Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bioware-- first company to charge for your skill bars in your ui.

Bioware the first f2p company to charge you for your skill bars in your ui, i think they might as well charge you everytiem you try to login and customize your new character too while they are at it.

OOOO yea how about those slide bars that you customize your character with , heyyyy they might want to charge for those slide bars too.

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by MeGaTronPower

Bioware the first f2p company to charge you for your skill bars in your ui, i think they might as well charge you everytiem you try to login and customize your new character too while they are at it.

OOOO yea how about those slide bars that you customize your character with , heyyyy they might want to charge for those slide bars too.

BioWare ceased to exist in 2007, when EA bought them.  The BioWare doctors who ran their company already resigned.  It's all EA baby.

If you have gripes, focus your pain and suffering on EA :P

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    I find it amusing that failware still thinks they even have a game in swtor.
  • xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805
    Originally posted by LIOKI

Its all salvaging keep making money while you can. when profit draws closer to 0 they will pull the plug at that point.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Bioware the first f2p company to charge you for your skill bars in your ui

And they will probably be the last.

There is a difference between microtransactions and pure exploitism.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

EA thinks that skill bars are best part of their game.

well they might be right.

Let's internet

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    EA, not Bioware. Bioware is dead.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Innovation right there.
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

And people are prancing around screaming how P2P is dead.

Watch out what you are wishing for.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Bioware the first f2p company to charge you for your skill bars in your ui

Sad but true....

I can´t believe what Bioware has turned into :(

Sad days...

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Bioware the first f2p company to charge you for your skill bars in your ui, i think they might as well charge you everytiem you try to login and customize your new character too while they are at it. OOOO yea how about those slide bars that you customize your character with , heyyyy they might want to charge for those slide bars too.

Bioware was true to their word! revolutionizing the industry!

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

oh, there are already people planning to spend 200 bucks and more on craptastic virtual items from the cartel store.

Now with the remaining hardcore player base, the milking is ready to begin

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by FromHell

oh, there are already people planning to spend 200 bucks and more on craptastic virtual items from the cartel store.

They must have brought on former Funcom staff members as consultants. 

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Funcom could have done a hundred times better job on the whole game, they should have given the Star Wars IP to them

The Return of ELITE !

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

The problem is that cash shop games peak out on revenue pretty quickly, before tapering off to very little.  Bioware EA has a long while to go before they finish paying for the cost to make, license, and market the game.  Even after they do get to that point, they're still giving a hefty percentage in royalties to Lucas Arts.  In short, there will be very little milk from this cow.

You make me like charity

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Funcom could have done a hundred times better job on the whole game, they should have given the Star Wars IP to them

I am not speaking about Funcom's ability to create games. AO was one of my favorite old school MMOs. Until the company learned they could unreasonably monitize it's existing loyal playerbase to make up for the lost revenue from not keeping the game updated and creating new content.

Isn't one of Funcom's  buyers EA? (since their troubles)

Funcom dug their own grave.  Having SWTOR in the hands of another EA lacky wouldn't help much for SW fans.

If SOE had SWTOR, that would almost certainly be better than the current situation.  SOE knew about their screwups.  EA doesn't know about SW screwups, so they are below SOE.

Originally posted by Karteli

Funcom dug their own grave.  Having SWTOR in the hands of another EA lacky wouldn't help much for SW fans.

If SOE had SWTOR, that would almost certainly be better than the current situation.  SOE knew about their screwups.  EA doesn't know about SW screwups, so they are below SOE.

Funcom is completely independent, they only used EA as a freakin' disc publisher and for logistics, they are not in the EA grave like Bioware.

Anyway either SOE or FC could have done an incredibly better product than Bioware slapped in our faces with TOR

The Return of ELITE !

Funcom is completely independent, they only used EA as a freakin' disc publisher and for logisitcs, they are not in the EA grave like Bioware.

Anyway either SOE or FC could have done an incredibly better product than Bioware slapped in our faces with TOR

Funcom got into bed with EA.  They are no longer independant.

