Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has the mass exodus begun for GW2?

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Well maybe this "mass exodus" will free up a spot for my friend so he can join us on Tarnished Coast.  I'm going to continue with having fun in a game I enjoy. Good luck to all those people who can't.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

Yeah, there is a mass exodus and even though the servers say full, it's all a conspiracy and they are really empty.  Tinfoil hat much?

No, my server is full and alive.  And on top of that, folks that ranted about the game and are still ranting are still playing it, so that says something right there.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Originally posted by chaintm

Actually due to this thread…

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Thoughts-on-Ascended-Gear-Merged-threads/first

I am leaving the game as well.. don't take me wrong its a good game and all, but this changes everything for players like me. I wish everyone a good farewell and gl in the future, for some will like this. I however, do not and won’t participate. This was NOT suppose to happen in GW2 according to so many interviews and post from the devs. It feels like a slap to the face to be honest, the grind was never to be part of GW2 never, now it is if you want to "compete" and it seems this is just step one in many more releases according to one rep that said basicly collect threw out the year and into the future.

Hombre, 2 things.

1. The gear is in between Exotic and Legendary gear.  It's not better than legendary.

2. The slots are actually for adding things that fine-tune against a new mechanic called Agony... it has no relevance to pvp or WvW.  You can't add stats in them from what I have read.

Maybe find out all of the details before making your final determination.  They haven't busted out a bunch of details on it.

• rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188

Ppl so get used to carrot on a stick that they cant manage their entertainment in GW2. There is so much activities to do at lvl 80. All that "game  is boring" complainers haven't even done 50% of what current state of GW2 offers. They just came from WoW or other grind fuck games and whine for changes to make GW2 second WoW. I'm mad at ArenaNet that they felt under the whiners pressure just like Blizzard did. Dunno how will it end. Ppl are retarded and in order to feel progress they need better gear, but normal ppl should progress their personal skill not through gear but through hounderds of hours they spent on playing and training proffession and learning tacts. I'm feeling my progress, i sucked as a Guardian but after playing some more hours every day  i'm better. My timing is faster, now i know how and when use my skills properly i learned how to swap weapons efficently and there are still a lot of space for me to progress. Progressing is not only the carrot on a stick and if players don't realize that nothing will change and GW2 will fall on another MMO clone train.

I was and im still hardcore fan of ArenaNet, but...now there is a scratch on their monument, i hope it will not grow, cuz eventually it will fall like Blizz. They should stick to their philosophy and ignore complainers. As i said there is ton of activities You can do at lvl 80, just discover it.

As for PvE there is so much room for imporvements.

They can make encounter harder not by rising its gear lvl requirement, but by designing more hardcore mechanics. Force players to use their brain, remove corpse run from the dungeons, so that will bring the wipe factor, make mobs more active, not just tank and spank, give ppl possibility to use the enviroment around, think about new PvE modes, not only dungeons.

There is a lot of room for PvE improvements for hardcore players. Make survival paths in dungeons with no possibility to ress after death (tp will appear after wipe), bring “brain” puzzles (not jumping puzzles) to the dungeons (for example in Asura style dung, there will be s place with “PC” and u will have to enter the code, every digit of the password you will be able to guess or reveal after completing math puzzles(text puzzles, sudoku>), every bad password the system will spawn set of mobs and You have only 3 tries, after 3rd try protector boss will spawn and will open protector path  for players,but if u enter password correctly that will open another path), they can also bring some hardcore jumping puzzles that will require timing from all the team, make it time dependant so if u fail to finish it will open some new path and if u win it will open another path, they can make mechanics based on sound (let me explain, You 're walking in a dungeons and You hear sth behind the walls, lauder and lauder and based on that sound You have to dodge piles or sith destroying walls and crushing through the flor you are stepping, dodge and correct positioning would be required). Pathing in GW2 dungs is a great idea so they can expand this more.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by rastapastor

Ppl so get used to carrot on a stick that they cant manage their entertainment in GW2. There is so much activities to do at lvl 80. All that "game  is boring" complainers haven't even done 50% of what current state of GW2 offers. They just came from WoW or other grind fuck games and whine for changes to make GW2 second WoW. I'm mad at ArenaNet that they felt under the whiners pressure just like Blizzard did. Dunno how will it end. Ppl are retarded and in order to feel progress they need better gear, but normal ppl should progress their personal skill not through gear but through hounderds of hours they spent on playing and training proffession and learning tacts. I'm feeling my progress, i sucked as a Guardian but after playing some more hours every day  i'm better. My timing is faster, now i know how and when use my skills properly i learned how to swap weapons efficently and there are still a lot of space for me to progress. Progressing is not only the carrot on a stick and if players don't realize that nothing will change and GW2 will fall on another MMO clone train.

