Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launch of DF:UW postponed !

Comments

• jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by Niquity
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

new launch date is  : 12-12-12

one of these 12's must be te year i guess ;)

Well i know my chickens and that they supbar to other developer ...not only they have no clue about sandbox design they also miss any  deadline...

Im glad they made the right choice they had an option  release it befor they felt its was right because of a dead line or push it back and release it when it was ready regaurdless of a dead line. im sure they did there best to meet this dead line but decided to not release it on the 20th.

Well they did that with the original Darkfall for like 4 years...and well, that turned out fasntastic.

I was one of the ones who followed that game like a diehard for 6 years.   It has left a bitter taste in my mouth for all MMO developers who make promises.

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    fine

• egotripegotrip Member Posts: 875
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by khameleon
    Same old aventurine, I can't wait til they shutdown for good a year after release, one of the worst developers of all-time. 

Might not be the way to bet. 

People said it was vaporware and would never launch.  It launched.

People said it would never last.  Several years later its still running.

People said it would never grow.  Well there is this relaunch/new version coming.

Defying all odds, AV manages to continue, where many others have failed.

And no, I wasn't surprised at the date falling back, and am not getting my hopes  up for this new one.

But when it finally does go live, I plan on being there.

Yeah  !!!

Wooooooooooooh !!

Keep the dream alive bro

Iiii-iiiiiit's.... me!!! *Hooray*

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by egotrip
    Same old aventurine, I can't wait til they shutdown for good a year after release, one of the worst developers of all-time. 

People said it would never grow.  Well there is this relaunch/new version coming.

And no, I wasn't surprised at the date falling back, and am not getting my hopes  up for this new one.

Yeah  !!!

Wooooooooooooh !!

Keep the dream alive bro

I was wondering when you would finally make an appearance. Welcome back to the fray. The madness and days of Darkfall are upon us once again. God help us all.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

Is anyone actually surprised?

+1 no.

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,184

most people are like me and are disappointed because 1. they want to play the game, 2. they're tired of AV lying (missing a date, pushing it back, promising to release info but not, "gameplay" videos that arent even close to gameplay videos) they're all lies. 

I personally can't wait for another developer to even come close to competing in this style of game, I'll be gone for good.

• egotripegotrip Member Posts: 875
    Originally posted by Cecropia

I was wondering when you would finally make an appearance. Welcome back to the fray. The madness and days of Darkfall are upon us once again. God help us all.

Yeah i thought i 'd make an appearance, just for auld lang syne.

But it's not fun anymore....

It's like kicking a toothless paraplegic puppy............for the second time around............just waaaaaaay too easy.

What about you ?

Did you ever get around to ACTUALLY playing the game or are you still just wishing them well from far far far far far far far far far far...far far far far far...far , far away ? (and of course being condescending to people that simply don't like it) 

Iiii-iiiiiit's.... me!!! *Hooray*

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by egotrip
    Originally posted by Cecropia

Yeah i thought i 'd make an appearance, just for auld lang syne.

But it's not fun anymore....

It's like kicking a toothless paraplegic puppy............for the second time around............just waaaaaaay too easy.

What about you ?

Did you ever get around to ACTUALLY playing the game or are you still just wishing them well from far far far far far far far far far far...far far far far far...far , far away ? (and of course being condescending to people that simply don't like it) 

Hell yes. I played Darkfall for two and a half years. Second best gaming experience I've had in 27 years of video gaming. This time around I'm going to be there from day one, can't bloody wait ;)

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• langstondoglangstondog Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Well I was really excited to play Darkfall during Thanksgiving week after school finals. But i'm sure this will make things better eh.
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

its alot like the first delay for the first gam the jan to febuary its about the same time frame and they didnt miss the second release date its just to close to miss it

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Well seeing as DF : UW was originally supposed to be the expansion DF2010, and never came out I really doubt it's coming out any time near the pushed back date even.
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    Well seeing as DF : UW was originally supposed to be the expansion DF2010, and never came out I really doubt it's coming out any time near the pushed back date even.

wanna bet?

• KrashnerKrashner Member Posts: 137
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm
    Originally posted by Grixxitt
    Originally posted by Kaynos1972
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Originally posted by Biskop

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Krashner

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No. (P.S. I don't actually care about the game, I just wanted to add to the train of "No" :3.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    Originally posted by grumbagz

Well i know my chickens and that they supbar to other developer ...not only they have no clue about sandbox design they also miss any  deadline...

technically, they dont miss them if they just push them back..... just sayin.

