Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So...

dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Without tiered items: "Meh, GW2 have no progression at all, there is no endgame"

With tiered items: "THEY LIED TO US !!!11!!!"

...what?

"It has potential"
-Second most used phrase on existence
"It sucks"
-Most used phrase on existence

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    Different people want different things.  Some people want a game that is all about grinding to get better stuff.  Some people want a game not to be all about grinding to get better stuff.  You can't please both groups simultaneously.  The problem is that GW2 was initially sold as the latter, and now the claims are that they're changing it to the former.  It's not that either is bad in itself; it's that changing from one to the other is, well, ask SOE how Star Wars Galaxies' "New Game Experience" turned out.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

You've been here for a while right? That's pretty much how people are - they want everything both ways. They can't be pleased because it's never enough.

"I hate looking for group in chat for 2 hours!"

"Omg why did they add a raid finder? Is this WoWeasymode now? Lame!"

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    Originally posted by Rusque

You've been here for a while right? That's pretty much how people are - they want everything both ways. They can't be pleased because it's never enough.

Ya, I amuse myself pointing out these kind of things here on mmorpg.com

"It has potential"
    "It sucks"

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Already a thread like this...yep it got locked.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Rusque

If those quotes come from two different people, then it's not a contradiction.  It's just different people having different opinions.

Originally posted by Nitth

You must admit this whole situation is hilarious

"It has potential"
    "It sucks"

Originally posted by dinams
    Originally posted by Nitth

Only in the sense that everything is funnier if it happens to someone else.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    You know.....if you really are that upset about the upcoming changes.....call ANET and ask for a refund.

Originally posted by Quizzical

Originally posted by Nitth Already a thread like this...yep it got locked.
    Only in the sense that everything is funnier if it happens to someone else.
    It's bad form to make fun of another's misfortune. this is however interesting.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by grimal
    You know.....if you really are that upset about the upcoming changes.....call ANET and ask for a refund.

lol! 30 days has elapsed they wont give you your money back..

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Thanks for pointing out that different people want different things. Oh wait, we already knew that.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Without tiered items: "Meh, GW2 have no progression at all, there is no endgame"

...what?

First, it is not a contradiction. If players want to see progression, it doesn't mean they mean a gear treadmill. There are more types of progression.

Second and imo the more obvious one, why do you automatically assume that those comments belong to the same people?

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

...what?

You are confused here a bit if you think it is the same group of players who wanted gear progression and now they are complaining once Anet implemented their wishes.

People who are upset the most never asked for gear progression or another tier of armor. These are the people who supported the original vision of GW2 that exotics will be the end of stats cap and only thing that will differentiate players from one another is appearance.

I belong to the group who asked for gear progresion and happy with the changes. But i surely won't mock those who are upset because i understand that they are feeling cheated by change in direction of end game.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

...what?

What's your point?

The people that stopped playing, or never bought, GW2 would fit into category 1.  (I fit in here) 

Those that are still playing and hate character progression through gear grinds are in #2.

There is probably nothing that ANet can do to please both.  Unless they let people craft equal gear to the dungeons, which means there is little incentive to actually run dungeons.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Wanted to say something but was ahhh forget it.
    Anything you say about something is fanboy or hater.
    Flamed or be flamed.
    Trolled or be trolled
    Fail or failed

Just add some WvW gear with equal stats and iam happy.

Originally posted by Mothanos

Wanted to say something but was ahhh forget it.
    Anything you say about something is fanboy or hater.
    Flamed or be flamed.
    Trolled or be trolled
    Fail or failed

Just add some WvW gear with equal stats and iam happy.

This guy gets it

"It has potential"
    "It sucks"

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

If Ascended armour doesn't affect the rest of the game it will be perfect and the endgame players can have their fun in the new dungeon.

Guild Wars 2 Content

Dynamic World

Dynamic Events

Personal Stories

WvWvW

Crafting

Dungeons

Puzzles

sPvP & Tournament

Guild Wars 2 Endgame Content

Ascended Dungeons

Ascended armour is only useable in Ascended Dungeons, the stats will be changed into exotic when doing other content. Infusions only affects Ascended Dungeons.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Siphaed

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/369231/New-dungeon-will-give-us-stronger-armour.html

And with that I request this thread closed...

But the massively article is not what I read on the GW2 forums - not the same theing. They assumed alot and they were wrong.

It is not stronger.....

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Please discuss this in the existing thread: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/369231/New-dungeon-will-give-us-stronger-armour.html

Threads like this only split what amounts to the same discussion into multiple places. That makes it harder for everyone.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.