Unless you've been living under a rock for the last week, you can't have missed the executive producer state of the game letter from Jeff Hickman.
Interestingly enough this speech totally fits the empire propaganda from SW universe.
As such, for some of us fighting from the shadows, we thought it was time to break the mind trick that was cast upon the masses.
In hopes for a better future.
You humble servant,
- Our game is awesome. People love it and want to play it.
- The subscription requirement was driving away huge numbers of people who do not want to commit to paying monthly.
- The frequency of our Game Updates was way too slow. People were leaving because we were not releasing new content fast enough to keep up with the pace at which it was being consumed.
#1: The game is so awesome that most people left to better horizons.
#2: The game was so fun that people refused to pay the exact same price they have to pay for others MMO
#3: Nuff said
- Topic #1: Staff: Why are some developers leaving The Old Republic™? How will the game be affected?
- Topic #2: Bugs: How does testing work? Why do bugs get through? Why did Game Update 1.4 have so many of them? What are we doing to improve the process?
- Topic #3: Oceanic populations. Are we doing anything about them?
& 2: Whatever you are saying the last game updates brought more issues than before, meaning people implementing features and testing them are either less skilled or less numerous, or both or focusing on the wrong things.
#3: Waiting before eventually shutting down the servers.That being said here's a more truthful state of the game:Engine
Combat / UI
- Still many issues with the engine
- Can't have UI chat bubbles due to heavy FPS drop
- Can't get things like draw distance improved
- Still feels laggy at 60+ FPS
- No proper preemptive loading management, ie: long loading times
- Very bad network synchronization: characters positions and response time not synced.
- Enemies AI still very poor
- Targeting mechanic not set properly
- No target of target transfer
- No mouse over healing
- Even less balanced than the last before iteration
- Apogee of the Stun Wars syndrome
- Total lack of World PvP
- Might be mostly shut down in F2P
Content, world, fluff...
- Lacks incentive for end game content
- Side quests gets old fast
- Specific pets mandatory due to their locked roles
- Space still lacking any appeal
- Very thin updates especially regarding how few is added in the F2P model
- World feels as dead as before
- Yet no gear dyes
- Major graphical bugs since the last patches
- Memory leak
- Lag spikes
- LS blades and companions weapons still being left drawn while in passive mode
- Pricing model makes you pay for the tools needed to enjoy the game
- Request people to pay for features that are better and free in others F2P MMO
- Does not bring more content that much.
- Locks new items in a paying lottery scam (ask for the odds)
- Is moving away from V.O. story
- Will lower PvP WZ, operations and flashpoints participation.
All in all it's understandable the game is being bashed by too many people who'd love to like the game. More worrying though is even the notorious websites are starting to pound @SWTOR