Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst.Customer.Service.Ever

tiglietiglie Member UncommonPosts: 43

Begin rant.....I will attempt to keep this concise.

I am now on my THIRD "account safety" ban.............First was gold selling, second botting, now account comprimised.  Each ban has lasted a minimum of 24 hours while you wait for customer service to respond through this arcaic support ticket system.  

I will immediately stop you on the excuse the game is free to play.  It was not made free to play to lose profit.......arena saw the mass exodus from all recent releases and realized their best bets for long term profits was a cash shop.  This is no excuse to have a proper CS staff.  They are making boatload of cash.

I understand the want to stop botting from ruining the economy........problem here is, i still see SHITLOADS of bots, not to mention gold has went from what 15 dollars per 10g to 3 dollars per 10g....it's obviously working.  On the other hand there is page after page after page after page of closed topics on the account issues page regarding innocent people getting banned.  IF YOU ARE GOING TO INSTA BAN BASED ON A # OF REPORT THRESHOLD, YOU SHOULD HAVE AN AUTOMATED VERIFICATION SYSTEM TO RESTORE ACCOUNT USAGE.

I am 100% sure they ban based on number of reports.  Reason is simply, first ban i (stupidly) copied a gold sellers spam and changed the text to make a joke to someone about selling potatoes........30 seconds after saying it....boom banned...reason assisting gold sellers.  The other two bans......have occured after shortly wiping large groups of guilds we call out with a 5 man gank group.  I'm not bragging here, I'm saying it's obvious butthurt people are submitting false reports.  Every member of our group has been banned at some point for the same above reasons.  It is an immediate disconnect within a few minutes of fighting certain groups.

This is my rant, I'm sure other's have experienced it, it's complete shiiit in my opinion.

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by tiglie

I am now on my THIRD "account safety" ban.............First was gold selling, second botting, now account comprimised.  Each ban has lasted a minimum of 24 hours while you wait for customer service to respond through this arcaic support ticket system.  

I will immediately stop you on the excuse the game is free to play.  It was not made free to play to lose profit.......arena saw the mass exodus from all recent releases and realized their best bets for long term profits was a cash shop.  This is no excuse to have a proper CS staff.  They are making boatload of cash.

I understand the want to stop botting from ruining the economy........problem here is, i still see SHITLOADS of bots, not to mention gold has went from what 15 dollars per 10g to 3 dollars per 10g....it's obviously working.  On the other hand there is page after page after page after page of closed topics on the account issues page regarding innocent people getting banned.  IF YOU ARE GOING TO INSTA BAN BASED ON A # OF REPORT THRESHOLD, YOU SHOULD HAVE AN AUTOMATED VERIFICATION SYSTEM TO RESTORE ACCOUNT USAGE.

I am 100% sure they ban based on number of reports.  Reason is simply, first ban i (stupidly) copied a gold sellers spam and changed the text to make a joke to someone about selling potatoes........30 seconds after saying it....boom banned...reason assisting gold sellers.  The other two bans......have occured after shortly wiping large groups of guilds we call out with a 5 man gank group.  I'm not bragging here, I'm saying it's obvious butthurt people are submitting false reports.  Every member of our group has been banned at some point for the same above reasons.  It is an immediate disconnect within a few minutes of fighting certain groups.

This is my rant, I'm sure other's have experienced it, it's complete shiiit in my opinion.

Do you mean customer service, or in-game GM's?

In Green:

You copied and pasted a gold sellers message, changed a word to potatoes, then are 100% convinced bans come from the number of reports.  Something is amiss?  Did you send the tell to a friend or did you shout it?  Only 1 person could possible have reported you if you only sent it to one person.  More to this story...

other:

Oh and BTW just because ArenaNet is making a bunch of money doesn't mean they feel the need to put up with everyone.  It's the same for every game.  The ones who rock the boat get thrown overboard.  As someone who never got banned, I am amazed why ArenaNet would suddenly pick on one person .. unless there was more to the story.

Your post spent a great deal of time talking about others who do very bad stuff to a games EULA.  Perhaps talk about yourself and your situation more, and less about others.  Focusing more on others is a common form of misdirection, and people around here will see through it.  All the misdirection you mentioned is simply speculations and conjecture.

That all being said, I'm not a huge GW2 fan, I find the game boring.  But fair is fair.  I found in-game GM's and CS reasonable.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

A few good players jumping through hoops> A fuckton of bots breaking my game.

(i've been banned as well before, took like a day to get it reversed.)

