Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

for 5+ years ArenaNet lied to us.....

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Originally posted by muffins89
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    Originally posted by Mavek

Anyone who frequents this site should have known this would hap[pen eventually.  Its what the population wants.  This feature will be what separates GW2 from becoming a niche game in the future to becoming something with a much bigger consistent userbase.

You might be unhappy but you represent a small population of the GW2 playerbase and Arenanet knows that.  This is why they are adding a carrot.

I'mma call BS on that one. If this were the case that thread on the official forums would't have seen this kinda momentum in a single day.

There is more GW1 population in this game thatn WOW population and the GW1 players came from a game with horizonal gear progression. 

wether youre right or wrong.  it certainly seems Anet thinks there is more WoW population that gw1 population.

idk, everyone in my guild all came from gw1 (they all played together) and none are really upset over it, or are gonna wait and see how it all plays out. Maybe only rational folks tend to look on the lighter side of this?

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    Originally posted by Mavek

Anyone who frequents this site should have known this would hap[pen eventually.  Its what the population wants.  This feature will be what separates GW2 from becoming a niche game in the future to becoming something with a much bigger consistent userbase.

You might be unhappy but you represent a small population of the GW2 playerbase and Arenanet knows that.  This is why they are adding a carrot.

I'mma call BS on that one. If this were the case that thread on the official forums would't have seen this kinda momentum in a single day.

There is more GW1 population in this game thatn WOW population and the GW1 players came from a game with horizonal gear progression. 

wether youre right or wrong.  it certainly seems Anet thinks there is more WoW population that gw1 population.

I believe that there is this 'silent majority' which people ignore who give their feedback directly to the game devs. These people don't visit forums but yet they have their say.

Anet has the real data and i am sure it has nothing to do with WOW players but on what side majority of feedback lies. I am pretty sure they got overwhelming feedback for adding gear progression and they even mentioned it in their article that they are doing it on basis of what players want.

I was one of those people who gave my feedback directly to Anet and supported gear progression.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

This change doesn't sound near close enough to getting me back to grinding dungeons in the game.  Hopefully this change brings people back, but it's not near enough to get me to return.  They need D3 level fixes for me to return for gear. 

It is just a beginning. Better to start small no? i am back playing though as i am excited to see what progression they will add in future. 

It definitely makes sense to start small and I have no problem with it.  But if even this small step causes them to lose more players than return, it will be rough for ANet for a while.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by Jetrpg
    Nope the game is very different, too much so. Mand mmo without item progression or support classes is a weak game.

I cant find anything different other then a more simplistic way to play an MMO, Im being honest.  Its really just an incredibly dumbed down version of MMO's which i didnt think was possible in this day and age.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by SonicTHI

Originally posted by saurus123

Originally posted by SonicTHI Deceived, betrayed, sad, angry... Probably my last non f2p MMO and my last MMO that i played "seriously". Fucking WoW threadmills.
    yes becouse you must have ring with 5 power more

does this make you stronger in pve? no its like 2 more dmg in actual combat

does this make you stronger in WvW? no becouse tactic wins in WvW

food gives you  +200 of stat, gives you 10% more critical dmg so why i see only about 5% of players using it? becouse it doesnt matter, yes you are a bit stronger but anyone can kill you even without it

I dont give 2 shits about the stats. Its about the principle. Its about lying to the core playerbase and trying to cater to a wider yet unstable and dumb audience. Gaming nowadays in a nutshell. ANET was one of the last studios that held true to their vision till they sold out.

No, ANET sold out quite some time ago. Who do you think is calling these shots right now?

http://www.arena.net/press/ncsoft_acquires_arenanet

I wonder why no one mentiones this when good decisions are made. As if all the bad decision comes only from Ncsoft.

I'm just saying. I think ANET was given their autonomy for GW2 but with the stipulation that it turned a certain profit. Now that GW2 may not be bringing in as much bacon as NCSoft had hoped for, they are exerting their authority. Obviously, it's just speculation on my part, But I wouldn't be surprised.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    The developer's vision for a game can be changed and patched just like everything else. That's why I never take what a dev says as complete, unchangeble truth but rather their current path.

