Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Lost Shores Get Ready Set Go! Prepare

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Ladies&Gentlemen Start your engines

Who knew so fast we will get faced with new progression content. It goes to show you atleast the company listens. I have never complained because its far too eary for that. But I did know the game needed some sort of I did this feeling thats not cosmetic. And here we are 3 days from it. Are you ready for it? Did you grind enough money? Are you full exotic or just gonna say F it and head into the dungeon? I did a little break down and mentality to have for it in the link above. But as always i like a good convo here.

Comments

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    Gotta think they will have a lenient first boss atleast. You maybe on your own after that judging by past dungeons lol...
    Cant wait to infuse defense on my stuff SOO OP lol...
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Let the grind for gear BEGIN!! LOL

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Originally posted by Tokken

Unfortunately yes I knew it sneak its way in somehow lol.

• KalestonKaleston Member Posts: 173

Well, I don't think anyone but ANet knows how exactly strong these new items are going to be. From description it felt like they will be simply made for these dungeons. You need infusion slots to protect yourslef against "agony" condition. But they never mentioned they would like to use this condition outside of dungeons.

If it works this way, it would mean people who will need it are those who want to play "end-game" dungeons. If I'm right, it's win-win scenario. People who need end-game dungeon grinding and gear progression will be happy and at the same time it wil have very small impact on outside world.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Except PVE progression is the opposite of what was needed.

It's the PvP progression that requires serious work.

If it does end up OP they will nerf it to the ground fast
  • Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

There is a space between 'no progression at endgame' and 'gear grind'.

Claiming otherwise on either side of the argement reflects personal bias.

Better to ask whether the compromise ANet are attempting between those calling for progression and those against it is a reasonable one considering the vociferous nature of both camps.

• MadamefateMadamefate Member Posts: 171
    I feel that this type of thing was needed. We had nothing to do beyond grind out legendaries. Not alot of my friends stuck around for that sadly.
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    i yust wanna see the bugfixes and what will happen during the event :D
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
    They tend to go after bug fixes standalone more than in content patches.
    I am SOOO glad I didn't waste all my gold getting full exotics yet. I would be in that (Umad) crowd I see in the official forums.
  • Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Madamefate
    I am SOOO glad I didn't waste all my gold getting full exotics yet. I would be in that (Umad) crowd I see in the official forums.

I'm pretty sure that's where most of the irational outrage is coming from. I mean, it's not like people continually replaced their old gear throughout the game with higher quality one or anything. Oh, wait.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    Originally posted by Methos12

I'm pretty sure that's where most of the irational outrage is coming from. I mean, it's not like people continually replaced their old gear throughout the game with higher quality one or anything. Oh, wait.

LOL I know right its just the next step in progression. I mean I don't want to run around with the same gear forever just pallete swapping it rofl..

• EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286

Only getting rings/backslot ascended items this patch.   You'll still need exotics for the other pieces until the next major content update.

Well it's ok I'll just work on the new gear I guess. I just reached 80 2 weeks ago so not like I had the gear long.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I wont get excited about GW2 until they decide to implement some sort of Alternate Advancement or Post Level Cap character Progression.  Either EQ's AA system or DAoC's RR system would do this game well.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

I so ready. War/Guard/Necro/Engi all lvl 80 and exotic geared.

That dungeon better watch its ass.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

How does gold factor into it at all? Get tokens from dungeons, get exotic gears...

Unless you are a bad and die an obscene amount in dungeons, then i guess it could get expensive...?

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

If you look at the main forums wasted gold is exactly what they are complaining about. Gold doesn't matter anyway it's easily farmed. I always caution people this game just came out. So why would you expect things to be two year polished in 3 months.  That is unrealistic but you can't make anyone understand or have patience.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Looking forward to the event, but I don't think I'll be rushing in to take part in the dungeon.   It all depends on how cool that armor looks. The stats are meaningless to me.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Toxia

How does gold factor into it at all? Get tokens from dungeons, get exotic gears...

Unless you are a bad and die an obscene amount in dungeons, then i guess it could get expensive...?

Actually, using karma to buy them from a temple in Orr is easier now. Sure, 42K karma for piece might sound like a lot, but you seems to get a karma pot with 4500 karma in every time you do your daily nowadays and you also get it for DEs so getting your 6 armor pieces is fast.

Crafting a exotic armor do cost some money unless you are really lucky and get the right drops and enough ecto from salvaging 2 rares that arent worth that much, but it wont cost more than 2 golds a piece even in worst case scenario.

It is still worth it, exo is a huge upgrade from rare and I have a feeling ascended will take longer and cost a lot more to get, and the advantages you get from already wearing exo will make it a lot faster to get the new gear or gold for buying it.

So yeah, exo gear is relatively easy to get and you can get it for free, even if it will take some work.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Methos12

Yeah, reading some of these posts, I'm reminded of when TBC came out - very similar shock and outrage. Eventually people will figure out the whole 'cap' and 'endgame' thing. After all, it's been over a decade now, with 20 or 30 MMOs to learn from. Geez, forget MMOs, how many Tiers has WoW alone put out? Some of these people are bound to get a clue at some point.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

You would think by now they would. But the real QQ in this is people thought they could just be strong all the time in this game and do nothing. Now you have to start working again they are complaining. The company never said they were giving out free rides people only ASSUMED they were.
    HEY! I'm not complaining just a little shocked I don't mind working