Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anet answers to all this forum whining ;) it's on official GW2 forums

Comments

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by xpiher

Originally posted by Anaba77 Just wait, touch the new content/gear/dungeons and then judge. Simple.
    Why if I don't like gear treadmills and I'm not sure if they'll continue down this stupid path? You now what I hate about games like WoW? The gear treadmill. WoW's raid would be fun, if it wasn't for the fact that you have to grind gear to do them. 

Originally posted by Graey You know sometimes I think people are wired to hate change.   Good Morning everyone.   Personally I would wait until the content is released and see how it will be implemented. You could also take what the official post is and see how it is structured as not to give to much information and take that as your answer. He did say that ascended gear would be in between exotic and legendary. I see a lot of people not thinking legendary is the top gear piece and thusly thinking that ascended gear introduces a treadmil and makes exotic gear useless.   I would ask this however, do you guys not grind for aesthetics? If so is that not the same thing. I would just release content that looked differently and called it the same thing but dont put any visible stats on it and use background stats. I see a lot of complaints but no real constructive ideas for an alternative.

You must not play the game. Legendaries currently have the SAME STATS as Exotics. And I have an alternative posted on the GW2 official forums. 

Yes I actually do play the game. I personally am not after a legendary however. I do see your point though. However after the patch will it not be exotic, ascended then legendary in terms of stats....and did they not say they would upgrade legendaries to account for the change. Never the less your going to like what you like and dislike what you don't. Again I would say just wait and see what happens.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion
    Originally posted by Anaba77

Just wait, touch the new content/gear/dungeons and then judge. Simple.

Why if I don't like gear treadmills and I'm not sure if they'll continue down this stupid path? You now what I hate about games like WoW? The gear treadmill. WoW's raid would be fun, if it wasn't for the fact that you have to grind gear to do them. 

Why? so you can know the truth for you self, duh! Play the damn thing and see. If you don't like it you don't like it...move along. But you honestly won't know for sure until it releases. You're like a customer who doesn't want to buy a pair of shoes until you know the name of the chinese boy who made them and how much he was paid. You already have the damn game, its not like your wallet is on the line here. Just download the damn update and try it when it comes along... GEEZ. Sir complainus maximus...

I don't care about the future content having something in it that makes it easier. I have problem if they continue to add more gear and more upgrades that build on the current ones to make content easier in the future patches. Whats so hard to undrstand about this. Its not about the update, its about the direction. I have no deiser to do the new content and get the new gear without knowing will I have to have this gear to do future content and be expetected to replace this gear in the future to do more content down the line. Its the potential treamill I have a problem with, not the update or the content. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    Originally posted by Graey

Xipiher does have a point. You seem to be very vocal about this subject which would suggest this game matters to you. I would say the same wait and see how they implement this phase. I read on the forums and here that they have the same thing in GW1 and its more horizontal progression instead of vertical in which you just sort of get attuned. If that were the case would that be okay?

If it was horizontal ANET wouldn't of made the Ascended gear have higher stats than exotics. But if they stop at exotics and use the Agony system as a form of non-gated progression (each new content having a different mechanism similar to Agaony that can placed into Ascended armor) then that would be the best of both world IMO. Thats the soultion I have on the offical forums.

still griping about those 5 points, huh? Even though the stats are higher by the tiniest of margins...the progression is still quite horizontal. Let's take off the rage blinders and look left and right for a moment.

Originally posted by Anaba77 Just wait, touch the new content/gear/dungeons and then judge. Simple.

Originally posted by Graey You know sometimes I think people are wired to hate change.   Good Morning everyone.   Personally I would wait until the content is released and see how it will be implemented. You could also take what the official post is and see how it is structured as not to give to much information and take that as your answer. He did say that ascended gear would be in between exotic and legendary. I see a lot of people not thinking legendary is the top gear piece and thusly thinking that ascended gear introduces a treadmil and makes exotic gear useless.   I would ask this however, do you guys not grind for aesthetics? If so is that not the same thing. I would just release content that looked differently and called it the same thing but dont put any visible stats on it and use background stats. I see a lot of complaints but no real constructive ideas for an alternative.