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

I do all sorts of silly things and never been banned

they also responded to me in regards to account problems pretty fast, so their customer service is pretty stellar

not as good Eve, but good nonetheless

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• tiglietiglie Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Originally posted by Karteli

In Green:

You copied and pasted a gold sellers message, changed a word to potatoes, then are 100% convinced bans come from the number of reports.  Something is amiss?  Did you send the tell to a friend or did you shout it?  Only 1 person could possible have reported you if you only sent it to one person.  More to this story...

other:

Oh and BTW just because ArenaNet is making a bunch of money doesn't mean they feel the need to put up with everyone.  It's the same for every game.  The ones who rock the boat get thrown overboard.  As someone who never got banned, I am amazed why ArenaNet would suddenly pick on one person .. unless there was more to the story.

Your post spent a great deal of time talking about others who do very bad stuff to a games EULA.  Perhaps talk about yourself and your situation more, and less about others.  Focusing more on others is a common form of misdirection, and people around here will see through it.  All the misdirection you mentioned is simply speculations and conjecture.

That all being said, I'm not a huge GW2 fan, I find the game boring.  But fair is fair.  I found in-game GM's and CS reasonable.

Did you read.  It would be obvious if a CSR read the chat, it was more than one word changed.  Additionally, both other bans have occured directly after fights with guild who like to trash talk back and forth on the forums.  I can almost promise they reported members of my guild and me from pure butthurt.  It is suspicious when numerous players drop at nearly the same time after these fights.  

Not to mention numerous post from others on these same random ban issues.  Do you actually think when the average response to ticket time is 24-48 hours (quoted right from their forums), they are actually reviewing each individual report and having a human make the judgement call on ban....or are they banning, and then saying oops later....after cutting people's access off.  I agree, botting / gold farming is an issue, but this obviously is not working since the price of gold is down 1/10 of what it was, not to mention you see loads of bots in every starter zone teleport farming nodes, and bot trains underwater in many WvWvW zones.  

Again i'll repeat, if you are goint to instaban people, have a timely response system in place, not make someone wait multiple days for a response.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

User: Tiglie

Total Posts: 12

Posts bashing GW2: 9

Coincidence?  No.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    wait wait wait. I am confused. How was the group banned? A CS rep herself stated to a guildie that in WvWvW they only accept reports from same-server players, in order to NOT allow people to group-report innocent bystanders. The only reason I know is because we have several guild groups that roam WvWvW, and mysteriously 2 members were banned, so we contacted CS.
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Nevulus
    wait wait wait. I am confused. How was the group banned? A CS rep herself stated to a guildie that in WvWvW they only accept reports from same-server players, in order to NOT allow people to group-report innocent bystanders. The only reason I know is because we have several guild groups that roam WvWvW, and mysteriously 2 members were banned, so we contacted CS.

I hope that's not the case, as when threads on the forums pop up about other servers cheating, the response is always to report them. Why would they tell us to report them if they did nothing about it, you know?

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by Toxia
    Originally posted by Nevulus

I hope that's not the case, as when threads on the forums pop up about other servers cheating, the response is always to report them. Why would they tell us to report them if they did nothing about it, you know?

Yeah, exactly what I thought. So now I am thoroughly confused. My entire guild reported quite a few people from one specific server who were teleport hacking, yet they are still around.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Karteli

In Green:

other:

Did you read.  It would be obvious if a CSR read the chat, it was more than one word changed.  Additionally, both other bans have occured directly after fights with guild who like to trash talk back and forth on the forums.  I can almost promise they reported members of my guild and me from pure butthurt.  It is suspicious when numerous players drop at nearly the same time after these fights.  

Not to mention numerous post from others on these same random ban issues.  Do you actually think when the average response to ticket time is 24-48 hours (quoted right from their forums), they are actually reviewing each individual report and having a human make the judgement call on ban....or are they banning, and then saying oops later....after cutting people's access off.  I agree, botting / gold farming is an issue, but this obviously is not working since the price of gold is down 1/10 of what it was, not to mention you see loads of bots in every starter zone teleport farming nodes, and bot trains underwater in many WvWvW zones.  

Again i'll repeat, if you are goint to instaban people, have a timely response system in place, not make someone wait multiple days for a response.

Yes I did read.  My original response stands.  There is more to this story.

Man/Woman-up and post your original (unedited) ban notifications.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    Don't get me wrong, their customer service sucks, but nobody in WvW can see your name to report you...you're also not on the same server...sooooo...you're probably just getting bans for farming. Which is probably the most LOL'able thing I've ever heard.
  • BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430

I had no problems with customers support, for it took about five minutes then it was all green lights for me.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    3 times, something is wrong with you, couldnt be anything else... Probably to many player hate you, you should know the reasons ;)
  • mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Originally posted by wordiz
    Don't get me wrong, their customer service sucks, but nobody in WvW can see your name to report you...you're also not on the same server...sooooo...you're probably just getting bans for farming. Which is probably the most LOL'able thing I've ever heard.

still can report in WvW, by clicking on player's icon.