Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned on ANET forums!

2»

Comments

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350
    Well I do have to admit I've never been the start of any forum post even remotely close to that large before hehe.  Achievement unlocked!  LOL
  • evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    I haven't seen anything in any of your posts to rate a ban.  In fact, you may be the first person I've seen here to truly get banned for no reason.  Maybe a Mod had a bad day over there at Anet.  But, yeah, if I were you, I'd appeal it.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350
    Originally posted by evolver1972
    I haven't seen anything in any of your posts to rate a ban.  In fact, you may be the first person I've seen here to truly get banned for no reason.  Maybe a Mod had a bad day over there at Anet.  But, yeah, if I were you, I'd appeal it.

I honestly don't know how to do that, besides it's only a temp ban so I can live and just wait it out.  I appreciate the support tho about not being able to find out why.  I know I sure as heck could not come up with anything.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Gurpslord
    Apparently I've been banned from ANET forums and no reason has been given at all.  I know I haven't violated any of their rules but I find it curious since I'm the guy that started the post that got blown all to insanity over this gear / gate issue.  I've emailed them and expect a response but wow, has anything like this happened to anyone else?

No dude. In all my internet posting life, I have never managed to troll a Forum Mod bad enough to get banned from any website. I guess I hold it against myself as it's like skipping an important right of passage in childhood and inevitably it makes me question my creditentials. Sometimes, you just have to acknowledge that others are better than you.

The worst that's happened to me is real life threats of violence or death by uncontrollably raging loons that spring up here on site from time to time. So far, I have gotten three of those that I can remember but they got gone as the Mods come by and ban them.

It is what it all is.

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by moguy2
    I get banned more times a week than Hellen Keller gets bruises from bumping into walls.

I don't think she bruises much these days. She still can't hear or see though.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    just appeal it and let it go to head moderation over there ANet mods seriously are pretty stupid and nazi-like to say the least. Ive had posts deleted and been warned a couple of times just for joking around in the world vs world forums with another realm in fun. That dev team , nor their mod staff cannot take criticism at all over there they get butt hurt over anything.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Maybe this is why Anet was against having a forum anyway. Cat believe I am saying this, but maybe just maybe, GW2G were right...

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Posting on ANet forums is a waste of time anyway because mods just delete anything they don't like. We used to think Bioware mods were arbitrary but these guys are much worse.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Someone posted something positive about the new Ascended gear, Infusions and the new dungeon and got banned.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

At least they're not as bad as the SWTOR forum mods.

I haven't been banned on GW2 forums. Quite a few infractions but no temp ban yet.

I feel so left out.