Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you sub $29.99 a month to a MMORPG if the game was just that incredible?

Comments

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Nope, wouldn't pay that much.  But I'm a cheapskate.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• huihuhuhuhuihuhuhu Member UncommonPosts: 53
    i'd pay the usual $15 a month,they'd have to blow me daily  for the other $15 :))
  • StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    Sure. People gladly pay over $100 a month for TV that is total shit.
  • koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

Back in the day. EQ introduced it's Stormhammer server, which was the same game everyone else was playing but with lots of GMs.  They charged around 50 dollars a month for that subscription.  And it was a massive hit. 

So people will gladly pay for a quality product.  The problem these days is finding a quality product.  The player base is there waiting, they have money to spend....and yet all the developers do is release their own version of WOW.  There seems to be a big disconnect between the players of this genre, and the people who are making the games.

• CeldainCeldain Member UncommonPosts: 119
    if it was that incredible? absolutely. cant imagine how awesome a 29.99 a month mmo would have to be tho ;o
  • Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261
    Considering it costs 100.00 to take a family of 4 to a major new 3d/ Imax movie if you simply get you , yourself , wife and kids drinks and popcorn , 29.99 for something I truly enjoyed that much sounds like a good deal.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Id pay 40-50 bucks a month for my dream mmorpg.

^

This

• a1csimsa1csims Member UncommonPosts: 24

I already pay $15 a month for WOW... That's about as perfect as it gets.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    I used to buy a couple games a month before mmos.  So is it possible I'd be willing to pay $30/mo...yes.  But I have not seen an mmo that is worth that yet. 
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    If it was my dream MMO, then yes.

<3

• DaftDaft Member UncommonPosts: 170

idk thats a 30 pack  plus a couple tall cans...

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Do I also earn twice as much as I do now? (Just to keep everythign on par...)
  • my cable bill alone is 3x that easy. i'd pay 30$ np at all. it would have to have non stop content updates, a fun form of end game, and unreal overall gameplay, but yeah.. 30$ is chump change for how much time i spend in games.

even if i was casual and only spent 1 hour a day in game, that's still only 1$ an hour. i go to the movies and it costs me 10$ for the ticket, the gas and time to get to the theatre, and lasts like 2 hours. short end that's 5$ an hour for entertainment.

on the flip side, i'd want a new movie experience for at least a few hours a month for a 30$ sub, or a solid tv show experience around 30+ hours a month (amazon prices per hour show) (rounded)).

i pay for a Rift sub right now and feel the 10$ i spend a month is worth it considering how much trion pumps into the game.

TL;DR - yes

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Sure, absolutely. I was paying something lie $75 a month to play SWG during the pre-CU. (That was for accounts for both my wife and me). I'd pay that much again for anything I enjoyed as much as that flavor of SWG.

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339
    First off I bet this will be the question on mmoftw next week! and we all know it would be a long shot but yes I would because if it did I could quit 3-4 mmos i pay for now as that would encompass all of them and save me 10$, So yes if a mmorpg could do that I would and i am sure one will but i think that is still a few years off into the future.
  • hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

never.

Imo, 15 USD is expensive already. With so many games to play all over the place, mmos or not.  Paying a sub is old stuff.

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

i dont really like paying for a subscription really. but IF it would be that good. honestly that good. That someone would have to beat me away from my computer with a stick yes id pay 30 bucks (whats that 25 euro's? less even sure :) )

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    If we were talking some Sword Art Online shit here...yes, yes I would.
  • shirlntshirlnt Member UncommonPosts: 351
    I'd be willing to pay $30 a month for the right game.  I've dropped more than that per month on a few games.  I personally prefer games that have a monthly subscription fee as long as everything is included in that subscription fee.  "F2P" games can quickly become more expensive to play than a $15 a month fee, they just aren't as obvious in their methods because either 1. a player may not add up all the small amounts paid for items over the month to realize just how much he/she spent total and/or 2. f2p don't always talk in dollar amounts on the items but dollars are changed into some other currency so a person doesnt notice "I just spent $5-$10 dollars for...?"
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Id pay 40-50 bucks a month for my dream mmorpg.

yep

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805
    Originally posted by wordiz
    If we were talking some Sword Art Online shit here...yes, yes I would.

haha you watchign that too? :P

id give gold for that XD

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Heeeeeellllllllll Noooooooo

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400
    For my dream Game? yes.  But only if I can get in a free trial first to make sure it's worth it.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    yes, for my "perfect game".
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Daft
    idk thats a 30 pack  plus a couple tall cans... 
    lol

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development