Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-GW2-Beta "You" something about GW2, what would you

Comments

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    "Nah nah nah, I can play it and you can't".

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• ChrisReitzChrisReitz Member Posts: 115
    If I could travel back in time I wouldnt be playing guild wars 2 next question please...
  • darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    Not to waist 60 bucks on it.
  • engellenengellen Member UncommonPosts: 83

id tell him that after slogging through a bunch of boring heart quests your finally hit level 80, spend most of your time qued for WvW and when you finally get in you dont know why you waited to do it in the first place, turn it off and play LoL with your gf.

edit: you also cant bring yourself to do enough of the meaningless shallow pve garbage to make enough money to repair in wvw and now you cant even WvW.

played a million mmo's

• ZoyitaZoyita Member Posts: 119

Ill say:

1. Gears matter, if you go wvw being low lvl and encounter a high lvl person theres a 80% chance youll loose and die, because he have more skills than you do and more stats because of his exotic lvl 80 gears.

2. Use all the XP boosters and foods to lvl fast and go Cursed Shore and farm all the gold you can the fastest you can, buy all gems while you can, and buy the legendary precursor of the weapon you want, now that it only cost 5Gold, later will cost 300gold or more.

3. Gems will be like 70-100 gold later on, buy all the cheap gems you can, economy will suck later.

4. When the economy is already bad, then you go back and map exploration and all the slow stuff.

(Too bad i didnt do this things and im poor as hell)

• TimzillaTimzilla Member UncommonPosts: 437

TimZ, check it out. In o12 you're going to get a time machine. If you waste a time trip on a video game, I'll date your mother.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    "they will add a new, higher  tier of gear in about 2 months"
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I would tell myself that my friend, sitting in the next desk over, is never going to shut up about the game.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

I would tell myself:  "Skip that. Nothing to see here, not the type of game you expected"

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222
    "ITS A COOKBOOK!"
  • RiftstarRiftstar Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Give in to what you really want to play and not what you think your guild will want you play.....go Elementalist.

Playing: MWO
    Waiting For: Star Citizen

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242
    I would say "don't bother wasting my money, the game is broken "The Hatchery", has bosses that kill with 1 hit "Not much point in running up to attack when your dead before You even start", and is a group play game with very few players wanting to actually join a group "Most just simply same kill you, then move on to somewhere else!"'!
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by grimgryphon
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

"just remember, a disgruntled customer with 500 Facebook friends is like a loaded gun"

Not sure if I want to laugh or just /facepalm on that gem...

You really believe they refunded you because of that terrible threat? Please, tell me you don't believe that.

A bit off-topic, but...

I know facts are not your strong suit Korrigan, since you seem to think you know everything, but here are a few "fun facts" from MY playbook:

74% of consumers rely on social networks to guide purchase decisions. (Gartner, July 2011)

90% of consumers trust peer recommendations. Only 14% trust advertisements. (Gartner, 2011)

80% of people have changed a purchase decision due to a bad review they saw. (Cone Communications, Survey 2011)

The average consumer today checks 10.4 information sources before buying. (Bazaarvoice, June 2012)

51% of consumers said they would never buy an online product without reading at least one piece of user-generated content. (Kelton Market Research, September 2011)

When asked what sources "influence your decision to use or not use a particular company, brand or product" 71% claim reviews from family members or friends exert a "great deal" or "fair amount" of influence. (Harris Interactive, June 2011)

Consumer reviews are significantly more trusted -- nearly 12 times more -- than descriptions that come from manufacturers. (eMarketer, February 2011)

Consumers generated more than 500 billion impressions (good and bad) about products and services, through social media in 2011. (Forrester Research Inc., June 2011)

The number of marketers who say Facebook is "critical" or "important" to their business has increased 83% in just 2 years. (Hubspot, 2011)

81% of all Facebook users say they have posted information about a bad customer experience at least once. (Gartner, 2012)

Why do I know this? Because I am in the business of improving customer satisfaction for (primarily) software companies. I talk with corporations every day who are worried that social media "word of mouth" will ruin their business. And they should be worried. Here's another "fun fact":

In 10 years, over 40% of current Fortune 500 companies will not exist.

That's reason enough to be worried.

So when you ask me if I believe that type of statement actually works? You bet I do. I see it work every day and unless ANet is gloriously unaware of the effect social media has on their business, they see it too.

Nice!

I expect consumer research to increase as well as time goes on.  There is just too much garbage being released these days.  The good ol' days of relying on a software game companies reputation seem to be over as well.

