situation coming back to GW2 is much easier.

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

I don't mind. There is a difference between introducing some kind of "resist gear" after release and that gear already in place AT release and it being completely ridiculous to obtain.

Seeing as the new gear type is worked into the events, the natural flow of the game shouldn't break for a second because of it. Legendary/exotic gear is getting "leveled up" to match the ascended stats and everything is peachy.

If you think about The Fractals being a new high-LvL dungeon after the event is over it shouldn't be that big a deal to decide to put in some form of "equipment wall" at some point IN the dungeon (note: not to ENTER the dungeon, but to PROGRESS past a certain point... which imo will not be situated in the first sequence out of common courtesy). I can actually understand why ANet would want to make sure the people that tackle the hard parts of their hardest dungeon are as hard as they can be. (even if simply to avoid all the "this is too hard and unbeatable and respawn-zergy and there's no tactic involved QQ")

I mean... there is even a BACKSTORY to the ascended gear and the agony. When've you ever gotten THAT before?

People should really learn to pick their problems differently and not make mountains out of unknown molehills.

(Heh... just realized, people have been complaining that they want harder endgame content or raids and now that they get the next best thing - gear check included - they complain ... what, did you think you wouldn't have to meet some requirements for SOME of the endgame content? Pffff...)

Originally posted by tryklon

I left long ago, when I realised dungeons were just stupid, with no startegy whatsoever, corpse running cr*p tht is... No loot, waste of time bullcrap.

As such, since im mainly a pve player, I left

Factual and well-informed posts like this are the reason this game is its own noob-troll-kiddie-limiter. It just weeds out the people that are unwilling to read a champions descriptions (that little text below the health bar) and THINK of tactics that aren't easily figured out at the spot.

(I mean... yesterday first run through Sorrow's Embrace, Kudu's fire golem wipes everyone, me last. Almost instinctively some of my guildmates start complaining how the firefields are unfair and the flamespin's range is too great and that the encounter is too hard/unbeatable and that they don't like this about the game at all and basically saying that everytime they encounter a problem they want to give up if it doesn't work the first time around. ... I just told them to not move as much because the firefields only spawned behind them and that they could stay at middle range to no be caught in the flamespin... next try he was down.

With the poison golem I just told them to cleanse a lot after we wiped again. Suddenly it was as easy as pie the next try around.)

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I used the wording mass exodus back in Feb on TOR mmorpg.com forums and that thread got like 60 pages or something, did I start a new trend with the use of mass exodus, beacuse I've seen it on several other mmo sub forums on this site after that and none before I wrote that.

LOL.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by Dampyre

i

However i don't believe any sort of mass exodus is taking place, people using their own experiences to determine how popular a game is , is nuts i mean am i the only one that knows the difference between perception and math ?

The problem with this line of thinking, is that we do not really have any math to go on, do we? Servers labelled as FULL have an undisclosed number of people on them, it is whatever Anet sets as their metric. And sales numbers, assuming we had accurate numbers, are meaningless, because many of the account purchasers might not be playing.

The only was to reflect on how the game is doing is taking Anet's word for it, or alternately, using your personal experience.  My guild is dead, my friends list does not light up at all anymore. My wife and I are the only players left out of that pool of about sixty players, how are we supposed to think the game is doing?

And also, what do the actual numbers matter if your own, personal expeirence is so bleak? If the math behind it said this game was more popular than WoW, it would not make a difference. Not expecting personal experience to color the vision of how the game is doing is just silly. It might not be accurate, but it is the only metric we have.

Well, that and xfire. ;-)

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by Eluldor
    Originally posted by Toxia

Hell no the population for gw2 hasnt  slacked up at all.

I've been trying to get on Tarnished Coast for a fucking week to play with friends. FULL

Just charge for fucking transfers already so i can pay and move please.

Don't know about the other servers, but I'm on Tarnished Coast and it is loaded - seems more so than during the first month.

I am on TC too, and it is crowded, but the thing is, no one on my friends list or guild plays anymore, and I suspect you are seeing a lot of transfers in. 

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I went out of town for four weeks, when I came back I could not even log in once for the life of me. The game is non-social. No friends, no one working togeather, nothing like an mmo.

I'm playing Vinilla WoW on the Emeralddream server. Doing dungeons and already have a large friends list. Hay and guess what, our guild quest togeather....Remember that in mmo's ?

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by delete5230

I went out of town for four weeks, when I came back I could not even log in once for the life of me. The game is non-social. No friends, no one working togeather, nothing like an mmo.

I'm playing Vinilla WoW on the Emeralddream server. Doing dungeons and already have a large friends list. Hay and guess what, our guild quest togeather....Remember that in mmo's ?

Emerald Dream is not a Vanilla server.  I have characters on that server.  WoW doesn't offer Vanilla servers at all.   So much derp.

All it took me was a second to process what he meant. Vanilla WoW, so he must be talking about a private server.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Emerald+Dream+WoW+private+vanilla+server

http://www.emeralddream.com/

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I left long ago, when I realised dungeons were just stupid, with no startegy whatsoever, corpse running cr*p tht is... No loot, waste of time bullcrap.

Think  before you post next time.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by KhinRunite
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by eyelolled

Here is an screenshot of a DE I was in yesterday. Those blacked out names are people that were still playing in a mid level zone that are supposedly ghost towns anymore.  Was the mass exodus supposed to happen tomorrow? I missed the memo.

We can now say for certain, there were at least 24 people still playing GW2 at the time of this screen shot.

