Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In your opinion, how can DF2 be improved?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    you might be jumping the gun with this thread.  as far as i understand it, no one has actually seen/tried the final product of df2.0 so its kinda silly to give ideas to improve it, when those very ideas may very well be what have been done already or veto'ed for something else.
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Beginning of an end this thread is.

3....2....1... let the shitstorm commence!

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Wow people make a negative out of anything now days. Lol.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Exactly how is anyone supposed to answer your question when no one has ever played it? 

• KrashnerKrashner Member Posts: 137

A lot of people get upset over Darkfall, over what it could of been and what we have to settle for.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Krashner

A lot of people get upset over Darkfall, over what it could of been and what we have to settle for.

Well I just asked how it could be improved in their opinion. Nothing negative about that. Still doesn't justify the negative reaction.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Wait, there will be a Darkfall 2?  I mean I heard about them shutting down the game to bug fix, wipe characters, and change the title, but didn't realize they were adding enough (anything) to call it a sequel now.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    "Don't be silly!  Darkfall Unholy Wars has all sorts of new features!  Here, let me link you to the Darkfall 1 features page where you can read about how those features are currently working in the game!"
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I think it can be improved by waiting to play it, seeing what, if anything is wrong with it, then posting that information here.  Of course that in and of itself is subject to scrutiny.
  • KrashnerKrashner Member Posts: 137

Well I just asked how it could be improved in their opinion. Nothing negative about that. Still doesn't justify the negative reaction.

A lot of us have made suggestions, but the hardcore crowd prefer their game to be a giant deathmatch instead of a sandbox. Last time I even mentioned the words "safe zones" I got mutliple paragraghs insulting me. The game needs varying degrees of safety like EvE. As it stands Darkfall has too much risk and way too little reward.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

A lot of us have made suggestions, but the hardcore crowd prefer their game to be a giant deathmatch instead of a sandbox. Last time I even mentioned the words "safe zones" I got mutliple paragraghs insulting me. The game needs varying degrees of safety like EvE. As it stands Darkfall has too much risk and way too little reward.

The "diehards" on the forums are the ones that have been ruining the 'evolving' of Darkfall since day#1 just because they're deathmatch fans.

One can only hope, it's a little bit more "new player friendly" this time around, specially with the safezones and a complete "newbie island" experience, topped with nice simple UI and hopefully a simpler mechanics for things in general

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

You can't really judge it yet. The game is not out and we do not know much about the changes/gameplay.  Time will tell when the game is released and we can see for ourselves how it should need improvement. But until then this question doesn't hold much merit.