Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: NY Raid will NOT be live in 1.4

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showpost.php?p=1452600&postcount=31

Yeah....so...ummm. *gulps*

So, that announcement is also supposed to say clearly in big letters:
BUT THE NEW YORK RAID WILL REMAIN LOCKED UNTIL FINAL TESTING IS COMPLETE.

I have no idea why that is not a part of the communication, because that is the case.

We found some nasty bugs in the raid (one half of the raid not being able to receive loot, for example) which we will fix and test and hopefully have gone very soon.

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    it sucks they can't make deadlines.  at least they're not releasing broken content.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    I was ready to jump in and cry foul, but their reasoning actually seems solid.  There are bugs in the raid that they can't have go live, and are holding off on unlocking it until they are fixed.

You make me like charity

• GR3NDELGR3NDEL Member UncommonPosts: 112

Ah, I was afraid of that - not because I think the devs aren't doing their utmost (because it's obvious that they are), but because of the sheer size and complexity of the release.  It's definitely another moment that I have a lot of sympathy for the devs - no doubt there were screams of frustration, swearing and /headdesk thumps echoing everywhere.  Been there.  Done that. 

I'm glad they're contining the trend of not releasing extremely buggy content, and letting us know why.

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381
    How many times have they pushed promised content out another billing cycle now? I'm starting to lose count!

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337

Reminds me of a country song.. Here is the link.

Originally posted by saxifr
    How many times have they pushed promised content out another billing cycle now? I'm starting to lose count!

I'll bite... how many times are you thinking of?

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by GR3NDEL

Dunno...but has there ever been content they promised at a given time that was NOT pushed back past the next billing cycle?

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by muffins89
    it sucks they can't make deadlines.  at least they're not releasing broken content.

True enough but it's still no excuse. This should have been properly tested months ago instead of FC's usual last-minute panic.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• BlueLanternBlueLantern Member Posts: 96

on one hand you have to appreciate the reason which is beneficial to their customers and on the other hand the fact that this content will not ship out tomorrow has clearly been known to FC in time for it to have been told to the public before it was advertised and stuff. everyone thinks TSW is getting a raid tomorrow.

also, while they call it a raid it's just one boss encounter and some trash. there's even an achievement for clearing it in 5 minutes i've heard.

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    Gee.... that's so surprising...
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

Ah, I was afraid of that - not because I think the devs aren't doing their utmost (because it's obvious that they are), but because of the sheer size and complexity of the release.  It's definitely another moment that I have a lot of sympathy for the devs - no doubt there were screams of frustration, swearing and /headdesk thumps echoing everywhere.  Been there.  Done that. 

I'm glad they're contining the trend of not releasing extremely buggy content, and letting us know why.

Yep, I haven't seen too many other games that issue monthly updates. Here's the list in 1.4 -- pretty darn good for a month's work, and I expect the raid will be along shortly.

• Major updates to PvP, Fusang and battlegrounds
    • The Albion Theatre
    • Reticle combat
    • Starter decks
    • New missions
    • New aux weapon: chainsaw
    • Character sizing
    • New nightmare dungeon (Slaugherhouse)
    • New raid (NYC)
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

you can't count to 1 ?

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Originally posted by BlueLantern

on one hand you have to appreciate the reason which is beneficial to their customers and on the other hand the fact that this content will not ship out tomorrow has clearly been known to FC in time for it to have been told to the public before it was advertised and stuff. everyone thinks TSW is getting a raid tomorrow.

also, while they call it a raid it's just one boss encounter and some trash. there's even an achievement for clearing it in 5 minutes i've heard.

If you had read the forums, you would know, that they said it is possible, that the NYC raid will not start at the beginning of 1.4. Joel always said that. Its a little bit disappointing, but I and many others knew that.

To your second part. The raid is not very important in this game. This is not a raiding game. Its a game about stories, legends, atmosphere and more like an oldschool adventure-game. The NYC Encounter will tell a great story and will develop an atmosphere you dont have in any other mmorpg out there. Since the beginning the players and developers try to tell  you "outsiders", that this is not your usual WoW, GW2, Rift - gear progression game. Deal with it, or leave it. But dont tell lies in here, like many others before you.

Hodor!

Dunno...but has there ever been content they promised at a given time that was NOT pushed back past the next billing cycle?

Well, Issue 1 came out pretty much on time.  Issue 2 was delayed - which I can understand, since they found a huge exploit at the last minute AND were dealing with having to shuffle staff in the wake of those lay-offs.  Issue 3 - part 1 - came out pretty much on time, and part 2 did as well.  Issue 4 - minus the raid - is coming out pretty much on time.  The only part of Issue 4 being delayed is the raid.

As far as 'billing cycle' goes, since that's different for each player (based on when they first signed up for the game) I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Check posters history and you'll get what their trying to say. Anything to stir the pot. 

I can't wait to get home and check out the other stuff that was included in 1.4

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

Originally posted by Sevenwind
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Check posters history and you'll get what their trying to say. Anything to stir the pot. 

I can't wait to get home and check out the other stuff that was included in 1.4

Ah.  Quite right.  Should have noticed that.

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

Raid should be going live after tomorrow's patch:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=61779

This update also makes a few tweaks & fixes to PvP and the missions introduced with 1.4