Originally posted by SonicTHI Deceived, betrayed, sad, angry... Probably my last non f2p MMO and my last MMO that i played "seriously". Fucking WoW threadmills.

food gives you  +200 of stat, gives you 10% more critical dmg so why i see only about 5% of players using it? becouse it doesnt matter, yes you are a bit stronger but anyone can kill you even without it

I dont give 2 shits about the stats. Its about the principle. Its about lying to the core playerbase and trying to cater to a wider yet unstable and dumb audience. Gaming nowadays in a nutshell. ANET was one of the last studios that held true to their vision till they sold out.

No, ANET sold out quite some time ago. Who do you think is calling these shots right now?

I wonder why no one mentiones this when good decisions are made. As if all the bad decision comes only from Ncsoft.

I'm just saying. I think ANET was given their autonomy for GW2 but with the stipulation that it turned a certain profit. Now that GW2 may not be bringing in as much bacon as NCSoft had hoped for, they are exerting their authority. Obviously, it's just speculation on my part, But I wouldn't be surprised.

I understand what you are saying but i think it is unfair to automaticaly assume that if it is  a bad decision it is NCSOFT and when it is good decisions it is 'Anet'. For all we know every decision comes from Ncsoft since they own Anet.

I understand what you are saying but i think it is unfair to automaticaly assume that if it is  a bad decision it is NCSOFT and when it is good decisions it is 'Anet'. For all we know every decision comes from Ncsoft since they own Anet.

Honestly, I really don't think there is that much separation between them. I don't think there ever really was. Sure ANET had free reign over the design of thier game, but I can't believe it was without continual approval from higher up. I really don't see good decision/ANET bade decsion/NCSoft. Since they are more one in the same, really.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by mmoguy43
    The developer's vision for a game can be changed and patched just like everything else. That's why I never take what a dev says as complete, unchangeble truth but rather their current path.

That's nice and all and I agree but I do have a sliiight problem when ridiculous strongly worded "manifesto" videos are made public.

'I swung a swordI swung a sword again. Hey! I swung it again.'

/slap

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Well obviously because it's so far out that there.  At least you have a vivid imagination.

And just how in the hell does someone sell out that hasn't produced something?  They were purchased in 2002 and had not yet released a title.  When a band or artist sell out don't they have to sell out from something?

Here's an example:

Metallica - Master of Puppets

Metallica - anything after the black album (and even that was questionable)

Are you seeing the sell out line?

ANet in 2002 - ....

ANet in 2005 - Guild Wars

ANet in 2012 - Guild Wars 2

And the sellout line is?  If you say between the two games I'm going to smack the hell out of you. image

Uhh, ok, but it's kinda like a "this and that" thing here, I'm talking about "this" and you are talking about "that".

But I'll admit, I didn't get my point out clearly.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

Well obviously because it's so far out that there.  At least you have a vivid imagination.

And just how in the hell does someone sell out that hasn't produced something?  They were purchased in 2002 and had not yet released a title.  When a band or artist sell out don't they have to sell out from something?

Here's an example:

ANet in 2002 - ....

And the sellout line is?  If you say between the two games I'm going to smack the hell out of you. image

uh, ... dude never said anything about anyone 'selling out'.  but it is plausable that they are doing certain things in order to retain players so they can make more money.  which is (at least imo)  what his ( the guy you quoted) point was. 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    It's ANets job as a developer to get people to try thengame and more improtantly to get them to keep playing.  I don't think adding another micro tier of armor from one dungeon means that NCSoft is forcing their hand.  I think it's ANet recognizing that players were gearing up very quickly and need something new to keep them playing. 
    Originally posted by NBlitz
    Originally posted by mmoguy43

That's nice and all and I agree but I do have a sliiight problem when ridiculous strongly worded "manifesto" videos are made public.

'I swung a swordI swung a sword again. Hey! I swung it again.'

/slap

Yeah, I hate that fricken thing.  It's so arrogant and lame.  When you have to tell people how cool you are, then you're not that cool.

I used to have a buddy who was into offroading (big time) He was famous for saying. Real Four Wheel Drives don't say 4X4 on the back.

Here's an example:

ANet in 2002 - ....