I was and im still hardcore fan of ArenaNet, but...now there is a scratch on their monument, i hope it will not grow, cuz eventually it will fall like Blizz. They should stick to their philosophy and ignore complainers. As i said there is ton of activities You can do at lvl 80, just discover it.

As for PvE there is so much room for imporvements.

They can make encounter harder not by rising its gear lvl requirement, but by designing more hardcore mechanics. Force players to use their brain, remove corpse run from the dungeons, so that will bring the wipe factor, make mobs more active, not just tank and spank, give ppl possibility to use the enviroment around, think about new PvE modes, not only dungeons.

There is a lot of room for PvE improvements for hardcore players. Make survival paths in dungeons with no possibility to ress after death (tp will appear after wipe), bring “brain” puzzles (not jumping puzzles) to the dungeons (for example in Asura style dung, there will be s place with “PC” and u will have to enter the code, every digit of the password you will be able to guess or reveal after completing math puzzles(text puzzles, sudoku>), every bad password the system will spawn set of mobs and You have only 3 tries, after 3rd try protector boss will spawn and will open protector path  for players,but if u enter password correctly that will open another path), they can also bring some hardcore jumping puzzles that will require timing from all the team, make it time dependant so if u fail to finish it will open some new path and if u win it will open another path, they can make mechanics based on sound (let me explain, You 're walking in a dungeons and You hear sth behind the walls, lauder and lauder and based on that sound You have to dodge piles or sith destroying walls and crushing through the flor you are stepping, dodge and correct positioning would be required). Pathing in GW2 dungs is a great idea so they can expand this more.

How do you know how far someone got before they consider GW2 boring?

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Thoughts-on-Ascended-Gear-Merged-threads/first

I am leaving the game as well.. don't take me wrong its a good game and all, but this changes everything for players like me. I wish everyone a good farewell and gl in the future, for some will like this. I however, do not and won’t participate. This was NOT suppose to happen in GW2 according to so many interviews and post from the devs. It feels like a slap to the face to be honest, the grind was never to be part of GW2 never, now it is if you want to "compete" and it seems this is just step one in many more releases according to one rep that said basicly collect threw out the year and into the future.

Yeah, GWoW2 , no thnx.

You can discuss and say the exodus won't happen, but i know for FACT i won't play this game ever again. Meh I got my 50 out of it and I know a few that feel the same. I could be wrong here, but I never seen so many say "yeah, I am done too" and talk about playing Magic The Gathering 2013 and more , I think Anet is going to bite a big bullet on this move. Just my thoughts on it anyways.

I realize there is a thread about this topic so this is more about people actually leaving over it. I beleive many will as I will. I have yet to go back to starwars the old republic for promises broken there so I see no reason to go back to gw2. Your thoughts? Are you leaving? have you just thought "bah I don't care!".

Just seems like another money grab, just like the "there will be no changes in this up-coming maintance" ,, people log into WvWvW and now siege equipement only last exactly 10min then the previous 30min. Seems GW2 to me at least is becoming a money hog.

-chaintm

Well looking at that forum post. It's 160 pages long.

lots of people seem worried. But if you ok with grinding for cosmetic gear what's wrong with doing the same grind for stat improvement gear? 

Not bashing you, just I don't understand that.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

@ OP,

if you want to protest, just play their games but don't support their CS at all.

Enjoy yourself then leave after you are done.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
    The mass exodus started on september 3rd (8 days after launch) when it reached 93k hours on xfire. As of yesterday GW2 is at 13.7k hours played. Do the math.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174
    yes there will be an exodus. If I don't get a sandbox game soon I'm gonna stop altogether playing mmos. This whole cycle of  1month themeparks is burning me out. 
  • lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Tokken

kinda, but they can come back when they want since it is not a sub game.

the new grind disappoints me though. I was hoping we would not go in that direction.

than it means i should not buy the game . this is exactly the reason i was waiting .not to put my wallet on the line till everything is clear . 

