Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

for 5+ years ArenaNet lied to us.....

Comments

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by saurus123
    Originally posted by SonicTHI

Deceived, betrayed, sad, angry...
    Probably my last non f2p MMO and my last MMO that i played "seriously".

Fucking WoW threadmills.

yes becouse you must have ring with 5 power more

does this make you stronger in pve? no its like 2 more dmg in actual combat

does this make you stronger in WvW? no becouse tactic wins in WvW

food gives you  +200 of stat, gives you 10% more critical dmg so why i see only about 5% of players using it? becouse it doesnt matter, yes you are a bit stronger but anyone can kill you even without it

Whether it is more than 5 power or not is irrelevant.

They said they won't do X and now they are doing X.

They lied. How you respond to that is up to you.

I can see why some people might be angry that ANet lied to them.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by Razperil
    Originally posted by muffins89
    are you mad at all?  for 5 years Anet said they were different.    and millions of people fell for it.   wether or not you like the game,  do you think Anet decieved you? 

You know, muffin, you seem to honestly want to give this game bad rep. All you seem to be doing lately is degrading it. If you don't like the game, stop having anything to do with it. There are plenty of us that still enjoy the game.

To answer your question, "NO". I think you get the drift in that. Just because you need to rant about your so called letdown, does not mean others will share it. I'll leave it at this since mods love to use that tempt ban abusiveness. ;)

I don't think Muffin is out to cause " Bad rep " for GW2 it's his/her opinion on the matter, and honestly , Muffins right.

Since playing MMORPGS for alittle ove 15 years there's only maybe 4 or 5 mmos that are different in all , I loved playing GW2 but after a month or so it became real to me that this was yet again the same old stuff just repackaged and added different textures and a races ect.

There is nothing really new with GW2 and you people need to see that, I mean the tab targeting combat was already done ahundred times before and done better, the dodge mechanic wasn't done well either, whoopie I can dodge in a certain direction just to avoid a AOE, and WvWvW ( was done fairly well in GW2 ) was done better in other games, hell warhammer online I still find had the second best one , and the best was DAoC.

But to go back and say to Muffin about giving bad rep to the game , no just no , the game is doing that to itself aleady, so take off the blinders and take a good hard look and what the game really is , " Same old " nothing new at all, at least in TSW that had newer ideas, I wonder if TSW was F2P at launch would it have taken off better? Thats the ONLY thing going for GW2 is that it's free to get onto their servers , which is a good thing.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    And as far as Muffins giving bad rep to Anet. that is absurd.  Anet gave themselves bad rep by the way and official forum has already blown up. i doubt Muffin can do any more damage to Anet reputation at this point.

Originally posted by SonicTHI Deceived, betrayed, sad, angry... Probably my last non f2p MMO and my last MMO that i played "seriously". Fucking WoW threadmills.

food gives you  +200 of stat, gives you 10% more critical dmg so why i see only about 5% of players using it? becouse it doesnt matter, yes you are a bit stronger but anyone can kill you even without it

I dont give 2 shits about the stats. Its about the principle. Its about lying to the core playerbase and trying to cater to a wider yet unstable and dumb audience. Gaming nowadays in a nutshell. ANET was one of the last studios that held true to their vision till they sold out.

Well I wouldn't go so far as to saying the " Dumb audience " I will agree with you on Anen.

Everyone has their own gaming preferences and not everyone is the same , but the greater majority is casual which is ok, fo myself I prefer a more hardcore gaming experience , even GW2 can't support that, here's waiting on EQ next and afew others.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

anytime anyone try's to shed some light on what is really going on,  people are quick to dismiss it.  guild wars 2 is very popular.  i understand a lot of people (myself included) are invested in it.  but i have not been given the product in which the developers described for 5+ years.  the reccent addition of a new tier of gear just solidify's that.

Originally posted by muffins89

anytime anyone try's to shed some light on what is really going on,  people are quick to dismiss it.  guild wars 2 is very popular.  i understand a lot of people (myself included) are invested in it.  but i have not been given the product in which the developers described for 5+ years.  the reccent addition of a new tier of gear just solidify's that.

I hear you, but for myself , the game has been sitting on my harddrives unused for the past afew months, why? because it gets boring as all hell!

Don't worry about what others say, they may call you on stuff but it's your own opinion who gives a damn, shit, people today think that if you give your own constructive concerns regarding a game you'de thing that you're insulting their mothers or something, come on, enough is enough, let Muffin speak his/her mind!!

Not sure why some posters can't understand that some people get upset if they are lied to.

This isn't rocket science.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• Nope, what's to be mad about? I'm still playing and it's really fun. [mod edit]
    Originally posted by zenryoku
    Nope, what's to be mad about? I'm still playing and it's really fun. But, I suppose I am feeding the troll. :P

Some people like to be told the truth. I know it is shocking! :P

I find gw2 fun and not mad or upset about this whole thing at all. But that doesn't mean I don't understand why some people might be upset.

Gdemami -

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by SonicTHI Deceived, betrayed, sad, angry... Probably my last non f2p MMO and my last MMO that i played "seriously". Fucking WoW threadmills.

I dont give 2 shits about the stats. Its about the principle. Its about lying to the core playerbase and trying to cater to a wider yet unstable and dumb audience. Gaming nowadays in a nutshell. ANET was one of the last studios that held true to their vision till they sold out.