They've been pushing this back since 2010

This. What'a a few more months?

Originally posted by tom_gore
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    Originally posted by grumbagz

technically, they dont miss them if they just push them back..... just sayin.

They've been pushing this back since 2010

This. What'a a few more months?

its only going to be 3 weeks  

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

I know its hard to actually follow the development of Darkfall but in there defence they didn't pushed it back since 2010.

First thing they planned was a new expansion after hellfreeze. The project name of this expansion was darkfall 2010. They were adding more and more stuff, one of these things are the new monoliths and village system. So they chnaged the project name to the offical expansion name Darkfall:Arena. While adding more of the stuff they wanted they  unfortunately hit more and more engine limitations. A good example are the enviromental sounds. With the old engine they had to place every sound zone manually which is a shit ton of work instead of adding sound areas or sound to certain objects. Another example are load lags which couldn't be solved without having crashes as we had at release. 

So they had to change the engine and code it from scratch, this project was called Darkfall 2.0, an internal project name which changed later to the offical name Darkfall:Unholy Wars. so the decision to make a new game came while developing then ext expansion.

All this could have been communicated much better but AV fails horrible in this part and another thing is that they simply didn't know themself what to do. 

• khelbonkhelbon Member UncommonPosts: 124

Originally posted by MadnessRealm Originally posted by Grixxitt Originally posted by Kaynos1972 Originally posted by Badaboom Originally posted by Biskop Originally posted by Crunchy222 Is anyone actually surprised?    
    No.
    No.
    No.
      No.
    No.
    No.

No!

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Lets be realistic here people....the difference from DF and DF UW is:

DF is old crapp, DF UW is new crap.

If in almost a decade they made a crap mmorpg that was postponed many times to release as crap, do you really think now its going to be any different?

The devs are the same, the money they got is the same ( none ), they are still amateur, they are still a small team, they are still a bunch of liars, we know nothing about the game, nothing...and it would release in a couple of days....

They are not to be blamed....YOU ARE TO BE BLAMED,  yes you the person that supports and gives them attention.

If everyone just looks at this game, and others like Mortal Online and laughs at the developers and sends a message that they are a friking joke, then maybe games like this will cease to exist.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by khelbon

Originally posted by Crunchy222 Is anyone actually surprised?    
    No.
    No.
    No.
      No.
    No.
    No.

No.

No.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Pocahinha

Lets be realistic here people....the difference from DF and DF UW is:

DF is old crapp, DF UW is new crap.

If in almost a decade they made a crap mmorpg that was postponed many times to release as crap, do you really think now its going to be any different?

The devs are the same, the money they got is the same ( none ), they are still amateur, they are still a small team, they are still a bunch of liars, we know nothing about the game, nothing...and it would release in a couple of days....

They are not to be blamed....YOU ARE TO BE BLAMED,  yes you the person that supports and gives them attention.

If everyone just looks at this game, and others like Mortal Online and laughs at the developers and sends a message that they are a friking joke, then maybe games like this will cease to exist.

You are right about it being the same devs.  I really did love DF1 and have a lot of fond memores of my time there.  The thing that stands out to me is in 2010 I feel that Darkfall was at a tipping point.  People were starting to get their fill of Darkfall and were leaving/quiting.  The main complaints were that there were not enough sandbox features and Darkfall had become just a big pvp arena.  People were holidng out for the July expansion pack and it was supposed to have sandbox features which would renew interest in Darkfall.  The expansion/patch comes out and.....(drum roll)....we got funhulks.  That was their big sandbox feature. 

Before that, I thought AV understood what the players were asking for.  Local banking and zone specific resources.  Better, more fleshed out crafting system.  Things unrelated to pvp.  Systems in place that added complexity and layers of depth.  Nope, we got funhulks.

• ThububThubub Member UncommonPosts: 62

Ok, so wouldn't it be the best practical joke of all time if they just drop everything and never release.  To find out the new Darkfall: UW is actually vaporware, that would be amazing. 

Seriously, who actually beleived it would release "on time".  There is no "on time" with Avertine.   12-12-12 will turn into 1st quarter 2013, then that will turn into July 1st release....  and so on, and so on.

• Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    You guys better watch out! The game may be pushed back to 13-13-13!

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
    http://www.plurk.com/Random_

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Hate the game or love it, keep in mind that these guys had to commute to work through constant riots.

Think your daily is bad? The fact that they arnt bankrupt and their actually releasing something in the short term is pretty incredible imo.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

Those guys never learn...  never deliver lol