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    The mass exodus started on september 3rd (8 days after launch) when it reached 93k hours on xfire. As of yesterday GW2 is at 13.7k hours played. Do the math.

i dont use xfire

do you?

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
    I didn't participate in the scientific poll (which only included 2000 people) that predicted the election spot on. Did you?

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

Originally posted by RoyalPhunk
    yes there will be an exodus. If I don't get a sandbox game soon I'm gonna stop altogether playing mmos. This whole cycle of  1month themeparks is burning me out. 

Well the amount of money that seems to get put into sandboxes it likely directly proportional to the amount of players that want one.  Maybe you should try supporting sandboxes rather than themeparks.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by saurus123

i dont use xfire

do you?

There is also been a significant decrease in the amount of GW2 talk overheard at Denny's restaurants.  The numbers don't lie.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by saurus123

i dont use xfire

do you?

There is also been a significant decrease in the amount of GW2 talk overheard at Denny's restaurants.  The numbers don't lie.

look at WoW xfire its going down even faster

• KalstarkKalstark Member Posts: 63
    everyone saying they will never ever come back please post your names and server info so we can add you to ignore when you come back, all of you need a life and need to stop hating

• KalstarkKalstark Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by RoyalPhunk

or you and everyone like you could just stop now, who plays a game they know there not ganna enjoy and then does absolutly nothing but go to a site and troll and complain? pathetic

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Yeah, GWoW2 , no thnx.

You can discuss and say the exodus won't happen, but i know for FACT i won't play this game ever again. Meh I got my 50 out of it and I know a few that feel the same. I could be wrong here, but I never seen so many say "yeah, I am done too" and talk about playing Magic The Gathering 2013 and more , I think Anet is going to bite a big bullet on this move. Just my thoughts on it anyways.

I realize there is a thread about this topic so this is more about people actually leaving over it. I beleive many will as I will. I have yet to go back to starwars the old republic for promises broken there so I see no reason to go back to gw2. Your thoughts? Are you leaving? have you just thought "bah I don't care!".

Just seems like another money grab, just like the "there will be no changes in this up-coming maintance" ,, people log into WvWvW and now siege equipement only last exactly 10min then the previous 30min. Seems GW2 to me at least is becoming a money hog.

-chaintm

Well looking at that forum post. It's 160 pages long.

lots of people seem worried. But if you ok with grinding for cosmetic gear what's wrong with doing the same grind for stat improvement gear? 

Not bashing you, just I don't understand that.

Exactly.  The answer is because they say that Anet told them it wouldn't happen that way.  It's not the grind.  Apparently it is because they were told one thing and something else is supposedly happening.  I don't agree with them, because technically speaking what is being introduced isn't what these outraged people are describing.  That thread is a prime example of what happens when someone yells "fire" in a theater.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    `

Here is an screenshot of a DE I was in yesterday. Those blacked out names are people that were still playing in a mid level zone that are supposedly ghost towns anymore.  Was the mass exodus supposed to happen tomorrow? I missed the memo.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Here is an screenshot of a DE I was in yesterday. Those blacked out names are people that were still playing in a mid level zone that are supposedly ghost towns anymore.  Was the mass exodus supposed to happen tomorrow? I missed the memo.

We can now say for certain, there were at least 24 people still playing GW2 at the time of this screen shot.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

We can now say for certain, there were at least 24 people still playing GW2 at the time of this screen shot.

Hahaha

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

Ganderran (spelling?) fields was decently busy today. That is a 25-35 zone, so I'm not seeing a sharp decline in the areas I'm playing atm. I've been enjoying leveling my warrior alt and I haven't had trouble with a single event so far because of population.

P.S. I'm amazed at the replayability because this is my second human, same zones, but the experience has been pretty different due to the DE system. So in short, I'm not leaving!

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

Haven't been back to that place since early september.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Yeah, GWoW2 , no thnx.

-chaintm

Op sorry to see you go, remember you can always return for free later. Thank you for buying and thus helping support GW2 and helping make it the great game it is!