You must not play the game. Legendaries currently have the SAME STATS as Exotics. And I have an alternative posted on the GW2 official forums. 

Yes I actually do play the game. I personally am not after a legendary however. I do see your point though. However after the patch will it not be exotic, ascended then legendary in terms of stats....and did they not say they would upgrade legendaries to account for the change. Never the less your going to like what you like and dislike what you don't. Again I would say just wait and see what happens.

This is why I have a lot of post on this stie, becaues the edit function is atroicous

NO legendary gear does not have better stats. The current best stats in game is Exotic. After the patch it will be ascended. Legendary gear will be rescaled to have the same stats as Ascended gear when the patch goes live. My problem is, will this conitnue. Will ANET continually add more and more tiers of gear/upgrades in future updates. Will I be required to have the ascended items released now to have a chance at completing content in the future? And what happens after everyone has a full set of ascended gear? Will ANET then add Blessed pieces of gear that require you to have ascended armor to have a chance of getting? 

Theres a reason why the MMOs I play are very few, its becaues I hate that type of system. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269

Why? so you can know the truth for you self, duh! Play the damn thing and see. If you don't like it you don't like it...move along. But you honestly won't know for sure until it releases. You're like a customer who doesn't want to buy a pair of shoes until you know the name of the chinese boy who made them and how much he was paid. You already have the damn game, its not like your wallet is on the line here. Just download the damn update and try it when it comes along... GEEZ. Sir complainus maximus...

I don't care about the future content having something in it that makes it easier. I have problem if they continue to add more gear and more upgrades that build on the current ones to make content easier in the future patches. Whats so hard to undrstand about this. Its not about the update, its about the direction. I have no deiser to do the new content and get the new gear without knowing will I have to have this gear to do future content and be expetected to replace this gear in the future to do more content down the line. Its the potential treamill I have a problem with, not the update or the content. 

Thing is...you won't know. Though playing the new content may give you an idea. But you're rage has blinded you and you're stuck on this one-way train track to god knows where...this one patch can't speak for direction on its own. Thats like trying to draw a line with only one point instead of two. Perhaps this content will give us an idea of what they want to do...I doubt it will tell us the future or have their plans buried in its coding, but it's worth a try none-the-less.

• Anaba77Anaba77 Member Posts: 33

/sarcasm on

FOR HELL'S SAKE ! I am kinda MAD with the gear name : "ASCENDED" !

hell, I don't want to play RIFT or AION

/sarcasm off

;)

Xipiher does have a point. You seem to be very vocal about this subject which would suggest this game matters to you. I would say the same wait and see how they implement this phase. I read on the forums and here that they have the same thing in GW1 and its more horizontal progression instead of vertical in which you just sort of get attuned. If that were the case would that be okay?

If it was horizontal ANET wouldn't of made the Ascended gear have higher stats than exotics. But if they stop at exotics and use the Agony system as a form of non-gated progression (each new content having a different mechanism similar to Agaony that can placed into Ascended armor) then that would be the best of both world IMO. Thats the soultion I have on the offical forums.

Which are we considering high end gear the legendary or the exotic. If the stats are the same and ascended passes legendary in stats then I could see a point. However if they are boosting legendaries or ascended is slightly less in stats than legendaries then I don't think they are doing much vertical progressing. Not enough certainly to warrant this uproar from the player base. I think its mostly what peole think will happen if they continue on this path.

Also they stated its more expansion like content so gear has to change slightly based on that. Attuning yourself to fight the different mobs and their debuffs and what not. Perhaps they will find a way for your current gear to get attuned so that its' not a big deal to begin with.