But then again, if I were to tell my pre-GW2 self something, I might mention to myself not to trust fans spewing praise about GW2.  Fans are a really bad source of credible information, lol ;)

GW2 is about as good as any other $5 Steam game :/

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

"just remember, a disgruntled customer with 500 Facebook friends is like a loaded gun"

Not sure if I want to laugh or just /facepalm on that gem...

You really believe they refunded you because of that terrible threat? Please, tell me you don't believe that.

A bit off-topic, but...

I know facts are not your strong suit Korrigan, since you seem to think you know everything, but here are a few "fun facts" from MY playbook:

74% of consumers rely on social networks to guide purchase decisions. (Gartner, July 2011)

90% of consumers trust peer recommendations. Only 14% trust advertisements. (Gartner, 2011)

80% of people have changed a purchase decision due to a bad review they saw. (Cone Communications, Survey 2011)

The average consumer today checks 10.4 information sources before buying. (Bazaarvoice, June 2012)

51% of consumers said they would never buy an online product without reading at least one piece of user-generated content. (Kelton Market Research, September 2011)

When asked what sources "influence your decision to use or not use a particular company, brand or product" 71% claim reviews from family members or friends exert a "great deal" or "fair amount" of influence. (Harris Interactive, June 2011)

Consumer reviews are significantly more trusted -- nearly 12 times more -- than descriptions that come from manufacturers. (eMarketer, February 2011)

Consumers generated more than 500 billion impressions (good and bad) about products and services, through social media in 2011. (Forrester Research Inc., June 2011)

The number of marketers who say Facebook is "critical" or "important" to their business has increased 83% in just 2 years. (Hubspot, 2011)

81% of all Facebook users say they have posted information about a bad customer experience at least once. (Gartner, 2012)

Why do I know this? Because I am in the business of improving customer satisfaction for (primarily) software companies. I talk with corporations every day who are worried that social media "word of mouth" will ruin their business. And they should be worried. Here's another "fun fact":

In 10 years, over 40% of current Fortune 500 companies will not exist.

That's reason enough to be worried.

So when you ask me if I believe that type of statement actually works? You bet I do. I see it work every day and unless ANet is gloriously unaware of the effect social media has on their business, they see it too.

Yeah, it sure seems to work against TSW. My facebook page has been pretty much filled with anti-TSW stuffed ever since that extremely BS move that they pulled.  From a AoC fan who was so eager to try on the next funcom game, to an absolute hater.  I don't normally hate on games, but when a company is so blatantly dishonest I just can't stand by and support their product. Never again will I put another penny out to that company.  Lesson learned.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841
    "Don't waste 60 dollars just to get into the beta. You'll dislike the game 10 minutes in and you'll still dislike it after 10-15 hours trying out every class only to find the gameplay is dull and the comminuty horribly anti-social. Save the 60 bucks for the steam holiday sales"
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    You were right about the no names thing
  • dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I would certainly not waste a time travel to speak about a game....

Which I would not advise against buying

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    I will tell to myself, "Dont buy the game dummy!!!"

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

"Though you may not believe this, ArenaNet are about to show that they no longer have any shame. Every single promise will be broken; the potential of brilliant fantasy races will be wholly unrealised (even the asura will just have sub par Phantasy Star Online aesthetics instead of anything new and interesting); the professions are copy-pasted and broken; the dynamic events are just the same thing over and over but reskinned; the combat is mind-numbingly slow-paced compared to what you prefer (which means that tactics are near impossible to act upon); the AI is the most unintelligent you've seen in any online game and can do nothing but zerg, like moths to the flame; the game will switch to being purely about vertical progression with no power plateau; and that they've put a tax on everything just to make you buy gems will get you down. Save yourself the downer. Just skip it. Instead, play more ME3 with your friends! That never stops being fun. Seriously, the disappointment is fairly soul-crushing."

I had such high hopes for GW2, though. Even the charr. The actual game though feels like a cheap sweatshop knock-off of what I imagined. And the simple truth is is that there are things out there now which are more fun to play. I've uninstalled GW2 and gone back to ME3, like I said. I <3 you, my geth engineer.

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

Two things.

1. It doesn't get any better.

2. All the people in raider guilds and online conspiracy theory people that say GW2  will release gear progression a few months after release and screw  you, they are actually right.

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264

So why was this necro thread brought up again? you guys don't have anything to hate on today or what?

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    I'd say to myself, you made the right choice to buy GW2/

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• HedakeHedake Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I would say "Tell your future self you were right about GW2, you were rigggggggghttttttttttt.....hack...cough....ughhhh.." The end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    "I know this will be hard to believe, but you're having more fun trying Star Wars the Old Republic than you are with Guild Wars 2. Don't make the same mistake you did with Diablo III."