No, ANET sold out quite some time ago. Who do you think is calling these shots right now?

http://www.arena.net/press/ncsoft_acquires_arenanet

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    no, not mad very disapointed in this direction though, and apparently so are many others. Last I checked there were over 6k replies and 120+ pages of a viral forum topic going on in the gw2 forums. So much for getting people pumped up for the new patch, way to go Anet.
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

No, ANET sold out quite some time ago. Who do you think is calling these shots right now?

im sorry but that's typical.  something goes good it's anet.  something goes bad it's someone else.  be it nexon or ncsoft.  if these people really had a moral dimella in what they were doing they would quit.  and before they walked out the door they would tell the fans what was going on.  not buying the shot-caller argument.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I wonder why no one mentiones this when good decisions are made. As if all the bad decision comes only from Ncsoft.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by mikuniman
    no, not mad very disapointed in this direction though, and apparently so are many others. Last I checked there were over 6k replies and 120+ pages of a viral forum topic going on in the gw2 forums. So much for getting people pumped up for the new patch, way to go Anet.

If a thread pops up that has a whiff of Ascended-armour-gate it gets merged into that one ginormous thread.

Originally posted by NBlitz
    Originally posted by mikuniman

If a thread pops up that has a whiff of Ascended-armour-gate it gets merged into that one ginormous thread.

Rofl.  i got banned for creating 3 or 4 different topics on the subject.  *sadface*.  i kinda deserved it though. 

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Mavek

Anyone who frequents this site should have known this would hap[pen eventually.  Its what the population wants.  This feature will be what separates GW2 from becoming a niche game in the future to becoming something with a much bigger consistent userbase.

You might be unhappy but you represent a small population of the GW2 playerbase and Arenanet knows that.  This is why they are adding a carrot.

I'mma call BS on that one. If this were the case that thread on the official forums would't have seen this kinda momentum in a single day. There is more GW1 population in this game thatn WOW population and the GW1 players came from a game with horizonal gear progression. 

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Things change. Those who embrace it live happier lives.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

This change doesn't sound near close enough to getting me back to grinding dungeons in the game.  Hopefully this change brings people back, but it's not near enough to get me to return.  They need D3 level fixes for me to return for gear. 

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

I could be mad, but i'm not . I mean I have all exotic armor weapons and jewelry, I got a full wurm set of runes in my transmuted Duelist Berserker gear ect, and plenty of gold. All I've been doing with rares is puling ecto out of them if they were worth less then 20 silver, and selling or forging any exotics I picked up.

Besides farming, and trolling dragons It's gotten stale with nothing else to work for. Sure I can do dungeons, and i do for fun with my guild.  But I already got the gear skin I want, so the tokens are just chilling in my bank. I do WvWvW, but as a thief it' s always the same, catch invader dood try'n to raid our supply camp, kill them/ or follow huge raid zerg around and take out anything red or aquire anything not ours. It's fun as hell, but after a few hours I'm off to find something else to do. I've been slowly picking off the map, at 82% now, but that gets mind numbing after 5 hours.

So, for me obtaining new stuff is in fact a reason for me to play. New areas are cool, but I like new gear and stuff in those areas, so you will hear no real complaints from me.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

This change doesn't sound near close enough to getting me back to grinding dungeons in the game.  Hopefully this change brings people back, but it's not near enough to get me to return.  They need D3 level fixes for me to return for gear. 

It is just a beginning. Better to start small no? i am back playing though as i am excited to see what progression they will add in future. 

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Yes I am angry because no other MMORPG has ever changed course in development to cater to their audience and added different stuff than was in the original design plan before!!!I say hanging is to good for them!!!!

But in all sereriousness this change neither excites nor disappoints me.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Things change. Those who embrace it live happier lives.

I'm pretty sure the bitchers and whiners typically get the most attention. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that. If you sit around like sheep then yeah, no ones gonna give two cents what you think. 

Stir up a crap storm, end up on the front page of a bunch of stupid sites on day one.. By the end of the week your in an article on Forbes.com and guess what.. That kinda crap is a PR nightmare. 

They acted pretty quickly to reverse and soothe the issues they had with the Halloween event. The Black Lion Chests fiasco.. That turned into them quickly coding in a way to use the junk items to make more chests with higher drop rates. 

If they get enough pushback from this.. they probably won't stop with this first wave of items, but they might really think hard about the next phase. 

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333
    Lied and hyped. A lot of the hype was lies as well. Hopefully they make a expansion that you have to pay for, by then hopefully even less people be cured of their blindness and justice will be served.
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    Originally posted by Mavek

Anyone who frequents this site should have known this would hap[pen eventually.  Its what the population wants.  This feature will be what separates GW2 from becoming a niche game in the future to becoming something with a much bigger consistent userbase.

You might be unhappy but you represent a small population of the GW2 playerbase and Arenanet knows that.  This is why they are adding a carrot.

I'mma call BS on that one. If this were the case that thread on the official forums would't have seen this kinda momentum in a single day.

There is more GW1 population in this game thatn WOW population and the GW1 players came from a game with horizonal gear progression. 

wether youre right or wrong.  it certainly seems Anet thinks there is more WoW population that gw1 population.

This discussion has been closed.