Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking back at MMOExposed's spotlight thread regarding Lacking of tanking mechanics leads to zergfe

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/286958/page/1

well that's the thread that got him Spotlight Poster.

now looking back on it, was He right about GW2?

not trying to stir emotions by the way. Serious question about his spotlight post in the past.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Never read the original post, but after doing the GW2-threadmill, i agree, lack of tanking mechanic made almost every dungeon encounter a headless-chicken chase.

But on the other hand, it wasn't any single persons fault when shit went haywire, nor was success ever depentant on any single class being up or part of the group.

So the poll should really have a yes & no option aswell.

WvW was/is 99% zergfest, that was to be expected.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Speaking in third person now are we? SP is serious business I guess.

Not seeing a lot of zerging myself but i don't PvP at all.

EDIT: This is your opening post in its entirety: I say PvE without a tanking system is nothing more than a Zerg Fest.

THAT got you SP?

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    WvW is a huge zerg fest, but i guess it was made that way. dont see how a tank mechanic would change that in any way.
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    GW2 dunguen never felt like a zerg feast to me, it ends up 1 person tanks when he need 2 get HP back he swirtches with somone else.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    GW2 is a really boring game.  Something needs to be done.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384
    Originally posted by Karteli

Well he didn't say that, but he did say it would be zergfest.

you agree?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

you agree?

Who the hell are you then?

Originally posted by kadepsyson

you agree?

At this point I think he meant to post OP as an alt account. Or all the forum power has gone to his head!image

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

When I was twelve years old, I decided to talk in third person for a day.  I lasted almost half an hour before I gave up because of how dumb I realized it was.  That was a decade and a half ago for me.

And you know something?  I still think it's dumb.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879
    Ecoces disagrees with your assesment, though Ecoces thinks Anet could have done a bit better with their dungeons so Ecoces and his guildies could enjoy them a bit more
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by bartoni33
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

you agree?

At this point I think he meant to post OP as an alt account. Or all the forum power has gone to his head!image

Yada Yada ... Accept what you see.  I didn't generate the emotions from either posts.

I stand by what was said.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Went through AC a couple days ago with a pug. I died once.  We fought as a group instead of a bunch of solo players that think their role is the most important in the party. It was alot of fun and I gained a few new people on my friends list.  Is that a zerg?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    He thinks he was right. Lol wut? This split personality 3rd person thing is weird.
  • VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Lol um I think someone is looking to boost their ego. I'm not going to answer that poll out of principle :)
  • YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Uh...Do you have some kind of personality disorder?
  • SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    For the dungeons, sure its a zerg fest if you don't know how to play with other bad players but with a good group, nope not at all. For the WvW, to a certain degree yeah absolutely but a good organized guild/alliance can beat a zerg pretty easily.
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

A 10mins wondering around the world or doing a dungeon will factually prove to anyone playing GW2 that MMOExposed was right.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Original "I say PvE without a tanking system is nothing more than a Zerg Fest."

Hardly, done plenty of dungeons without wipes. I've beat Champion Status enemies single handedly. Dodge, Blocks, Chills, Cripples, Crowd Controls make it easy :) I've beat GROUP dynamic events single handedly and many more in a 2 man team. Haven't done any of these with the really big world bosses yet, since everyone seems to show up to pitch in there.

Its more of if you have two heavy armor or "tank"/bunker builds then you would split up the aggro to the best of your abilities in a dungeon.

On the other hand, having multiple MMORPG accounts and using them with what appears to be different personalities is something out there...

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Spookydom decided after reading the first post that he would speak in the third person as well for the duration of this post because it looks like anybody can get away with it. Spookydom is wondering what he should have for breakfast right now. He is thinking a nice bacon sandwich. Was he right? Or should he have a nice healthy bowl of Museli?
  • IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by SirFubar
    For the dungeons, sure its a zerg fest if you don't know how to play with other bad players but with a good group, nope not at all. For the WvW, to a certain degree yeah absolutely but a good organized guild/alliance can beat a zerg pretty easily.

Especially if you pick and call your targets, can make short work of twice your odds. I join up with strike teams in WvW and stay clear of the huge zerg pack myself.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

People learn a way of doing things and when they are confronted with a situation where that way doesn't work they complain and leave instead of trying to learn something else. Sometimes they will even say if they wanted to do that they would play some other game genre because mingling things is a very bad thing.

Things should always remain the same, with no differences, because otherwise is too much confusion and the brain can't adapt.

No tanks, green is better than blue, red circles instead of green goo...

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

Originally posted by spookydom
    Spookydom decided after reading the first post that he would speak in the third person as well for the duration of this post because it looks like anybody can get away with it. Spookydom is wondering what he should have for breakfast right now. He is thinking a nice bacon sandwich. Was he right? Or should he have a nice healthy bowl of Museli?

Bartoni33 always advocates Bacon for Breakfast. Bartoni33 feels that non-clogged veins are for losers. Cholesterol or death Bartoni33 always squeakes out of his bloated pie-hole. Was he right?

Not trying to stir Museli by the way. Serious question about his cholesterol levels in the past.

• Ethos86Ethos86 Member Posts: 124
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

People learn a way of doing things and when they are confronted with a situation where that way doesn't work they complain and leave instead of trying to learn something else. Sometimes they will even say if they wanted to do that they would play some other game genre because mingling things is a very bad thing.

Things should always remain the same, with no differences, because otherwise is too much confusion and the brain can't adapt.

No tanks, green is better than blue, red circles instead of green goo...

Ethos86 thinks that you just made the best poll he has ever seen on these forums. Kudos to you from him.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by bartoni33
    Originally posted by spookydom

Bartoni33 always advocates Bacon for Breakfast. Bartoni33 feels that non-clogged veins are for losers. Cholesterol or death Bartoni33 always squeakes out of his bloated pie-hole. Was he right?

Not trying to stir Museli by the way. Serious question about his cholesterol levels in the past.

Piiritus agrees with him.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/286958/page/1

well that's the thread that got him Spotlight Poster.

now looking back on it, was He right about GW2?

not trying to stir emotions by the way. Serious question about his spotlight post in the past.

You really think that you are going to get an honest answer in the GW2 forum lol. You really think that people are going to admit that GW2 dungeons are mainly a graveyard zerg.

This discussion has been closed.