Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.COM

RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

Is mmorpg.com only promoting unimagiative non thinking out of the box MMOs, are sites like these part of the problem. Let's take a game that starts it's US beta today. It's a fully sandbox mmo with no levels and no classes where all items in the game are crafted by the players.

If you become a blacksmith and make a blade you will have to find a  another player who is a wood worker to make the hilt, you rely on other players for crafting.

You have land control and a vast world that is FFA  PVP and no safe areas. You can also open stores where even if you are logged off your character stays in the game to man your store. You also have a kidnapping system where you can kidnap offline players but you are instantly flagged and wanted through a bounty system.

Now why hasn't mmorpg.com done a live review of this game or got someone playing the beta which starts today?

I think that MMORPG.COM is less incline to promote non western games. Yes ArcheAge is at the top of the hype list but from what i've been told they didn't even know anything about ArcheAge and had be told about the game by members of this site.

Only then did they give it it's own forum.

This game i'm going to link has a cashshop that is only Vanity items. A few months ago a player bought a sword for a silly price but the sword gave no extra stats other than looking good and glowing.

Watch the whole of this vid and as why mmorpg.com is not doing a review of this game now at the first US beta starting today.

Sandbox players have been asking for a game like this..

This review vid is three weeks old http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJP3PgzodFU

Get a beta key here if you can http://www.ageofwushu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=504

Comments

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    Actually I already knew about this game thanks to MMORPG.com and already bought it, eagerly awaiting my beta access invite.

imageimage

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Shouldn't this have been posted in the Age Of Wushu forum? ;) Got to say op, the only reason I am aware of this game is becasue of this site.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Urvan
    Actually I already knew about this game thanks to MMORPG.com and already bought it, eagerly awaiting my beta access invite.

Beta starts today, keys are all over the place.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

...i first saw that game here at mmorpg.com...

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Rimmersman

Beta starts today, keys are all over the place.

Well I haven't recieved an invite yet, which is strange cus it said if you buy it you get guaranteed access >_>

UPDATE: WTF? my account status says I haven't purchased but PayPal confrims I have..

imageimage

Originally posted by spookydom

Shouldn't this have been posted in the Age Of Wushu forum? ;) Got to say op, the only reason I am aware of this game is becasue of this site.

I'm not saying that mmorpg.com don't know about it but they are not really following it,look and see how many reviews they have done. I mean it goes live for USA beta today yet they have no mention of it whatsoever, surly if they really wanted to promote the game they would have someone in beta?

A full sandbox mmo with feature many have been crying out for?

Ill even give any mmorpg.com member of staff a beta key for todays beta start, how about that mmorpg.com?

Why, it's the pub and you can talk about MMOs in this forum.

Why, it's the pub and you can talk about MMOs in this forum.

Its preferred to keep things in the right forums.  If there's a forum for the game, keep it there is the rule.

Also, I'm pretty sure the game would be promoted if the staff who created it gave the a reason to, ie offering them beta keys to give out would be a great way to promote the game!

imageimage

I'm not saying that mmorpg.com don't know about it but they are not really following it,look and see how many reviews they have done. I mean it goes live for USA beta today yet they have no mention of it whatsoever, surly if they really wanted to promote the game they would have someone in beta?

If it starts today how do you know they haven't got somebody in the beta? I'm pretty sure if enough people start talking about it the coverage will go up. Look at ArcheAge for example. That has gone up on the hype meter on pretty much word of mouth alone and when you look at the Wushu forum there are not that many people talking about it. The game looks pretty good in my eyes and am looking forward to hearing about peoples experiances in the beta.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

edit

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

If it starts today how do you know they haven't got somebody in the beta? I'm pretty sure if enough people start talking about it the coverage will go up. Look at ArcheAge for example. That has gone up on the hype meter on pretty much word of mouth alone and when you look at the Wushu forum there are not that many people talking about it. The game looks pretty good in my eyes and am looking forward to hearing about peoples experiances in the beta.

I hope your optimism is right, let's see if they have someone in beta,i have a key for any member of staff that wants in.

Did you watch that vid i linked?

I hope your optimism is let's see if they have someone in beta,i have a key for any member of staff that wants in.

Watching it now actually. Looks pretty good. Do you think a lot of people will be turned off by the setting though seeing as it's not an A-Typical fanstasy setting?

I hope your optimism is let's see if they have someone in beta,i have a key for any member of staff that wants in.

Watching it now actually. Looks pretty good. Do you think a lot of people will be turned off by the setting though seeing as it's not an A-Typical fanstasy setting?

Hmm, i don't know  to be honest.

I think a lot of people like martrial arts and films like Crouching Tiger or The Forbidden Kingdom with Jet Li. Jackie Chan is promoting the game and is the face of the game in the west.

lol Jackie Chan? thats awesome! I also think this game would appeal to Japanese anime and manga fans, such as myself by the way.  Also, just to let ya know, I got my beta.  Turns out I had to log into my email not my username on the site, go figure.

imageimage

lol Jackie Chan? thats awesome! I also think this game would appeal to Japanese anime and manga fans, such as myself by the way.  Also, just to let ya know, I got my beta.  Turns out I had to log into my email not my username on the site, go figure.

Nice one lol.

If this thread does nothing else at least it made you recheck to see if you had your beta key lol.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Looks interesting..

edit: received beta key, thank you Urvan!

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Originally posted by FromHell

Looks interesting..

Someone able to PM me a beta key?

Already done, please check your inbox.

imageimage

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

I certainly appreciate the OP's sentiment or sure.  I've been pretty pumped about this game for a while because it's just different than just about anything I've seen. 

MMORPG did do this article "Going Beyond Pretty Visuals" which I thought was an excellent write up.

We must keep in mind that MMORPG.com is made up of gamers.  Gamers are going to write about the games they are currently into or the games that they see tons of chatter about.  AoW is a sleeper, without a doubt - and I'd rather have a game gain it's hype from actual gameplay and players than a bunch of marketing people getting a group hyped into a frenzy and then gettign unrealistic expectations about how perfect the game is.

Once we get into beta and feedback starts rolling out, I can see the attention swelling in the near future for this game.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230
    If anybody has a spare key pls pm me!Thank you!
    Originally posted by Dietengu

Please ask for keys here or go to the official forums.

imageimage

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Dietengu

Please ask for keys here or go to the official forums.

yes i just saw the beta key thread..sorry

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    Wait...this is a website? I thought this was an MMO!!! Then...these "threads" arent the battlegrounds? And you can't forum PvP?!

Originally posted by TheIronLegion
    Wait...this is a website? I thought this was an MMO!!! Then...these "threads" arent the battlegrounds? And you can't forum PvP?!

WTF you talking about? it is an MMO! it has a website for it, duh.

imageimage

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion

WTF you talking about? it is an MMO! it has a website for it, duh.

Ooooh. Ok I just wanted to make sure I was right before I bought this +5 dexterity vest...

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Moved to the Age of Wushu forum.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]