Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone going to play DK Online?

DK Online (Dragon Knights) went into closed beta today.  Just curious if anyone had heard about the game or planned on playing it?

Link to play for the lazy.

Comments

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 606

Trying to get this game running was one of the biggest nightmares to do so with "any" piece of software to date. It's a ******* NIGHTMARE to do so. And with the developers being this incompetant with just a installer, I can't wait to see what nightmarish hellscape awaits me in the game itself.

Consider this fair warning for those trying to play this, and I suggest keeping the "bugs" and "technical support" parts of the forums open during the whole process, you WILL need them, a lot.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    im downloading it.. I hope its worth playing.

Alright, update here.

Some of the core mechanics don't work yet, most skills (every skill that affects defences) don't work yet. Entire trees of abilities do nothing. And the actual stat (Yes I said a stat) of defence does not affect anything yet. (So prepare to go full dps, tanks are impossible.)

Combat is only somewhat responsive with a 2-3 sec delay most of the time (Animations still work fine, just the effects "damage" don't.)

Graphics are decent.

Classes are genderlocked (Hey it's asian so to be expected.)

Greatswords are typical comicly oversized pieces of metal that 10 men would struggle to lift realistically. (Again asian.)

It's "playable" atm as long as you go full dps and stay away from the paladin. (It's meant to be a tank.)

And before someone claims "It's closed beta!" No it's open beta, as anyone can get in, and several core mechanics (I'm talking about the most basic princible systems here.) don't work yet.

Treat it like an alpha and you won't find any supprises.

Edit: Better yet, like a tech demo to be honest.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by Kazuhiro

Some of the core mechanics don't work yet, most skills (every skill that affects defences) don't work yet. Entire trees of abilities do nothing. And the actual stat (Yes I said a stat) of defence does not affect anything yet. (So prepare to go full dps, tanks are impossible.)

Combat is only somewhat responsive with a 2-3 sec delay most of the time (Animations still work fine, just the effects "damage" don't.)....

Greatswords are typical comicly oversized pieces of metal that 10 men would struggle to lift realistically. (Again asian.)

Hmmm, with that glowing endorsement I think I'll pass.  There's no point in playing something as incompetent and buggy as that, not when I have WAY better games to play.

(I'm sure Asian games have hilariously massive melee weapons as some sort of compensation mechanism for... something or other.)

Originally posted by Dibdabs

(I'm sure Asian games have hilariously massive melee weapons as some sort of compensation mechanism for... something or other.)

Thats my thoughts as well. XD

It's far more disturbing when it's some 2 foot 6'' little girl wielding a small truck sized hammer/sword. As I'm not entirely sure what thats meant to suggest/compensate for, nor do I want to know. (At least this game didn't have any small overly anime-cute cat/bunny looking characters from what I saw.)

Ah Asian stuff, when it's not disturbingly weird, it's often quite damn funny to look at.

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330
    AeriaGames isnt a bad company but its not necessarily good either...im actually waiting for LimeOdyssey but havent heard any news on it at all for a long long time...Aeria Games along with Gpotato arent known for caring about their players.
  • Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    the classes are very limited.. that's disappointing.

• dalin89dalin89 Member Posts: 33
    I'm  downloading it. Hope it is interesting 
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by Odinthedark1
    AeriaGames isnt a bad company but its not necessarily good either...im actually waiting for LimeOdyssey but havent heard any news on it at all for a long long time...Aeria Games along with Gpotato arent known for caring about their players.

HAI FAIV

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Gender locked classes? Boo...

so what are the male classes?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839
    no
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Gender locked classes? Boo...

so what are the male classes?

Actually it's Genderlocked AND race locked. :P

Males it was Warrior and Paladin.

Females are the Sorcceress and... I forget te actual name of the other but it's a mage/warrior hybrid that uses DOTS.

Basically, Males = melee, Females = magic

• RossbossRossboss Member Posts: 240

Isn't this the plan for every genderlocked game? It's sad you can't have strong women and smart men.

Honestly, you lost me at AeriaGames. I dislike their lack of community interaction and the amount of temporary items they have in their cash shops.

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
    I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
    I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.

Originally posted by Rossboss

Isn't this the plan for every genderlocked game? It's sad you can't have strong women and smart men.

Honestly, you lost me at AeriaGames. I dislike their lack of community interaction and the amount of temporary items they have in their cash shops.

Not "ALL" of them, but most yes.

• omega78omega78 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Originally posted by Rossboss

In regard to the gender lock thing. Eternal Blade (hosted by Gpotato, yet to be released) actually swapped the roles :P Genderlocked yes, but the tank is a female, the mage a male. Honestly though, I never had an issue with genderlocking, sure pointless genderlocking can be annoying; but only if you let it get to you, but genderlocking for telling a certain characters story (ie, you created a Lou, the Archer, you did not make an archer, but a person who is an archer, and you are watching his story) is something I personally find enjoyable. 

But meh, to each is his own, genderlock or not, I'm happy with it :p I'm probably not going to give DK a go though, the class selection seems a tad too boring for the time being.

• nethervoidnethervoid Member UncommonPosts: 531

I checked it out. It doesn't seem to have anything other games don't already have. Choose class -> Chop up mobs -> Chop up mobs... nothing else to do. We already have 20000 games that play exactly like this.

Edit: Wait sorry you can have guild keeps and do seiges on other people's keeps. ... Again there are lots of other games that do this.

Maybe they should do something different like only allow x amount of coin to be stored in banks, and then afterwards you need to build a dungeon to protect your loot. That would create TONS of content!

nethervoid - Est. '97
    [UO|EQ|SB|SWG|PS|HZ|EVE|NWN|WoW|VG|DF|SWTOR|SotA|BDO]
    24k subs YouTube Gaming channel