Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned on ANET forums!

GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350
Apparently I've been banned from ANET forums and no reason has been given at all.  I know I haven't violated any of their rules but I find it curious since I'm the guy that started the post that got blown all to insanity over this gear / gate issue.  I've emailed them and expect a response but wow, has anything like this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Gurpslord
    Apparently I've been banned from ANET forums and no reason has been given at all.  I know I haven't violated any of their rules but I find it curious since I'm the guy that started the post that got blown all to insanity over this gear / gate issue.  I've emailed them and expect a response but wow, has anything like this happened to anyone else?

Post exactly what you said.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350

That's the issue, I haven't said anything in almost 18 hours.  I think the last thing I posted was that I thought Destiny's Edge was a bunch of whiners.

What I'm wondering is if I'm being reprimanded because I'm the guy that started that stupid mega post about the new gear thing 2 days ago or whenever.  If that's the case that's just BS.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

I didn't find anything in your post history over on the official forums that would be resolved by banning you.

My best guess is: they're touchy at the moment. The slightest whiff of criticism, no matter how extra mild you may have made it: off with their heads.

Originally posted by NBlitz

I didn't find anything in your post history over on the official forums that would be resolved by banning you.

My best guess is: they're touchy at the moment. The slightest whiff of criticism, no matter how extra mild you may have made it: off with their heads.

I guess so, I'm trying to go thru it myself and figure out why but man, I don't think I even used bad language.  Anet needs to get over themselves a bit..sheesh.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Can you at least link to that original post?

The alternative is that you said something here that they didn't like, but I doubt that's the case.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Thoughts-on-Ascended-Gear-Merged-threads

That's the thread of insanity (that I by no means intended for it to become what it has)

I can't imagine it was because of something I posted here, this is the first time I've posted here in days.  

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Their forums are fairly strict in that posts must have something to do with the subject of the thread. It makes sense, but it can be a shock to someone used to posting on random internet forums.

You might be innocent, lying, or stupid. We can't tell. Some of the people here are going to say you're lying. Some of them will say you're stupid. Some of them will say you're innocent. For a lot of people, their position on your ban will depend on what they think of GW2. I don't think there's any way to tell...it is unknowable.

If you didn't actually do anything wrong, or violate their terms of service, you should get your privileges back. If you did do something wrong, they may not feel there's any reason to tell you what you did or why you were banned. It'll be a mystery that will haunt you for years.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Interesting.  Curious to find out if it's temp or permanent.

Definitely sounds like an overreaction on their part, but then again they are probably viewing you as a source of the dissention.

It does say temporary at least, I just wish I knew why.  Oh well, Anet has a bruised ego and apparently I gave it to 'em.  *shrug*
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

Don't know if Anet deletes posts but from those which are still therr I see no reason to ban you.

But as you started the biggest thread in GW2 forums history yet, they probably could have banned you for this part from the code of conduct.

"Do not submit “trolling” posts or threads. We define “trolling” as commenting in a manner intended to elicit overly strong negative and emotional responses for mere shock value, attempting to derail threads, persistently posting off-topic, or engaging in personal attacks on another forum member. Accounts made with the sole intent to “troll” will be terminated."

It was the result of your thread but really not your fault. I mean, you just posted the obvious. Just guessing though.

But you know, the messenger of bad news is always killed. ;)

Don't take it too serious, There are more important things than access to a game forum.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Nitth
    Post exactly what you said.

He can't, he's trying to sell For No Reason.

But he's set up to morph into Conspiracy, if necessary.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

I don't have any reason to think the OP is lying.  It's generally bad form to ban someone without a link to the offending post and a reason.
  • ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Hey man, I feel for you but I get banned on these forums all the time for not blindly following games and actually posting truths about the games. Just the way it is now days, you either blindly follow the game or get banned!
    Originally posted by Thorbrand
    Just the way it is now days, you either blindly follow the game or get banned!

There it is.

I prefer blue!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by Nitth Post exactly what you said.
    He can't, he's trying to sell For No Reason.

But he's set up to morph into Conspiracy, if necessary.

You should do a blog post on this.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

That's weird, your post history looks fine. Well, these things happen from time to time.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Hey man, I feel for you but I get banned on these forums all the time for not blindly following games and actually posting truths about the games. Just the way it is now days, you either blindly follow the game or get banned!

becouse you know the truth before content is realesed :)

you played it, grinded xxxxxxx hours for new gear then made a topic how you feel

cool story

Just the way it is now days, you either blindly follow the game or get banned!

There it is.

I prefer blue!

I don't understand what that means. 

Anyhow yeh, it is what it is.  Life goes on!

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

Well there is the WTF in your original post, and the somewhat denigrating post about Destinys Edge, but there is far wose everywhere on their forums and those people arent getting temp bans.

To me it seemed a questioning post of relatively tame nature compared to the 130+ pages of frothing madness that ensued, which you cannot really be blamed for. Im guessing they are just looking for a scapegoat amidst their own shock at the massive overreaction the news has caused.

Originally posted by atuerstar

Well there is the WTF in your original post, and the somewhat denigrating post about Destinys Edge, but there is far wose everywhere on their forums and those people arent getting temp bans.

To me it seemed a questioning post of relatively tame nature compared to the 130+ pages of frothing madness that ensued, which you cannot really be blamed for. Im guessing they are just looking for a scapegoat amidst their own shock at the massive overreaction the news has caused.

Yeah I noticed the WTF but assumed that wasn't bannable.

I don't think his OP should be bannable, but it was 100% foreseeable that people would rip on ANet for the new gear.  Whether it was in his thread or another was just random luck.

Originally posted by lizardbones

Reflex skepticism is just as bad as reflex credulity, I suppose.

Sorry op, I apologize.

Originally posted by lizardbones

Reflex skepticism is just as bad as reflex credulity, I suppose.

Sorry op, I apologize.

No worries, wasnt' tryin' to start anything, I don't think you were either.  It's all good. ^^

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    Originally posted by Gurpslord

That's the issue, I haven't said anything in almost 18 hours.  I think the last thing I posted was that I thought Destiny's Edge was a bunch of whiners.

What I'm wondering is if I'm being reprimanded because I'm the guy that started that stupid mega post about the new gear thing 2 days ago or whenever.  If that's the case that's just BS.

I wondered if that was you. Nice long run on that so far. 7500+ posts atm.

I'm surprised they haven't locked it though that would probably raise a serious hue and cry.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

Over the years I've been temp banned from every forum I've ever posted on.

Wear it like a badge of honour, you haven't truly participated until you got slapped on the wrist.

Also, kudos man

your thread has over 80,000 views, that's like higher than the popuatlion of some MMOs.

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    I get banned more times a week than Hellen Keller gets bruises from bumping into walls.