Thing is...you won't know. Though playing the new content may give you an idea. But you're rage has blinded you and you're stuck on this one-way train track to god knows where...this one patch can't speak for direction on its own. Thats like trying to draw a line with only one point instead of two. Perhaps this content will give us an idea of what they want to do...I doubt it will tell us the future or have their plans buried in its coding, but it's worth a try none-the-less.
    No, I won't know until either 

1) ANET tells me they don't plan on adding veritcal progression and gated content thats tired to gear or

2) In the future when ANET releases a content update that says "well now we are going to add blessed armor because of XYZ" 

I'd rather know now. It will also save them a headache and forum bashing by being clear NOW. There are people who love the update because they believe ANET will continue with gear treadmill. There are people who hate it because they believe the same thing. There are people who are ok with the update now because they believe ANET won't go beyond Ascended. If any of these groups are wrong because of their assumptions the forums will explode with "YOU LIED" more than whats happening now. ANET will have pulled a Funcom. 

Also 

Originally posted by Anaba77 Just wait, touch the new content/gear/dungeons and then judge. Simple. Why if I don't like gear treadmills and I'm not sure if they'll continue down this stupid path? You now what I hate about games like WoW? The gear treadmill. WoW's raid would be fun, if it wasn't for the fact that you have to grind gear to do them.      Originally posted by Graey You know sometimes I think people are wired to hate change.   Good Morning everyone.   Personally I would wait until the content is released and see how it will be implemented. You could also take what the official post is and see how it is structured as not to give to much information and take that as your answer. He did say that ascended gear would be in between exotic and legendary. I see a lot of people not thinking legendary is the top gear piece and thusly thinking that ascended gear introduces a treadmil and makes exotic gear useless.   I would ask this however, do you guys not grind for aesthetics? If so is that not the same thing. I would just release content that looked differently and called it the same thing but dont put any visible stats on it and use background stats. I see a lot of complaints but no real constructive ideas for an alternative.
    This is why I have a lot of post on this stie, becaues the edit function is atroicous

NO legendary gear does not have better stats. The current best stats in game is Exotic. After the patch it will be ascended. Legendary gear will be rescaled to have the same stats as Ascended gear when the patch goes live. My problem is, will this conitnue. Will ANET continually add more and more tiers of gear/upgrades in future updates. Will I be required to have the ascended items released now to have a chance at completing content in the future? And what happens after everyone has a full set of ascended gear? Will ANET then add Blessed pieces of gear that require you to have ascended armor to have a chance of getting? 

Theres a reason why the MMOs I play are very few, its becaues I hate that type of system. 

I REPEAT: THE BEST GEAR IN THE GAME STAT WISE IS EXOTIC. AFTER THE PATCH IT WILL BE ASCENDED. EXOTICS WILL NOT BE BUFFED AFTER THE PATCH. LEGENDARIES WILL BE BUFFED TO ASCENDED LEVEL IN STATS. If it wasn't for the stats, no one would be worried about gear treadmill. They would be like "Ooooh! Look new content and progression!"

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• Ethos86Ethos86 Member Posts: 124
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by Ethos86

How pathetic how entitled some people are to their "currently max stat" gear.

How much effort was it to get that full exotic set... not much really. Yesterday I upgraded my aquatic weapons to exotic, even knowing they will add ascended in the future.

What content is really that challenging that your personal skill can't overcome it? You could do everything at lvl 80 with rare gear if you are not a crappy player, you don't even need exotic. Exotic gear was there to make it just more chill and comfortable, and for the people like me who like to max the stats anyway.

Now it's okay, you also want to max your stats... so you feel the need to have ascended. But then why do you think you have to get everything without any effort. Cmon it's silly. First you guys complain there's nothing left to obtain after you have your character on exotics, now you cry and be lazy. In this weekend's update there will ascended rings added and an ascended backpiece.

Sooo... they add a very good version of a backpiece, which people complained about there wasn't an exotic version from it. So you don't have to replace that exotic... the best one was a gold or a green one before.

You only have to replace 2 exotic rings, by 2 ascended rings. For each character if you rly have multiple lvl 80's. Wow... what a freaking stat increase right now and what a huge effort... yes they will add more ascended in the future but what do you wanna do all day? Dance in Lion's Arch? There's more then enough time to aquire the optional stat increase items. For all we know your exotics might not even be obsolete but required to upgrade them to ascended, we don't know yet how the aquireing works for these new items.

Sometimes i rly hate this MMO community. Full of entitled pricks who are never pleased and always whine. You guys are silly.