Hahaha

Considering that's the main DE for that entire zone, you probably took this at prime time, half of them were probably ranger bots and I saw 10x as many people there when I leveled through it...

Yeah mass exodus probably already happened and you missed the memo.

• Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201

so you're going to quit the game because for some more contents and you think it will be grind ?

you played GW1 and you dont even give a chance to this "upgrade"

then just leave

i wont say anything till i try this new content

I'm still trying to wrap my head around GW2s idea of high population...

Server was high population when:

- Lions arch had an Overflow

- WvW had a queue on all four maps

- SPvP had 60 games full 16/16

-Mists had 50 people standing around.

Server is still high when(as of 5 minutes ago):

- Lions arch has no Overflow.

- WvW we have outmanned buff on all four maps.

- SPvP has 11 games, 10 16/16, 1 7/16.

- Mists has 3 people in it.

Still wondering how this thing works...

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

In the two games im currently playing roughly 90% of the people who "left foever" to play GW2 have returned. All with the same complaints abut GW2.

There are, however, a whole heap of MMO gamers out there who want nothing to do with RPG progression.  

I will say that had they charged a sub for this game there would be few playing still.  This still is one of the most shallow games out there mechanically and content wise...and thats the point of this game.

The question is how many are going to buy the expansions and how many of its players will keep playing without it.

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by Thupli
    Originally posted by chaintm

Actually due to this thread…

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Thoughts-on-Ascended-Gear-Merged-threads/first

I am leaving the game as well.. don't take me wrong its a good game and all, but this changes everything for players like me. I wish everyone a good farewell and gl in the future, for some will like this. I however, do not and won’t participate. This was NOT suppose to happen in GW2 according to so many interviews and post from the devs. It feels like a slap to the face to be honest, the grind was never to be part of GW2 never, now it is if you want to "compete" and it seems this is just step one in many more releases according to one rep that said basicly collect threw out the year and into the future.

Hombre, 2 things.

1. The gear is in between Exotic and Legendary gear.  It's not better than legendary.

2. The slots are actually for adding things that fine-tune against a new mechanic called Agony... it has no relevance to pvp or WvW.  You can't add stats in them from what I have read.

Maybe find out all of the details before making your final determination.  They haven't busted out a bunch of details on it.

There is no 'inbetween exotic and legendary gear'. They have the exact same stats.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

It is the second day in a row where I could be playing (all my non playing days before were due to not having time) and I'm not.

I'm not planning  leaving GW2 but somehow working towards exotics for my warrior and getting my engineer to 80 became less exciting since these news of gear progression,

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292

Lol I swear this forum is full of doom and gloomers who just want to see every game fail. There has been no mass exodus. Because you as an individual do not like the game does not make up for an entire population. Every one has their own enjoyment and desires in a game so no, they may not equal yours. The large I am in is still growing, the forum I'm a mod in still gets new applications every single day and the areas I go on my character is still crowded to the point to stir lag with special effects. Not to mention the overflow I get when hitting Lion's Arch.

So really people...move on already. If the game is not your cup of tea then fine. There is a review section so type your thing up. But making up silly and imaginative thread titles like this does nothing for those interested in the game. You just look foolish. As for the gear progression thing....not my cup of tea but can care less. For one, it's not that much different than the other top tier gear. The differences are small to say the least. Two, because they put it in there doesn't mean I have to work on getting it. I don't think any are putting a gun to my head to do it.

Starting to think some of you believe the Mayans and think the world will end on 12/21/12 or whatever the date was.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    No it hasnt responding to title in post. Matter of fact new people starting up every day and people will be flooding the game for the content patch this weekend I'm sure.
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Zhauric

Lol I swear this forum is full of doom and gloomers who just want to see every game fail. There has been no mass exodus. Because you as an individual do not like the game does not make up for an entire population. Every one has their own enjoyment and desires in a game so no, they may not equal yours. The large I am in is still growing, the forum I'm a mod in still gets new applications every single day and the areas I go on my character is still crowded to the point to stir lag with special effects. Not to mention the overflow I get when hitting Lion's Arch.

So really people...move on already. If the game is not your cup of tea then fine. There is a review section so type your thing up. But making up silly and imaginative thread titles like this does nothing for those interested in the game. You just look foolish. As for the gear progression thing....not my cup of tea but can care less. For one, it's not that much different than the other top tier gear. The differences are small to say the least. Two, because they put it in there doesn't mean I have to work on getting it. I don't think any are putting a gun to my head to do it.

Starting to think some of you believe the Mayans and think the world will end on 12/21/12 or whatever the date was.

So you not upgrading rare to exotics?

They also say no one is forcing you to do raids in WoW, Guess that means WoW isnt a raid centric game.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

Originally posted by cybertrucker
    No it hasnt responding to title in post. Matter of fact new people starting up every day and people will be flooding the game for the content patch this weekend I'm sure.

You're in a dangerous place. You'll regret what you said in the future, turn back!

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

I couldn't agree more. I left after hitting 80 in under 40 hours played (stupid fast) and realizing that all I had left to do was PvP or the worst dungeons in MMO history. There's a reason the "trinity" has been the driving force behind RPG game design since the early 70's.

Joined - July 2004

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by remyburke

I couldn't agree more. I left after hitting 80 in under 40 hours played (stupid fast) and realizing that all I had left to do was PvP or the worst dungeons in MMO history. There's a reason the "trinity" has been the driving force behind RPG game design since the early 70's.

Then go to a game WITH the trinity. :)