Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launch of DF:UW postponed !

DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

new launch date is  : 12-12-12

one of these 12's must be te year i guess ;)

Well i know my chickens and that they supbar to other developer ...not only they have no clue about sandbox design they also miss any  deadline...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Comments

• grumbagzgrumbagz Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Well i know my chickens and that they supbar to other developer ...not only they have no clue about sandbox design they also miss any  deadline...

technically, they dont miss them if they just push them back..... just sayin.

• NiquityNiquity Member UncommonPosts: 30

Im glad they made the right choice they had an option  release it befor they felt its was right because of a dead line or push it back and release it when it was ready regaurdless of a dead line. im sure they did there best to meet this dead line but decided to not release it on the 20th.

• CrazyCronusCrazyCronus Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Nooooooooooo
  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Is anyone actually surprised?

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

After the original darkfall I'd be surprised if we don't at least get 3  delays :P

I for one, am totally okay with this, hope it'll be a better game for it.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

No.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Biskop

No.

No.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    Originally posted by Badaboom

No.

No.

No.

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545
    Originally posted by Kaynos1972

No.

No.

No.

No

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

Well at least this gives me a few weeks to get sick and tired of PS2 before DF comes out

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Same old aventurine, I can't wait til they shutdown for good a year after release, one of the worst developers of all-time. 

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

Not even the slightest.  After these guys being the biggest mmo jokers in the industry, and they have proven this time and time again.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    It's like when Blizzard says thier servers will be up at 11am, then 1pm, then 3pm, then 5pm, then they're up at 4:30pm XD
  • YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    Meh, not pleased, but it is just three weeks.  If it doesn't release on the 12th I will be alil bothered, but other then that no big deal.  
  • xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712
    The delay better be to add back in 1st person perspective. If they delay and still dont have 1st person Im not going to play personally.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    Originally posted by khameleon
    Same old aventurine, I can't wait til they shutdown for good a year after release, one of the worst developers of all-time. 

Might not be the way to bet. 

People said it was vaporware and would never launch.  It launched.

People said it would never last.  Several years later its still running.

People said it would never grow.  Well there is this relaunch/new version coming.

Defying all odds, AV manages to continue, where many others have failed.

And no, I wasn't surprised at the date falling back, and am not getting my hopes  up for this new one.

But when it finally does go live, I plan on being there.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    I cant help but giggle at those who took off for the launch. Lol. Seriously though, them delaying them not delaying, people will bash, people will praise, us mmorpgers are on exceedingly hostile bunch. I am just hoping we will finally get a good sandbox/hybrid out of the game.
  • CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    Not surprised. In this sandbox industry you can constantly count on some poor management to take place. Darkfall is just further kicking that dead horse.
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    GUYS.....Make a panda!!!........
  • DekapitatorDekapitator Member UncommonPosts: 261

It's not going to be released this year...I know this from a good source.

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628
    Lawl, av's inability to meet a deadline as a company is pretty mindblowing. Missed it by almost a month... wonder how many more there will be.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by grumbagz

technically, they dont miss them if they just push them back..... just sayin.

Technically, they missed the original deadline date.  Is that better?  

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Originally posted by Grixxitt

No.

No.

No.

No

Yes acctually I really belived That this time Adventurine would be more profesional and not just pull a release date out the air before they had finnished the game!............(Overly long pause).....NAHHHHH!!! Just kidding, of course I'm not surprised :D On the plus side though let's hope this version works a bit better than the last version on release :)

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94

this is actually a good thing ppl! Means they must have found bugs/or sumthign they wernt happy with and need more time to tweak it. ALSO its good for me cuz then ill have money to buy it :p

Why do ppl think when a game gets postponed its a bad thing?

At this point i HOPE they postpone it to next year...gives them more time to tweak it.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Grixxitt

No.

No.

No.

No

No.