And let me tell you. Within a few years, when you move on to another game and never play GW2 again. All your achievements and aquired gear will be obsolete anyway. It's a game... go with the flow of the game or quit, don't cry about it as if your life achievements depend on it.

Another person that doesn't read all Anet post and then comes bashing.

Another person that doesn't make informed buys so he doesn't care if the product he boughts behave like was described or not.

You are so wrong. I have read every official statement of AreaNet on their site, blog and forum posts of devs. I follow this game since it's announcement and I have played GW1 before that for about 2000 hours. I went to GamesCom in Germany every year when they were there, for 3 days, to play GW2 and to talk with the dev's. I was there the first day ever when you could play GW2, the moment people rushed to the booth when the doors opened of GamesCom in 2010. I played every beta weekend of this game.

Maybe you are person that doens't make informed buys, knowing that EVERY MMO will change one way or the other.

Concerning AreaNet and them reviewing their game, chaning it for the better because they believe so, i think this quote applies:

"The smart people constantly revise their understandings of a matter. They reconsider problems they thought they had solved. They are open to new points of view, new information, and challenges to their own ways of thinking."

It's such a good game and a good company because they are open to new points of view. Unlike most of the people up in arms here in these forums who are close minded and even too unpatient to see the results of the update to start complaining about it. Smart people have the balls to change their minds.

I'm not a mindless GW2 fanboy that will eat whatever they throw at me. I just believe I'm lucky enough to be able to see things from a perspective that I shouldn't feel butthurt if something is changed not a 100% to my liking. And if they really serve a thing that will make me throw up at some point. I'll leave the table quietly and move on still being happy that I got more than my money's worth already from this ride.

OH my apologies then. I had no idea I figured legendary had better stats. So its just a cosmetic thing then? Well that does clarify things. But to answer your question in a broader stroke I'll use an example.

Keep in mind Anet stated they are releasing this stuff as sort of an expansion type thing.

Now that being said take the ascended gear. For the time being I would think that ascended gear is only used when you want to deal with the enemies and content that require that gear. Like the dungeon they are implementing. The mobs do some type of new debuff...we will call it fire damage lol. So this whole patch is about mobs that are heavy in fire damage and you need fire resist. Now say 2 months down the line they do it again...I would think the mobs next time would be heavy in water damage and that content would be water heavy so you would need that attunement to fight that type of mob.  So in a way you would have to get perhaps new gear, or new attunement but I dont think the prerequisite would be that you had the first set of attunements before you could get the next ie having attunement to fire before you could do water.

I'm not sure if I messed that up so I'll keep it simple. using your example I don't think you would need ascended gear to do content that gives blessed gear. I think however you would have to have blessed gear to do blessed content and acended gear to do ascended content. It would be easier if they had a slot or a buff that you get and you could switch it off and on and BAM there you go.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Historically, every major boss in guildwars has needed some sort of thing to defeat them. Whether it's the favour of the gods, or infused gear or just a skill that is given to you by an NPC. GW has always had something like that.. but not in dungeons which is where this is becomes a bit weird.

You don't need the gear to finish any other dungeon, only this one so you complaining is just weird. Even if they do add another gear set, there will still be no need to complain because you don't need it.

This is not a game.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    What he did was answer the questions people had.  The issue sees to be it was not the answer many people either wanted or expected.

I'm not sure if I messed that up so I'll keep it simple. using your example I don't think you would need ascended gear to do content that gives blessed gear. I think however you would have to have blessed gear to do blessed content and acended gear to do ascended content. It would be easier if they had a slot or a buff that you get and you could switch it off and on and BAM there you go.

If thats the way it will work, if new gear and content isn't gated by getting gear from old cotent, then I have no problem with the system. The issue is right now I don't know. No one does. If they add in gear treadmill as it appears to be, then GW2 is no longer the game they advertised. I have no desire to play until knowing the answer. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

If thats the way it will work, if new gear and content is gated by getting gear from old cotent, then I have no problem with the system. The issue is right now I don't know. No one does. If they add in gear treadmill as it appears to be, then GW2 is no longer the game they advertised. I have no desire to play until knowing the answer. 

haha I would say join me on Rift then lol. But seriously I can respect that. I'm curious to see where this will go. Personally my gripe with the game is there is not enough visual gear, especially for a game that toughts visual progression instead of vertical. Then again I like pretty much everything else and look forward to what ever they do in the future. I am subbed to Rift so will be playing that for the rest of the year.

