Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Launch Date Delayed to December 12th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Darkfall blog has been updated with the news that the official launch date for Darkfall: Unholy Wars has been moved to December 12, 2012. The release was originally planned for November 20th.

We’re obviously not happy about this development, however we’re geared to make the best of the extra three weeks by further improving the release version of Darkfall Unholy Wars, while keeping the postponement of the launch as short as possible.

Read the full post on the Darkfall site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    we wont be seeing it this year LOL..
  • crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Hard to wait, but I'm glad they did this.  As I said in my post this is a one-shot deal for AV.  They can't afford a repeat like the original release, that would be completely unacceptable at this point.  They are going to get a large bump in subs of players returning to try out DF:UW and its absolutly necessary the release goes smooth.

Can't wait for December 12!

whats happening on the 12th?

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Originally posted by Caldrin

whats happening on the 12th?

End of the World...

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Like anybody actually thought they were going to release on the original date they announced.

3 videos showing gameplay and its releasing in a month? What a joke.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    wtf... this makes my balls hurt.
  • FerrarkFerrark Member CommonPosts: 3
    Ow Aventurine, again? Not surprise at all.
  • LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333
    I'm okay with this. Consider that their country was in civil unrest over the past week. As long as these three weeks are used properly and can provide us with a smoother launch then I see no problem with a delay, fits into the college scheduel much better as well.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

Originally posted by LizardEgypt
    I'm okay with this. Consider that their country was in civil unrest over the past week. As long as these three weeks are used properly and can provide us with a smoother launch then I see no problem with a delay, fits into the college scheduel much better as well.

its not suprising considering they have delayed releasing friday updates before now because one of their staff members had a cold..

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    This was anticipated.  No surprise here.
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    I thought the end of the world was supposed to be Dec. 21 not 12th.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by marz.at.play

That's the Mayan Calendar.  This is the MMORPG Calendar.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I really hope nobody believes in that mayan crap. If they had the power to predict the future, then why is their entire culture in ruins? Moreover, there isn't one single fact in regards to the end of the world: http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

About Darkfall's delay? Sweet! It gives me more time to play some Black Ops 2!

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Originally posted by marz.at.play

That's the Mayan Calendar.  This is the MMORPG Calendar.

Yes, but the author of this article refered to the Mayan Calendar and said it's the 12th when in fact it's the 21st which I double checked making his point moot.

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

11/11/11 was a good date

hopefully 12/12/12 will be even better.

My blog: image

• lvluplvlup Member UncommonPosts: 33

LOLOLOL

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Holy Hell ,  Really?

I figured surely considering the money is being put forth by someone other than AV that their normal shenanigans would stop. Apparently not ... so how many times are we going to see this be delayed? The last time this sort of bit happened it was delayed close to the date, then delayed again close to the date, then they released a date and it ran over it and we got an some lame apology about it, then nothing for a year.

AV you really are the absolute worst mmo company ever to disgrace the genre, completely unprofessional. Atleast SV releases their "crap", and that's saying something.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    .....ya figured as much with no more info flowing as close to release date as we WERE at.......hopefully they wait till all gameplay aspects are corrected, fully fixed.  I hope SWToR this dont turn out to be!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    I have posted SEVERAL times that this would happen. You guys never learn. This won't be the only delay, and I doubt we will even see DF:UW this year.
  • PatriotaPatriota Member Posts: 6

rofl AV have never ever met a deadline in their entire history, not surprise.

I am sure this was already planned to happen, who ever thinks they are going to make a better product is just out of his mind, they just don't know how to plan anything right.

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    All my thoughts goes to those who took out vacation for the supposedly 20th nov launch. Oh well, at least Ill be having some good time in Rift meanwhile. Worst case, newcomers wont be able to pick up the game at the next launch date.
  • leaf16nutleaf16nut Member UncommonPosts: 39

Well, December 12th only gives us 9 days to play and then the world ends... But those 9 days are going to be amazing!! haha.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Well this answers a lot of questions, now the only question is of the 200 people that actually play this, will they be able to talk more people into joining them or not ?
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Who wants to make a panda now?
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    This is no surprise at all coming from Aventurine.  Hopefully it's for the best.

Steam: Neph