Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heavy Moderation on GW2 forums atm.

muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

becuase for 5+ years we were told this game was different. and in less than 3 months it turned out to be the same.

Moderator Notes:

As the posting you have quoted has been moderated, your reply has been deleted as well. The issued warning has no effect on your forum account.

• The message was deleted.

If you believe you have received this infraction in error or wish to make an appeal, please send an e-mail to [email protected].

my opnions just got deleted.  nice.

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    lol swtor forums were waaaay worse than those forums with infractions let me tell you. BioWare vs anet, night and day on how they handle their customers.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Right now mods are very touchy about this subject so i advice just stay away from forums. I made a couple of posts, said what i wanted to say and moved on.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    yes.  i've been banned from the gw2 forums for creating multiple threads on the same topic.   *shrugs*  what can ya do?
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    You mean for breaking their Code of Conduct? Oh my, why would they ban you for that?
  • KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    muffins you are being over dramatic about this. We don't have all the details yet. Adding item progression isn't breaking any of their promise as far as I can recall.
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

I've posted several times, including some sayinng I was not buying gems while new item tiers are added to the game and other than having posts merged to the giant thread, nothing else happened.

Of course my posts are reasonable and not diabrite.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    GW2 is the same it has always been, they just added endgame for those that want it, don't be selfish. You already got Tyria to explore, Personal Story, Dynamic Events, Puzzles, WvWvW, sPvP.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by KhinRunite
    muffins you are being over dramatic about this. We don't have all the details yet. Adding item progression isn't breaking any of their promise as far as I can recall.

Well yeah it is. I understand why they are doing it, there was a lot of criticism about hitting a dead wall at 80 aside from farming for a legendary. This looks to be adding an incentive to keep running dungeons once you are fully exotic'ed out. Whereas at the moment you only need to run it 15 times and you are done for character progression.

I'm not annoyed, I have no doubt that the boost will be minor, but it will keep elitists happy.

As far as I am concerned, ANet is just being a responsive company and switching to meet the markets demands. Some people like not having to grind, but I think what is proposed is a happy medium in that you can get well equipped pretty easily, but you still have progression.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    My question is... once players are done with this new gear progression, what? Another tier?
  • hunt4foodhunt4food Member Posts: 17
    6 out of 6 local people I play with say the same thing the only good thing about Guild wars 2 is there sales pitch. I feel a class action suite is even possible.  These guys could sell a pile of dung to a group of hungry people wait they did.
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    It's not about being elitist, but about having no progression goals after a certain point. The rpg part of the mmorpg dictates that some sort of character advancement is needed. Perhaps not necessarily gear based, but it should be there. The achievers (who don't need to be hardcore) are bound to leave if they reach the peak of everything there is to achieve (or everything interesting in some cases).
  • Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

If you feel that MMORPG have broken their own Code of Conduct by mis-applying it - kindly point out how and where.

If you can't (and let's face it - you can't can you?) then stop wasting our collective time with threads posted for no other purpose than to draw yet more attention to the phenomenon of 'an exaggerated sense of self-entitlement'.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Why do we still have these threads? It's their forum, it's not a democracy. Deal with it.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • hunt4foodhunt4food Member Posts: 17
    I dont think the argument is with mmorpg its with gw2.
  • skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

That's your opinion, his is different, a threat is there to discuss and express it.
    ANet does not want neither. Ivory tower syndrom :)

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Because in reality they know the true numbers and can't drop much lower... they have to save every fan they have left.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133
    I like GW2 but I also think Arenanet should listen to its critics aswell as its fans.
    Originally posted by skydiver12

That's your opinion, his is different, a threat is there to discuss and express it.
    ANet does not want neither. Ivory tower syndrom :)

They have left a lot of threadsopen for discussion, what they dont want is people who think their opinion is so much better than everyone elses opening multiple threads on the same topic and diluting the forums. Thats why they got deleted and why he was moderated, not the topic itself.  

Originally posted by bigcheeseuk
    I like GW2 but I also think Arenanet should listen to its critics aswell as its fans.

Wouldnt that be why they are implementing gear progression?

Originally posted by Betaguy
    Because in reality they know the true numbers and can't drop much lower... they have to save every fan they have left.

Oh do they?

There may be an arguement that at the quantum level, particles can be made to act in accordance with the desires of a sentient being based on the scant evidence currently hinting at it.... but there isn't a chance THIS comment is based on any demonstrable fact.

Now that's a reality....

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by evilastro

They have left a lot of threadsopen for discussion, what they dont want is people who think their opinion is so much better than everyone elses opening multiple threads on the same topic and diluting the forums. Thats why they got deleted and why he was moderated, not the topic itself.  

+10

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Wouldnt that be why they are implementing gear progression?

Hah! excellent....!!!

• KalestonKaleston Member Posts: 173

You know, there is criticism and there is just plain raging.

I don't know how was OP thread worded, but looking at how this one is worded, no wonder they banned him. I've read many fairly offensive articles over at ANet forums and most of replies were "thank you for your feedback". Sometimes locking thread so that it doesn't derail into madness. But when someone starts creating threads over and over, threads that just inspire spite and hatred, what can you do?

Tbh I am also a bit disappointed, beacuse reading manifesto made my dream much brighter than what is gw2 today. That being said, good things don't happen overnight. GW2 needs to grow up and maybe, jsut maybe in some 10 years time we will get what was promissed.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Well yeah it is. I understand why they are doing it, there was a lot of criticism about hitting a dead wall at 80 aside from farming for a legendary. This looks to be adding an incentive to keep running dungeons once you are fully exotic'ed out. Whereas at the moment you only need to run it 15 times and you are done for character progression.

I'm not annoyed, I have no doubt that the boost will be minor, but it will keep elitists happy.

As far as I am concerned, ANet is just being a responsive company and switching to meet the markets demands. Some people like not having to grind, but I think what is proposed is a happy medium in that you can get well equipped pretty easily, but you still have progression.

Of course there are those that once they deck out their character with several different max sets for different builds move into ANOTHER CHARACTER

Those will also be the ones going for crazy titles like GOD WALKING AMONGST MERE MORTALS (multiples of it even) or CHAMPION OF THE GODS.

The ELITISTS won't be happy because everyone can get THESE NEW ITEMS ON THEIR OWN TIME.What the ELITISTS like is to control others, deciding who get the raid slot or the raid legendary drop first/next.

Those ELITISTS complaining about no progression are the same that say there is no point to farm exotics because it si a small boost over rares and that said legendaries are useless because they give no boost.

The ELITISTS don't care about progression per se, they care about restriciting others progression.

This is the worst decision by Anet - not only the so called elitists won't come back they piss off those that could care less about a bigger number. Those already didn't much care for all the blue->green->yellow->orange business but ignored it because getting exotics isn't that hard/time consuming, now Anet increases the time requirement to get max stats (lets be honest max stats is the only thing that matter, anything else is gimping yourself).

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

Originally posted by gordiflu
    My question is... once players are done with this new gear progression, what? Another tier?

This is answered in the release by ArenaNet :

"This is just the beginning. In November, we’re only adding the first level of Infusions and Ascended Rings and Back slots, so that leaves us a lot of room to build upon these levels of Item progression in future content.

As we release more new end game content in the future, you’ll see more Infusions and Ascended item types being added to the game. Eventually, you’ll be able to kit yourself out with a full set of Ascended gear and high end Infusions to help give you the edge in end game content."

Note that they are only adding rings and back slots at the moment, so farming those armor sets isnt wasted.

This discussion has been closed.