Thank you for the constructive post I learned a couple things along the way.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    A major problem with GW2 is that hitting 80 is way too fast. It's laughable how quick it is. Themepark MMOs need to bring back some of the grind. I'm not saying EQ1 levels, which took me 109 IN GAME DAYS played to hit 60 when that was the cap, but long enough where gear you aquire along the way actually means something. Nowadays, you can just blast through the game in shit greens (or blues if youre ANET) until you hit cap, making any better gear you could work to get along the way pointless.

Joined - July 2004

Originally posted by remyburke
    A major problem with GW2 is that hitting 80 is way too fast. It's laughable how quick it is. Themepark MMOs need to bring back some of the grind. I'm not saying EQ1 levels, which took me 109 IN GAME DAYS played to hit 60 when that was the cap, but long enough where gear you aquire along the way actually means something. Nowadays, you can just blast through the game in shit greens until you hit cap, making any better gear you could work to get along the way pointless.

I don't mind grind. I hate RNG infused grind thats also tired to character progression. Hell, I played DFO for 2 years.

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by Pilnkplonk

My God, where will it all end?!

/wrings hands pathetically

When the agendas tire of the witch hunt, same as always.

But try to remember a time when game companies were not EvilCorp, in gamer's eyes?  It's never happened.

Blizzard, SOE, Mythic, Funcom..they've all been the Target for the Outrage Firestorms.

Gamer never tire of it.

So many successes in that list.

Don't want to add EA-Bioware to that list?

Are you going to say Xyher and I have an agenda to denigrate Arenanet and GW2?

At least you will have Pink items, if you actually play the game.

Sure, we can add EA to that list....they've been determined-witchhunt-targets too. (Many times, in fact)

And no, paranoia doesn't need to activate, I wasn't even aware you were here.

Who's Xyher..oh, there he is. :wave:  Does this apply to you sir?  No?  Ok, noted, enjoy your day.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• scragcatscragcat Member UncommonPosts: 94

Although i read a few pages i didnt read all of this but it feels like ANet have got sucked into the 'WoW' style problem of 'Gear Progression'.

It doesn't help that they cater for a ton of people who prefer the gear progression who seem to want the game to be a wow clone :(

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Is this at all similiar to the whole LOTRO Radiance gear fiasco?

• YansheeYanshee Member Posts: 55

Rotflmao....

You guys are freaking hilarious..

Originally posted by immodium
    Is this at all similiar to the whole LOTRO Radiance gear fiasco?

And yes it is that too, if its built upon. The problem is, we don't know. It could be a nifty mechanic only limited to the FOTM dungeon, or it could be something that will be a tired system thats required for future content. Until ANET announces one way or the other, we won't know. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• scragcatscragcat Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Originally posted by Yanshee

Rotflmao....

You guys are freaking hilarious..

lol in BLizzard HQ they are saying the same thing about ArenaNet :P

• dasX82dasX82 Member UncommonPosts: 104

I think they need this "new system" just to make the game more beneficial. They said we need to use the Mistic Forge to create something for this items, maybe one of this ingredients you must buy it with GEMs. So you dont like competitive SPVP to buy tickets, dont worry, you will have to buy GEMs to play PVE.

But is is just a conjecture..

Originally posted by konecta

I think they need this "new system" just to make the game more beneficial. They said we need to use the Mistic Forge to create something for this items, maybe one of this ingredients you must buy it with GEMs. So you dont like competitive SPVP to buy tickets, dont worry, you will have to buy GEMs to play PVE.

But is is just a conjecture..

You don't have to buy sPvP tickets. You earn them as well from pug sPvP. And if they do that, they also go back on their promise of P2W. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Sorry but it's an answer, deal with it.

Politicians talk is never an answer. I don't mind the changes but a lot of people lost faith in Anet.... deal with it.