Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQNext page?

2»

Comments

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Originally posted by Tamanous
    There is a long list of games that SOE has worked on and dropped.  All Smed has said is that the scrapped what they had for the game and started over.   Not much to talk about until we get some specifics from SOE.  There is a good chance the game will never see the light of day to start with.

Seeing how it is their biggest and longest running mmo IP I would think "a good chance" is likely reduced to merely "chance".

Look at Sony's financials, they are in dire straits.  Chances of SOE continuing to be around next year are not good.  My guess is someone might buy them, but this will probably deep six EQNext if not postpone it indefinitely.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2012/11/sonys-financial-rating-falls-to-just-above-junk

The chances of this game making it to production at this time are not very good at all.

i would be dissapoint to say the least.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    I guess they have a lot riding on Planetside 2 then.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

perhaps disney will buy them up :)

i dont think it matters when their in the dumper. Theyll sell off any assets anyone will buy and shrink their core business, which i guess nowadays is consoles for sony. I dont think there doing well with tv's, stereos,walkmans,michael jackson,cameras........anything else.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by Quirhid
    Have they published screenshots from the game engine? If not, thats one of the requirements to have a page here IIRC.

I didnt mmorpg had requirements for such a thing. Is there a page with a list of these requirements? would like to know what they are.

There's a stickied thread right here in this very forum that you should've checked first. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/160807/Game-missing-from-our-game-list.html

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride
    Drakensang online doesn't have one either. Strange considering they run ads for the game.

And it has 9 milliuon registered players, strange.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by ignore_me
    Originally posted by Tamanous
    There is a long list of games that SOE has worked on and dropped.  All Smed has said is that the scrapped what they had for the game and started over.   Not much to talk about until we get some specifics from SOE.  There is a good chance the game will never see the light of day to start with.

Seeing how it is their biggest and longest running mmo IP I would think "a good chance" is likely reduced to merely "chance".

Look at Sony's financials, they are in dire straits.  Chances of SOE continuing to be around next year are not good.  My guess is someone might buy them, but this will probably deep six EQNext if not postpone it indefinitely.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2012/11/sonys-financial-rating-falls-to-just-above-junk

The chances of this game making it to production at this time are not very good at all.

I hope this guy is wrong, but if no EQNext, there are other sandboxy things on the horizon.

Of course he is wrong, if anything were to happen to Sony, SoE would be bought in a heartbeat because of EQ IP and EQNext.  

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    I was wondering the same thing about a lack of Project Gorgon page, which is already in open alpha.