Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you sub $29.99 a month to a MMORPG if the game was just that incredible?

Imagine your most favorite MMORPG game ever in your head and say it exists and you play it full time every day.. And it has so much content you couldnt shake your snake at it all...Would you sub $29.99 a month to this type of game? What's the most you would pay for a monthly subscription?

Or do you think no matter how good a game is, its only worth a minimal fee?

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Id pay 40-50 bucks a month for my dream mmorpg.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    You are joking right , because I just had a good laugh.  Thanks! :)
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Only if I quit smoking to free up the extra throw away money from my budget.  I just don't think it will happen.
  • KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    $30 a month for a game that I consider perfect? Absolutely, I mean thats impossible, but in some alternate reality where something like that is possible, absolutely.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

considering i save $60 playing mmo's instead of buying new titles that last 5-10 hours and then reselling them to gamestop for $15 (assuming they're not even pc games, which are a full loss), mmo's are well worth a sub.

personally, i'd pay $50-60 a month if the game ran flawless, content being streamed non stop, 24 hour support.

(not even getting into what my dream mmo would be)

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    50-60$ a month for a perfect game no problem, already paying more for games that dont last a week.
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

If it would be perfect? Yes.  That's impossible though.

Realistically for game that would not be perfect but would be kind of mmorpg I like and would be good solid game. 22-23$ would be what I could pay.  Absolutely no microtransactions though.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    hell no. $15 bucks is plenty

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Yes, but it would have to be a truly mind-blowing game. Like something I couldn't stop myself from playing all the time.
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

no.

15€ (~19$)/mo is more than enough we EU-folks have to pay currently.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Any game that would keep me from posting on this site?!?!? Yes I would pay the 29 bucks for that !
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,310
    No. Current box + sub fee is pushing the boundries of what I'll put up with. It kept me out of the genre for many years in the beginning. Just because I can pay it, and the dev wants me to pay, doesn't mean I should pay it.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• LukainLukain Member UncommonPosts: 591
    Easy answer  NO!!!
  • Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675

Sure, if I thought the game was worth $30 a month, I'd pay it in a heartbeat.  Same with $50.  Same with $100.  Money isn't an object, the game just has to be worth it.

Unfortunately, most games today aren't worth $15. a month.  Or $10.  Or $5.  Or free, honestly.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    ....yes

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• CatbertCatbert Member UncommonPosts: 28

Id pay that for vanilla WoW or a decent version of RYL...

• HycooHycoo Member UncommonPosts: 217
    For my dream mmorpg, yes.

• DraxonflyDraxonfly Member UncommonPosts: 126
    No, never ... 
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

honestly 30 bucks is a tad rich for me on a game. i have to rationalize droping 30-60 bucks on a game as it is. even if its preorder (which is rare now...thankyou fking devs for the garbage you sold)

but honestly if we are thinking about this.. in a magical dream world.. then maybe. 

if money isnt an issue and the game fullfills 110% of what it promises, launches without a single bug. no cheats no problems just perfection. then i could see my self paying that. 

though i get gamer ADD so its very rare for me to p2p mmos anymore. most dont hold my attention for more then a month  30bucks would require almost 24/7 playtime to make the price worth it at times. even if it was perfect, price would still have to be met with value of time.

and catbert if you are talking about "risk your life" as a perfect mmo... while i would love to see that game come back.. what it offered is so lacking to standards today :(  shame its gone

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Is that about £20 if so yes, but..

Needs to be hybrid mmo, taking list of influence from the best themepark - daoc and the best sandbox - eve

Original setting, like say late 19th early 20th century steampunk / horror / mystery, with a political / doomsday element regarding 1914.

Or something equally cool and bloody new, rather than a substandard wow rehash.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

This should have been a poll question.

Yes.  If everything was the way that I want it.  

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    Originally posted by moguy2
    Any game that would keep me from posting on this site?!?!? Yes I would pay the 29 bucks for that !

haha nice one, thought the same when I read the title. :)

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Hell fecking no!  I might pay $15 or a bit more if it was my dream game, but then it could have no micro-transactions what so ever including xpacs, cash shops, paid renames, and the rest of that sort of bunk.

I'm pretty sure that would apply to your 'dream scenario'...

I personally don't see the fault in paying $30 a month for the perfect game.  

We pay $60 for games that we beat in a matter of days.  It seems like the most logical way to spend your gaming money.

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261

Easily.

Something along the lines of original EQ up to Velious with modern graphics , with tons of added GM active support actively banning the trolls spamming chat with obvious racist/overly vulgar etc unnecessary chat.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Have you seen what those folks over at Gemstone IV are paying or that game?

I tend to think that if it is TRULY what you want to play, you will pay to play it..

If they developed a great sandbox based on Universal Century Gundam that fixed the bugs and mishaps of that other one they had in japan, and released it in the states.. I would pay more than I would pay for any other game to play it..