Uhh, ok, but it's kinda like a "this and that" thing here, I'm talking about "this" and you are talking about "that".

I was referring to the sell out part of your original post and there was a whole chain in the topic.  Plus you have to give me some credit for the Metallica illustration.

It was more a play on words from the guy I quoted. Which is why I said I wasn't clear.

Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    It's ANets job as a developer to get people to try thengame and more improtantly to get them to keep playing.  I don't think adding another micro tier of armor from one dungeon means that NCSoft is forcing their hand.  I think it's ANet recognizing that players were gearing up very quickly and need something new to keep them playing. 

It would have been better if Anet had just shut up about the whole' no gear grind and everyone will be equal and horizontal progression only' nosnense. If they had not made those manifesto videos with all the big talks, the backlash would have been non existsant.

Devs need to know when to stop running their mouth.

Here's an example:

ANet in 2002 - ....

I was referring to the sell out part of your original post and there was a whole chain in the topic.  Plus you have to give me some credit for the Metallica illustration.

NNOOO.   Metallica is the most over rated band ever.

Here's an example:

ANet in 2002 - ....

I like Metallica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boanuwUMNNQ

Here's an example:

ANet in 2002 - ....

I like Metallica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boanuwUMNNQ

they had one good album imo.  good musicians,   bad song writers.  but i respet your opinion.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Occupy Arena Net!!!! We are the 99%!! Get the Tea Baggers going too.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    are you mad at all?  for 5 years Anet said they were different.    and millions of people fell for it.   wether or not you like the game,  do you think Anet decieved you? 

I never thought they'd be very different, and big surprise! They're not.

First they screwed up the PvP, underdeveloped it and sold it as is, despite it needing a TON of work.

And now they're destroying the only decent part of their game.

But the game is very different , agruing otherwise proves bias. You may not like how its different but its one of the most different mmos that is still realitivaly polished.

This doesn't mean you have to like it. Look at your comments none of it had anything to do with how its not different only that you don't care for their direction. This is a intelctual dishonesty, were in you are proving evidence that doesn't realte to the agrument on hand.

Obviously ANEt was different as their game is different, weather it what you wanted or not is not the issue.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Jetrpg
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    are you mad at all?  for 5 years Anet said they were different.    and millions of people fell for it.   wether or not you like the game,  do you think Anet decieved you? 

I never thought they'd be very different, and big surprise! They're not.

First they screwed up the PvP, underdeveloped it and sold it as is, despite it needing a TON of work.

And now they're destroying the only decent part of their game.

But the game is very different , agruing otherwise proves bias. You may not like how its different but its one of the most different mmos that is still realitivaly polished.

This doesn't mean you have to like it. Look at your comments none of it had anything to do with how its not different only that you don't care for their direction. This is a intelctual dishonesty, were in you are proving evidence that doesn't realte to the agrument on hand.

Obviously ANEt was different as their game is different, weather it what you wanted or not is not the issue.

I do wonder, because I always say that, subfee may be one of the reasons I don't play MMOs, but honestly it's gameplay as well, I always mention that. If GW2 was really like WoW, I honestly wouldn't be playing it.

When most people say "This been done before." they usually give a list of games, rather than just one.

Maybe that's why I like GW2 a lot, because it has a lot of what many games have done but it's all in one game, which makes it different TBH.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

I get zero problems that pve player at heart get some gear progresion, but if that means i am forced to play pve it becomes a totaly diffrent story.
    i have 600 hours in WvW, maybe 50 in PvE including leveling.
    If that means my face is going to get owned by pve players its a /uninstall

Give WvW players a karma / Badges set on par with that set and i dont mind it.
    But no word spoken about something likt that, and that worries me...alot.

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Oh man OP, every ad you ever watched, and every product you ever bought is built on a lie called advertisement. Grow up and open your eyes. This is nothing new.

Hodor!

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by gwei1984
    Oh man OP, every ad you ever watched, and every product you ever bought is built on a lie called advertisement. Grow up and open your eyes. This is nothing new.

I think ANet's fans thought ANet would be different.

And to their credit ANet certain were in GW1.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

This discussion has been closed.