Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

trial period already

hunt4foodhunt4food Member Posts: 17
Its a slippery slope down hill.  4 days enough time to see how the whole game is played, but not enought to start seeing it all over again.

Comments

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Start to see what all over again?

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

They already have the majority of people that will buy the game based on reviews and word of mouth. Now they are targetting people who need to try it before they buy. Why are you surprised?

• hunt4foodhunt4food Member Posts: 17

the same gear

the same quest

the same mobs

the same npc

the same dungions

the same spells

etc

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    If I was a MMO company boss I'd introduce free trial from day one. Can't see a problem there and I don't even like GW2.
  • IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by hunt4food

the same gearthe same questthe same mobsthe same npcthe same dungionsthe same spellsetc

As in every other game ever in existence? Sheesh, games are repetitive, that's how games work.

Hit me with a pm if you want a trial key.

Edit:Typo
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by IPolygon

the same gear

the same quest

the same mobs

the same npc

the same dungions

the same spells

etc

As in every other game ever in existance? Sheesh, games are repetitive, that's how games work.

A+

Not sure what the guy was going for when he compiled that. He just described every single game made.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Amjoco

the same gear

the same quest

the same mobs

the same npc

the same dungions

the same spells

etc

As in every other game ever in existance? Sheesh, games are repetitive, that's how games work.

A+

Not sure what the guy was going for when he compiled that. He just described every single game made.

i am sorry but GW2 is unique and different. It is nothing like any other MMO.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Piiritus

If I was a MMO company boss I'd introduce free trial from day one. Can't see a problem there and I don't even like GW2.

And that is why you are no company boss :)

Servers and infrastructure are overloaded at release dates and first months/weeks because you get very high influx of players and they play more hours on average.

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

I agree, the only reason one wouldn't want a trial/demo of their game is if it sucks.

MMOs at least have betas, so that's something. Can't really fault GW2 there.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

the same gear

the same quest

the same mobs

the same npc

the same dungions

the same spells

etc

A+

I agree with you. I was just trying to explain that all games have what the poster listed above in each individual game. :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

the same gear

the same quest

the same mobs

the same npc

the same dungions

the same spells

etc

A+

Yup, just like every other mmo, even down to not bothering to fix errors that stop players from completing quests!

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by zastroph

Yup, just like every other mmo, even down to not bothering to fix errors that stop players from completing quests!

...except that have been fixing those errors. They just can't always get to the specific error that is bothering you on the same timeframe you want it. What you may think is crucial may seem trivial to others and visa versa. However, as with any MMO, the more complex the game, the more errors it tends to have, and the longer it tends to take to fix them.