Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I like this game except for the Norn Snow areas

ShiotcrockShiotcrock Member Posts: 87

Snow areas just mess with my eyes after a while so I started a Human Caster elementalist. I wish there were more Big monsters I'm only level 26 now and most of the monsters are smaller I want to travel to the level 50-80 areas to see if they have something else then Cenatars.

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Personally, I love the snowy zones.  I get tired of seeing grass everywhere in MMOs.  If you want giant monsters, either be patient or you could try Tera.  I think there are big monsters early on but don't hold me to that.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    What I like it being able to change whenever I want to. Tired of grassy farmlands? I can just teleport to a snowy area and do events there. Tired of snow? I'm in jungle lands enjoying contents a split second later.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Yea the norn zones tend to be the less populous, though I'm not sure why. They are often quite beautiful.

As to big enemies, you'll find more and more as you go. The dragons start around level 40 and each zone typically has one or two big meta-events with a big boss to fight. Nothing gigantic usually (accept the 1-15 meta-bosses) until you get the dragons, which are real fun to fight. :)

I'm with Korrigan on this, I love that the game has so many zones, that I can pick and chose where to go. I typically only do one zone per level range though I've touched others, but it's great for an altoholic, I don't have to do the same content over and over, a sad trait of a great many of the MMOGs released in the last number of years, they all have one zone per lvl range per faction generally, and I hated that.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Shiotcrock

Snow areas just mess with my eyes after a while so I started a Human Caster elementalist. I wish there were more Big monsters I'm only level 26 now and most of the monsters are smaller I want to travel to the level 50-80 areas to see if they have something else then Cenatars.

If you are looking for too much variety you will be disappointed. Its imps, grawls, golems, bandits, ettins etc... all the way. Especially once you get to lvl 70 you will want to poke your eyes out every time you see a Risen.

Bigger monsters are few and usually come as champions or veteran bosses for events.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Actually for me norn and sylvari starting zones are the best in game. I'm not a big fan of charr zones though.
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I enjoyed playing my Norn in the snow areas for a while, but yeah eventually it got too dreary. The good thing is you can just go to any of the other race's zones and level just as well (aside from doing your personal story which I've simply stopped doing anyway).

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    I just bounce around with my higher level characters when I get bored of a zone.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Personally, I love the snowy zones.  I get tired of seeing grass everywhere in MMOs.  If you want giant monsters, either be patient or you could try Tera.  I think there are big monsters early on but don't hold me to that.

If you want something that makes anything in Tera look tiny - try Storm Legion - Volan is HUUUUGE!

:)

Umm have you ever even played TERA?

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

I prefer the Norn starting areas over the human.

Norn snowy areas are cool...all their caves and neat little stuff. 

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Eir_S

If you want something that makes anything in Tera look tiny - try Storm Legion - Volan is HUUUUGE!

:)

Umm have you ever even played TERA?

Obvioulsy he has not if he thinks the mob in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX8Fi8t0_M4&feature=plcp

"makes anything in Tera look tiny". There are mutliple BAM boss mobs in dungeons in TERA that are as big easily if not bigger.

Always amuses me to see people  throw out ridiculous statements like that.

Anyway to the OP I actually rolled a Norn originally because I like the music and atmosphere of the snowy areas , decided I wanted to be a human to not stand out too much WvWvW  so rerolled but still choose to go to the snowy areas whenever possible as I enjoy them better.

It's all personal preference as I honestly cannot stand desert/barren areas , all brown everywhere etc  so avoid any places like that myself.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

I have always loved snow areas. I love skyrim like that too.

Remember the bit all the way north in Morrowind with the snow and the nords? I loved that area.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    There is one of the snowy zones that has "dirtier" textures. I'm not as fond of that zone, but I really like all the other snowy zones. I guess it just goes to show that everyone has their own tastes and preferences. As others have said, I love the variety. I spend a fair amount of time playing lower level zones because I like those areas. The variety allows me to change things up if I start to get bored with the terrain in one set of zones. (At almost 500 hours played, I still have maybe 4 or five zones I've never been to with any character since launch, so I'm taking my time to enjoy the world).

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Snow areas were the best in the game for me. Disable the bloom effect. Might help?
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.