Funcom is going bankrupt (numbers, man, numbers).

Rumors abound of interest by EA to acquire Funcom (hit em while they are low).

The Secret World might charge for Action Bars, one day.  UI too.  I don't see that as good.  To the OP's post, SWTOR's Freemium might carry over to TSW.

You can keep saying that Funcom is independant, that's fine.  They are hurting, and they are looking for a way out.  TSW was not a successful MMORPG.

BioWare isn't independant, far from it.  The doctors running the company sold it in 2007.  Every action from early game release to early patch release was at the hands of EA.  Share a bed with EA and you get a paycheck but you are done.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Funcom is completely independent, they only used EA as a freakin' disc publisher and for logistics, they are not in the EA grave like Bioware.

Like how AoC was a pretty big flop?  TSW is doing well mainly because its a new and different vibe that the traditional fantasy.  EAWare made the mistake of making a WoW clone which pretty much equates to a misread of what the consumers wanted.  SWTOR has a great story and really lover the whole party dialogue options but the limitations in the other aspects of the game sealed its fate.  I find it doubtful that Funcom would have done much better, hence the Failcom stigmata.    But really... EAWare is a single player RPG company with bout zero experience in the MMO world or what experience they acquired wasn't sufficient.  Thats like having some fancy dancy fasion model company that sells shoes for $1,000s of dollars all of a sudden make practical outdoor hiking shoes.... thats just a recepie of disaster.

Originally posted by Ambros123

Like how AoC was a pretty big flop?  TSW is doing well mainly because its a new and different vibe that the traditional fantasy.  EAWare made the mistake of making a WoW clone which pretty much equates to a misread of what the consumers wanted.  SWTOR has a great story and really lover the whole party dialogue options but the limitations in the other aspects of the game sealed its fate.  I find it doubtful that Funcom would have done much better, hence the Failcom stigmata.    But really... EAWare is a single player RPG company with bout zero experience in the MMO world or what experience they acquired wasn't sufficient.  Thats like having some fancy dancy fasion model company that sells shoes for $1,000s of dollars all of a sudden make practical outdoor hiking shoes.... thats just a recepie of disaster.

We shall see.  If you get too involved with what TSW offered, then you lose sight of what's going on behind you back.

We shall see. lulz.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061
    I will be truly surprised if the limit on hotbars stays. That alone will stop people from playing, not make them want to buy another bar.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

Funcom is completely independent, they only used EA as a freakin' disc publisher and for logisitcs, they are not in the EA grave like Bioware.

Funcom got into bed with EA.  They are no longer independant.

Funcom is going bankrupt (numbers, man, numbers).

Rumors abound of interest by EA to acquire Funcom (hit em while they are low).

The Secret World might charge for Action Bars, one day.  UI too.  I don't see that as good.  To the OP's post, SWTOR's Freemium might carry over to TSW.

You can keep saying that Funcom is independant, that's fine.  They are hurting, and they are looking for a way out.  TSW was not a successful MMORPG.

BioWare isn't independant, far from it.  The doctors running the company sold it in 2007.  Every action from early game release to early patch release was at the hands of EA.  Share a bed with EA and you get a paycheck but you are done.

Just throwing this in for posterity, so the thread can have a full quote .. not one cut and pasted.

• soximussoximus Member UncommonPosts: 18

Originally posted by asmkm22
    they're still giving a hefty percentage in royalties to Lucas Arts.

Of course you mean Disney Right... Seeing as they bought out Lucas Arts and all Said Companies IP's etc.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    It's crap.  I was planning on returning but I have a lvl 50 Sith Assasin and a lvl 35 Bounty hunter.  I'd already lose the action bars for my alt and can't imagine playing him gimped like that.  I'm going to try and hold out a while to see if they come to their senses on the action bars.  I'd consider paying for the extra character slots per server, but not action bars.
  • DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574

I think it's imperative we let this one sink. The nickel and diming has to stop and a big game needs to fall on its behind - a message needs to be sent.

This discussion has been closed.